Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love the car dont get me wrong... It was a rear dogbone so idk if it would have anything todo with a spool... but all in all the car is good.... just time to order parts...............
Old 10-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for evry ones help...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I assumed that it was a front dogbone.

Good luck with ordering the parts

cheers Roy
Old 10-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Gent's i need some tips from you almighty indoor speedfreaks
15 november is my first indoor race on carpet and i need some advice how to set up the car.
I am running lipo 13.5 or 10.5.
The track had a straight of about 30 meters and a tech infield (see link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XC2p...layer_embedded )
What FDR should i take for starters and what setup on springs and oil.
Got purple front springs and pink on the rear at the moment and 35 WT oil in shocks.
Should i drive a spool,one way or dif at the front??
Should i drive with stabi or not??
All help is welcome and allready many thanks on who gives me some pointers.

cheers Roy
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-tm-roy.jpg  
Old 10-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Gent's i need some tips from you almighty indoor speedfreaks
15 november is my first indoor race on carpet and i need some advice how to set up the car.
I am running lipo 13.5 or 10.5.
The track had a straight of about 30 meters and a tech infield (see link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XC2p...layer_embedded )
What FDR should i take for starters and what setup on springs and oil.
Got purple front springs and pink on the rear at the moment and 35 WT oil in shocks
Should i drive a spool,one way or dif at the front?
Should i drive with stabi or not??
All help is welcome and allready many thanks on who gives me some pointers.

cheers Roy
What FDR should i take for starters and what setup on springs and oil. I would start with 4.5 with a non boosting speed control and 5.5 with a boosting speed control, run a few laps and temp often to get in the right range
Got purple front springs and pink on the rear at the moment and 35 WT oil in shocks.Perfect for rubber but maybe a little soft for foam
Should i drive a spool,one way or dif at the front??Spool with rubber tires and diff if you are running foam
Should i drive with stabi or not?? 1.1 stabalizers front and rear with rubber tires, none with foam tires

Let us all know how you make out.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

I got a GM90 ESC mode 8 into 3 and it is a rubber tire event.
So basic is: springs and oil ok,spool ok and the stabi also ok.
FDR of 5.5 for starters and work from there.
Well looks like i got some basic settings ok

cheers Roy
Old 10-29-2009, 06:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Good to see you guys are still running. I miss my E4. Wish things would of worked out better and the tracks were closer for me. Oh well just checking in to see how you guys are making out.

Pro10noob good luck for the start of your carpet season. I think the E4 on rubber tire carpet should be an awesome car. I have no experiance with foams on the E4 so have no idea how it will work if you run foams.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does you guys experienced belt skipping (mainly at rear or may be side) problem? My E4 recently start making belt skipping noice (running carpet, 13.5 and 17.5) and when I look over the belt and pulley, they don't look too wear at all. I think I am going to replace the whole belt and pulleys, but I want to see does anyone hear experienced the same and know exactly where is the problem...?

I bet is mostly the rear belt....but really hard to tell. I have tried tighten the belt tensioner or loosen it...the problem still exist.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Does you guys experienced belt skipping (mainly at rear or may be side) problem? My E4 recently start making belt skipping noice (running carpet, 13.5 and 17.5) and when I look over the belt and pulley, they don't look too wear at all. I think I am going to replace the whole belt and pulleys, but I want to see does anyone hear experienced the same and know exactly where is the problem...?

I bet is mostly the rear belt....but really hard to tell. I have tried tighten the belt tensioner or loosen it...the problem still exist.

I had the same thing happen to mine (E4-RS not 09) and had to keep tightening the belts until they didnt skip.

What I did was have someone hold the front wheels and then try to turn the back wheels and see how hard it was to make the belt skip. They should be pretty hard to make skip if they aren't tighten the belts until it is hard to make them skip. (be careful not to try too hard you can damage the car)

another thing is do you have an aluminum rear upper deck mount?
Mine is plastic and can flex enough to make the belt skip.
Also wolf hobbies makes an aluminum rear chassis brace to help with flex.

Hope this helps,
Rocky
Old 10-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Solara

I happened to me recently too. Every belts were new and after 15/20 runs, the belts start to relax.
You can tight the side and rear belt a bit more but keep them free enough not to get the transmission unsmooth.

I personaly bet it comes from the front one like on my own car.
To check if i was right, I prevented the rear wheels to spin on the board of a table and I turned gently but fermly one front wheel (with spool only). And bingo, the front belt is now loose enough to skip.

You may use this link as a permanent solution !

Enjoy
Slide
Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Erhhhmmmmmmm isn't that part always present on the E4RS and the E4FS

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Slideaway
Hi Solara

I happened to me recently too. Every belts were new and after 15/20 runs, the belts start to relax.
You can tight the side and rear belt a bit more but keep them free enough not to get the transmission unsmooth.

I personaly bet it comes from the front one like on my own car.
To check if i was right, I prevented the rear wheels to spin on the board of a table and I turned gently but fermly one front wheel (with spool only). And bingo, the front belt is now loose enough to skip.

You may use this link as a permanent solution !

Enjoy
Slide
Old 10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, that's a bit stupid to provide the other cars with this useful item but not the RS... Mister Team Magic, Why?
Old 10-31-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

man my JS has been rock solid in VTA .....handles as good as any car out there ....only broke a body post in about 10 race weeknds
Old 11-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Well today i got my first taste of the TM on carpet with rubber tires.
Track was very narrow and slippery at the beginning but at the end of the day i was more then 4 seconds faster then at the beginning of the day.
Started with a "blistering" 21.89 laptime on sorex 28 and without preparing the tires without anything on that tires what so ever(that was a pain )
Switched to sorex 24 at the back,removed the stabi at the back and put some jack the gripper on the tires and heated them up a bit.
Got some more track time and slowly the times went faster and faster.
Still not there tho as the club team drivers lap the circuit in low 15 high 14 sec's.
All in all it was a productive first outing on carpet for me and i learned alot of it.
Hopefully i can find some more speed in the car and some more flawless driving for me.

cheers Roy
Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey all,

Just got a deal with wolf, cant wait to get the e4. Everyone running the stock springs/ pistions on carpet / asphalt? or are they any specific "hot" springs that i should look into?

thanks,

tenpins77

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.