Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

rc-zombies: that is good news!!! i might be able to get one next week. hope the price drops to $20 by then

pro3racing: thanks!!! i can't wait to get it. i'm sure i'll like it coz graphite is definitely better than lexan.
Old 02-14-2002, 05:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by purplepro3
rc-zombies: that is good news!!! i might be able to get one next week. hope the price drops to $20 by then

pro3racing: thanks!!! i can't wait to get it. i'm sure i'll like it coz graphite is definitely better than lexan.
purplepro3
i sent you 2 different kinds so i hope they work for you
let me know when you get them
Old 02-14-2002, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by sosidge
See, i never run my car with 0 kick-up - just don't like the idea.

Are you running a top-deck? On a grippy surface the stiffer chassis will carry more speed in the corners.

Are you running a "race" body, like a stratus?
Yeah well I would prefer to run 2 degree kick-up but I need to reduce castor as much as possible.

Running top deck AND a graphite chassis. The chassis has minimal flex...

Also running a Protoform Stratus...
Old 02-15-2002, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Well - you've reached the limits of my advice then!
Old 02-17-2002, 02:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by sosidge
Well - you've reached the limits of my advice then!
Thanks anyway... So I gather you're not experiencing the same problems I am? What sort of setup do you run?
Old 02-17-2002, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

I run on carpet and slippy floors.

My basic setups use slightly softer springing at the back than at the front, the 6deg blocks & 2deg kick-up, 2 deg toe and a touch of neg camber all round, 5mm ride height.

Carpet tends to be stiff springs with heavy damping, slippy floor I change my mind on springs most weeks (generally prefer stiffer settings), with slightly lighter damping.

I used to run mostly on carpet, and I felt the car was pretty dialled for me, with sharp turn-in and neutral mid-corner steering, but I only go down about once every couple of months now, so I'm not really in the carpet groove anyway.

Slippy floors just don't respond to set-up the same way carpet does - I still find that what's dialled one week is rubbish the next (but I've got closer to an all-round consistent set-up in recent weeks).
Old 02-21-2002, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anyone found any camber link positions that they like for carpet, other than the the stock set up.
Old 02-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Any suggestions on where to get the best prices on all the hop ups for the PRO 3? TIA
Old 02-22-2002, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

To get all the option parts you have to buy in HK. they have everything that we can't get here in the states. Try:

MiniWorld/RcModel: http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshopping/default.htm

Jet Hobbies: http://www.jethobby.com/

Control Centre: http://controlcentre.rctech.net/

Rainbow Ten(Japan): http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

RcModel has the better website and more user freindly. I've order from all 4. So far so good. no problems. Received all my parts safe and secure.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Hey, you guys are HPI fans, so maybe you guys know the answer to my question. Why does HPI continue to shun the 190mm touring cars when it comes to making new bodies? HPI makes some of the most detailed, best looking bodies around..........for 200mm that is. A long time ago, some HPI official told me once that they start the bodies off in 200mm, then if there is enough demand for them in 190mm, then they will make a 190mm version. That doesn't even make sense. You go to the average local track that runs both gas and electric and theres usually double (or more) the number of electric cars to nitro cars. So why not start with 190mm and go to 200mm if theres a demand for the body there. I know HPI sells more gas cars than they do electric, but damn, theres still way more electric cars out there than nitro. I used to buy HPI bodies all the time, but I got tired of waiting for good bodies to make the switch to 190mm. Like the great looking Alfa Romeo GTV 200mm body. And now this beauty.
Attached Thumbnails pro3-hpi-bodies.jpg  
Old 02-25-2002, 09:37 AM
Regional Moderator

And the other version of that same body. Again, in 200mm only.
Attached Thumbnails pro3-hpi-body.jpg  
Old 02-25-2002, 03:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The 190 market is pretty much locked into Stratus
200mm is wide open because most newbies prefer to start with nitro's now instead of electric and newbies will run what ever looks cool (I don't blame them). HPI will tell you straight up that the demand for their 200mm bodies blow's away their demand for 190mm.

BTW- ran at the Lake Perris Champs race here in SoCal. 2 Pro3's in the top 3 for expert stock. Mine 1st- my buddies 3rd- neither one of us used a Stratus bod

Who says the Pro3 Isn't a contender? Learn how to set it up, make a few mods and just DRIVE it!
Attached Thumbnails pro3-p2240017.jpg  
Old 02-25-2002, 07:44 PM
Regional Moderator

MikeR: Yeah, its sad that the 190mm drivers aren't more open to different bodies. So I guess thats why HPI does what it does. Still its sad to see good bodies never make it to the 190mm market. HPI should take note though, that people are starting to make their way out of that "me to" thing with the Stratus. I don't see half as many of them at the track as I used to.

I didn't think people were saying the Pro3 wasn't a contender. I thought the complaints were that you had to add so many hopups to it that it was basically a whole new car. I've seen people compete and do well with the Pro3, but they rarely keep the car very long. I don't know why, but thats usually the case. In the end though, there must be some reason the car is selling for only about $100 in most places. Theres obviously something about the car that people don't like.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I would like to buy an optional Carbon Fiber Chassis,
Which one do you advise ?
And where I can get it ?

Many thanks,
Old 02-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Regional Moderator

at the moment i would go for penguin.....or you could wait for the hotbodies one to come out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.