Old 02-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We HK not have big problem in R1 Pro,
some driver was take 2 TQ & A1 & A2 !
Old 02-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the issue is software and not hardware, and to be honest, 10.5 and 13.5 is a small part of the market in the end.

Companies like Tekin are innovative rather than sheep, it won't be long till I m sure thay are sorted. and from what I hear, with the hotwire, certain issues with sensored motors can be easily overcome.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi DA, isn't it sensorless that's the problem, have other companies perfected running sensorless with 10.5 and 13.5 etc?
Old 02-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Hi Terry, I have not run mine with those two grades of motor, mainly because most are bonded and just feel yukky to drive so wont bother. But I understand the issue's with it.

The Hotwire will allow you to push a motor harder and overcome almost all the issues you see, from the cogging etc, the only thing it won't is the guestimate of initial rotor position. But, I am sure that that is capable of being overcome with software also.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

The problem is the type of wind that the sensorless motors use. The new rules for 17.5 and 13.5 don't allow the motors to be wound for speedo's like the R1 to work at their best.

Also, the new rules have pushed the Tekin mod motors out. They're being forced to make motors that are wound like the Novak & LRP and at that point you might as well make a speedo just for the rules (RS).

ROAR had always said that they would be happy to allow sensorless motors in but they continue to push them right back out with limiting the type of wind. Some of the big brushless companies will tell you that their type of wind is best and at the same time lobby to not let the other style of wind in.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

that is only ROAR, racing does continue after the Western and Eastern coasts you know

Sensorless isn't the issu, in the UK, Wye and Delta are legal, and slotted/slottless.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by davepull
lol ok this much I can say I have meet Jim and Sherri and they are very very nice people. I have ran for Tekin for the past 2 years and I can tell you that they have put there heart and sole into this company and there products. I am not one of these sponsor hores. I run for companies that have products that I want to run. and products that I believe in. Tekin is just that.

sooo for tha past two years of 10.5 brushless oval racing you have had to sit at home and watch us run on the internet? LOL you have been saving them a ton of money for two years!

i met charles manson once...he was a nice guy?

the extreme magazine add is way misleading....it does need a disclaimer saying the esc R! does not work with the novak 13.5 10.5 17.5 21.5 and 4 cells......i do think if they are selling the R1 speedos they may get alot of complaints with the racers.......otherwise i do hope they get the new speedo working with all motors.......
Old 02-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so tekin when will your hot wire be released. i was told a month ago, someone says next week, someone else says not till summer. so would it be possible to confirm a date, or will it just be the same old same old.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Team Tekin

No chance the R1 is a bust. Granted it did not work perfectly with the 13.5 motors and that is an important group of people in the race community. We are not making any excuses or blaming anyone, we missed in a few areas and we are fixing it. We are here for the long haul and we will make it right.

The R1 is small, uses a small cap, has no heat sinks or fans, is easy to use and adjust quickly, is software updateable and is extremely smooth and efficient on the track in terms of both throttle and brakes. Also significant is that we have had almost no failures at all. In fact failures have been amazingly rare on all the new Tekin speedos including the B1, Fx and R1. When you build thousands of something you are bound to have a few bad solder joints or cracked components slip thru testing, but under normal conditions they are proving to be bullet proof.

We are releasing a new software that improves starts on all the motors significantly and eliminates the rolling backward delays. Even the 13.5 is close to perfect, however close may not be good enough for a serious racer which is why we are building the RS sensored version. Applications like 4 cell oval with 4” rollouts pretty much require a sensor to get going smoothly with any reasonable acceleration. It can be done if you sacrifice fast starts, but that seems counterproductive. Every controller I have seen start these motors well has been pretty slow. We think we have now found a good balance.

We are also releasing the Hotwire this week. Those who do not wish to purchase one to update their unit should have no problem finding a Tekin Team Driver at a local track or visit their local authorized Tekin dealer. We will supply a Hotwire to any dealer that asks for one. If you want to mail it to us we will update your unit at Tekin and return it to you.

Tekin Prez
Old 02-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

that is positive news! as soon as dave has his and it works i'll be buying one asap! well unless they are not legal in lforida oval racing....
Old 02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
just remember guys this is not tekin as we remember it. the original founders sold the company, so it is now tekin in name alone. the person who bought it uses it as a hobby, not overly concerned if he gets the product out on time or not. witch in my opinion is a bad attitude, as the end user should be toying around not the manufacturer.

That is soooo wrong. We work 7 days a week at making Tekin a leader. We have invested a ton of money, built a building with a full indoor carpet track and put our heart and soul into this. Anyone that thinks otherwise is guessing and has never met us or knows anything about us.

RC was a hobby before we bought Tekin. Now RC is a job... I assure you we are extremely focused and committed to Tekins success. All the new Tekin products are achieving rockstar status until the R1 with the silly legal motors, and we are fixing it.

Thank you for all the support from those that believe in us and have a clue what it takes to run a business.

Tekin Prez
Old 02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Can we 'trade-up' to the RS Pro from the R1 Pro later when it's finally released?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
No chance the R1 is a bust. Granted it did not work perfectly with the 13.5 motors and that is an important group of people in the race community. We are not making any excuses or blaming anyone, we missed in a few areas and we are fixing it. We are here for the long haul and we will make it right.

The R1 is small, uses a small cap, has no heat sinks or fans, is easy to use and adjust quickly, is software updateable and is extremely smooth and efficient on the track in terms of both throttle and brakes. Also significant is that we have had almost no failures at all. In fact failures have been amazingly rare on all the new Tekin speedos including the B1, Fx and R1. When you build thousands of something you are bound to have a few bad solder joints or cracked components slip thru testing, but under normal conditions they are proving to be bullet proof.

We are releasing a new software that improves starts on all the motors significantly and eliminates the rolling backward delays. Even the 13.5 is close to perfect, however close may not be good enough for a serious racer which is why we are building the RS sensored version. Applications like 4 cell oval with 4” rollouts pretty much require a sensor to get going smoothly with any reasonable acceleration. It can be done if you sacrifice fast starts, but that seems counterproductive. Every controller I have seen start these motors well has been pretty slow. We think we have now found a good balance.

We are also releasing the Hotwire this week. Those who do not wish to purchase one to update their unit should have no problem finding a Tekin Team Driver at a local track or visit their local authorized Tekin dealer. We will supply a Hotwire to any dealer that asks for one. If you want to mail it to us we will update your unit at Tekin and return it to you.

Tekin Prez
so the question now is if you knew the esc didnt work perfectly why release it to the pulblic for sale???
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We are not making any excuses or blaming anyone, we missed in a few areas and we are fixing it.
followed by

Tekin products are achieving rockstar status until the R1 with the silly legal motors, and we are fixing it.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

well i guess i can just have a pitman hold my car up like a nitro car on the starting line this way it can go backwards in the air then he can release it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.