Wiki Posts
Search

You will NEVER win a big race so just accept it

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Every top driver started at the bottom. They didn't just wake up and become a great racer with the absolute best equipment.

Good thing I didn't quit because one of the top racers kicked my ass because I would of done that 24 years ago.

Go to the races to have fun, meet new racers, see some of the best in the world racers, and learn from the Pros as they very approachable and 99% are normal guys that just happen to be able to wheel an R/C better than most.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Your probably one of those guys spending the big $$$s
Old 02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If racing was quick and easy then everyone would be fast. It takes dedication, some natural talent and the right equipment to go fast. I am spending money to goto the nats, and I can tell you I won't make the amain in either class. But I will have fun, get to spend time with my buddies and I will be involved in some great battles with other people at my LEVEL. If you are a person that has to win to have fun, race the trans am class, or legends, something where driving skills and equipment aren't as key.

But if you are going to race with the big boys, shut up and quit crying when you get your arse spanked.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by notateamracer
I see all these guys spending big $ to go to the big races. Pic one I dont care which adn then they get there hopes up only to be beat up on time and time again.

You will never have a chance against these team guys that have parts and gear you dont have. No big race should allow any part or tire or anything battery whatever that is not available to the general public. dont give me that crap that they do testing there. test another time not at a race i spend $500 to go and have a eequal shot at winning. I am so sick and tired of it it makes me sick.

things need to change the average joe racer will never win if they keep allowing this crap to happen. why even show up. i can lose at home for free! No more products raced that are not available to EVERYONE no exceptions. lets give the average guy a chance for onnce
wow, all the hard work those "pro" drivers do and not a drop of talent among them. It is a shame, and hardwork? Who has time for that! I mean if you want to be good at something would it not be easyer to show up, unprepared, with little or no pratice and win? THAT would be great, I bet the "pro" guys would love that to! More time spent doing someting else, like sleeping. I guess your therory would also appy to PRO sports, like Tiger Woods, I mean if it wqs not for the light weight golf shirts, and those HIGHLY ILLEGAL golf balls we would all cream him on anyday.

If you want to be "JOE" Racer than be that, race for fun or what ever your motivation is. If you want to test your skills against the best then enter a race. Also the work these guys do helps to bring more products to the masses.

I guess the "PRO" racers were born with contracts in hand at birth. Heres your radio, and car you are now better than everyone else.

Must we forget where all these "PRO" guys started?

OR was Paul Lemuex Born with a X-Ray shrit on?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default LOL...to f'ng funny

This is the best thread ever....
sike...!!!!!

I'll go ahead and assume that you lost a big race recently??
funny sh!zze ...dude...

to the original comment...
I think you're taking this too seriously...
only a few make into an Amain at a big event....
the average driver should be aiming for the C or B main...or whatever his average time would allow him to be grouped with...

example the Birds....I would never...in a thousands years think I would even make the B main...
I would happy with a D main showing..If I'm lucky...

Now if your good enough to make into a top Bmain or Amain then consider that you're probably good enough to get a sponsorship..even if you don't win that particular event
dude....reality check...doesn't this hold true for most sports and hobbies.....you have talent then get noticed...the get a sponsorships or endorsement. plain and simple same thing...

I race not only because of the competetion but more for the friendships, fun times...and a chance to get away from house + ball chains :P

OR was Paul Lemuex Born with a X-Ray shrit on?
I heard it's actually a Xray tatoo... :P
Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by olhipster1
This is the best thread ever....
sike...!!!!!

funny sh!zze ...dude...

to the original comment...
I think you're taking this too seriously...
only a few make into an Amain at a big event....
the average driver should be aiming for the C or B main...or whatever his average time would allow him to be grouped with...

example the Birds....I would never...in a thousands years think I would even make the B main...
I would happy with a D main showing..If I'm lucky...

Now if your good enough to make into a top Bmain or Amain then consider that you're probably good enough to get a sponsorship..even if you don't win that particular event
dude....reality check...doesn't this hold true for most sports and hobbies.....you have talent then get noticed...the get a sponsorships or endorsement. plain and simple same thing...

I race not only because of the competetion but more for the friendships, fun times...and a chance to get away from house + ball chains :P

I heard it's actually a Xray tatoo... :P
your post actually makes cents i just get frustrated i practice my a$$ off and i still suck and lose. yes i have spent a bundle and never make the A. I dont know maybe i am a crybaby loser but I just want to win once and feel what it feels like. i run an corally and now i hear i have to buy an aftermarket chassis for carpet i cant keep up.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Longest "I suck" post evar!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I think you really worded your post wrong, and a better attitude in it would have been better.

If you are saying that you think something should be passed rule wise concerning drivers using parts that are not commercially available for everyone to purchase, I can see some of your point on that and you probably could have a civil discussion about it. Especially if it deviates from a set rule or some approved list of items that can be used. Heck, I think I remember a big full page ad taken out about some sort of rule deviation at a big race in one of the bigger RC Magazines.

As for the comment however about drivers winning because of those changes only, can't go down that road. Those guys are pros for a reason because they started driving prior to all the protostuff came down the pipeline. The cars don't drive themselves, and throwing your wallet over the finish line doesn't win anything. You would be better served IMHO just buying cheap stuff and race that. Trust me, beating something using substandard gear when they have the wallet racing mentality is priceless.

Lastly, try to enjoy the hobby. Thats what this is supposed to be about. Its not like someone is going to be beating down your door for an autograph picture of you and the "toy" car and I don't mean that as an insult.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

save the crap for someone else. just keep telling yourself that. i have seen plenty of guys that can wheel and i dont want to hear about set up either. there are way to many great drivers out there that DO NOT have access to special parts and batteries. i never said team drivers were not good but what makes them winners is there gear. all things equal the ones with the better stuff you or i cant buy will win. stop stacking the odds in there favor and make it fair!

Wake up drivers enough is enough.
what a loser
Old 02-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One of the greatest things about this hobby is that you can actually pit next a world champion, talk to them and hell maybe even be in the same qualifier. That doesn't mean you are "worthy" it just means this hobby is that great. I raced ATV's for years and I never got a chance at racing the best, we weren't allowed in the same pit area, or even in the track at the same time. Face it not you are not the next Masami, keep your day job and race for fun. After all that's what it's all about..

It could be worse you could have more DNF's than finishes (me). Maybe one day they'll make the track out of rubber bumpers!!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

your post actually makes cents i just get frustrated i practice my a$$ off and i still suck and lose. yes i have spent a bundle and never make the A. I dont know maybe i am a crybaby loser but I just want to win once and feel what it feels like. i run an corally and now i hear i have to buy an aftermarket chassis for carpet i cant keep up.
I have a similar problem and see were your coming from as I have an RC12L3 and everyone says get the newest stuff to be fast but I don't really see it that way. In my mind RC Racing is about control and having a good time not who wins or loses. I mean comon nobodys perfect. I practice almost every day and take perfect care of my stuff but then the goody-goods come and my hope is gone. The main problem I have is only the SOME of the sponsered drivers take some time and offer to help
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Longest "I suck" post evar!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You are absolutely correct!!!! I agree that you will never win and you need to give up. Just remember as long as I am around you will always be #2 (First Loser).
Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

The best part of the whole Team driver "advantage" is, they can beat me with my own stuff. And they can run almost as fast with my stuff as with theirs. Cracks me up.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

"You will NEVER win a big race"

So what big deal

i go to a big race to have a good time meat new people see people i dont get 2 see that often and learsn some new things and beat the pants off a few local drivers

when i go away as long as i can qualify somewear near in the middle i am more than happy atleast i know i beat someone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.