TIA
Old 05-09-2002, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

internal spacers on the shocks
Old 05-09-2002, 09:37 AM
Ian
Tech Regular

thanks
no wonder i cant find it....i was looking for some set screw that need to be adjust to set the droop
Old 05-09-2002, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ian
thanks
no wonder i cant find it....i was looking for some set screw that need to be adjust to set the droop
some pro car the pro2 was much better.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

You can also adjust droop by threading the shock end in or threading it out more. Just be sure to measure your shock lengths so they are equal. The more you thread out the end, the more droop. Much faster than adding or removing internal limiters.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey All, Just got the new aluminum rear brace on the car, man did it take a ton of the flex out of the rear part of the car, that coupled with the HB upper deck and the car is really starting to tighten up...

The only slightly depressing thing is, just as HPI is really starting to make this car better, they are preping to release the pro4...
Old 05-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Tech Regular

You know, there been alot of miss information about which model is the new pro4 (or what ever they are going to call it.) Some say its a "KAI" japanese baracuda which is 100% WRONG! what that picture is of is the "KAI`s" version of the Alex Baracuda not the pro4. But the other one that looks like a TC3 is the one HARA ran is.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

hi! i have been to HK this week and saw the Pro3 that Hara used in the HK race last Dec. 2001 (finished 3rd). This is displayed at Jet Hobby.

If I recall it right, it is a Spec V with carbon graphite shock tower and HB upper deck. What I noticed different in is car is the modified HB upperdeck. It basically is your standard HB upperdeck except that the material in between left and right of the upperdeck had been removed. Hence only the curved portion of the upperdeck (front end on top of the steering bell crank) is holding the left and right sides.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys...I was a Pro II die-hard, but now since I've tinkered with a Pro III there is no going back. The thing is, I was beating many Pro 3's and couldn't figure out why all the hoopla when the Pro 3 first came out. Now I know! The Pro 3 is just fast....I strapped in a Chrome stock motor and left the gearing at the kit setting and I swear that I seen flames shooting out. The thing just plain out handles the Pro 2. Not downing the Pro 2, but if you happen to be beaten by someone driven a Pro 2, the driver best be Hara. Any spring combinations for a smooth prepared track. I got some XXX's, Schumachers, TC3's to battle.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Default Team PRP Pro 3 upper deck update

We are updating the hardware that is included with our Pro 3 upper deck. We are now adding seven hex screws and five spacers as standard. No more phillips screws! The new hardware allows the deck to be mounted to the front bulkhead and steering posts with the front plastic/composite brace removed. The new standard mounting method now utilizes all seven attachment points.

Our chassis prototypes are still undergoing track testing. It's been going very well and we should be able to start pre-orders sometime this month.

Thanks again for all the interest we've received for our new products!

Best,
Team PRP

http://home.attbi.com/~teamprp
Old 05-14-2002, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Three rounds of qualifying done at the On-Road Worlds in S. Africa, where's Hara? Obviously couldn't handle some real competition or the flack from using a TC3 rip-off at the LRP Masters.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rmac

"Three rounds of qualifying done at the On-Road Worlds in S. Africa, where's Hara? Obviously couldn't handle some real competition or the flack from using a TC3 rip-off at the LRP Masters."

This is actually 1/12th scale Qualifying, 1/10th scale ISTC will begin on Thursday.

Atsushi Hara has been very fast at the pre-worlds and at the LRP Cup also.
So just wait and see,...
Old 05-14-2002, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

RMAC

Hara is not running 12th scale...... Sorry

I’m Sure there will be plenty of competition for him at the WORLDS.

Old 05-14-2002, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Team PrP

Hi Sir!!!

Great Product!!!!!!

But how could I acquire one I am all he way here in Manila, Philippines! I ask already our local post office and they do not sell Money order in Dollars!

Could I just use my credit Card, for this special part??

The HB uper deck is of no use now that I have seen your upper deck???

Will be waiting for your reply!

Thanks

Lemuel Pia
Thanks,
Old 05-14-2002, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

wow, welcome thad. i guess its an honor to have a true hpi rep in these threads.... thats unless someone is just using Thad Garner as a username

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.