Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:40 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks Roy. I don't think I will run those 6 degree caster blocks again anytime soon.

When you run the 4 degree caster blocks do you still run the 3mm spacer under the ball stud on the bulkhead? When you shorten the rear turnbuckle are you shortening it up on the bulkhead side or on the hub?

Right now I run middle hole on the hub and inner most hole on the bulkhead.

By the end of the night for the main my car was really feeling good and smoother than it has even been. It was a pleasure to drive. Car is very close to being perfect.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I shorten the totall lenght of the turnbuckle.
I do use the 3 mm spacer even with the 3 degree caster blocks and i have the turnbuckle on the middle hole on the bulkhead and the inner hole on the hub.
The tires tat i run are normally LRP Vtec 30r but they tend to wear very fast at the front.
At the moment i am running Lrp's on the rear and Sorex 28 on the front.
The Sorex are for some reason less prone to wear even if they are of a softer compound.
Funny how a different track can affect your settings but the basics stay the same

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by wyd
Thanks Roy. I don't think I will run those 6 degree caster blocks again anytime soon.

When you run the 4 degree caster blocks do you still run the 3mm spacer under the ball stud on the bulkhead? When you shorten the rear turnbuckle are you shortening it up on the bulkhead side or on the hub?

Right now I run middle hole on the hub and inner most hole on the bulkhead.

By the end of the night for the main my car was really feeling good and smoother than it has even been. It was a pleasure to drive. Car is very close to being perfect.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Will see how my car is once I take it outside on the asphalt. I'm not going to make many changes other than I'm going with all new titanium tie rods and new heavy duty ball ends. I also need to take a little anodize off where my bearings fit into the alum. caster blocks. They fit a tad tight so I will lightly sand the bearing opening.

Once I run it outside I will see what if any changes I need to make.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I did a little work tonight on my aluminum caster blocks. The bearings fit a little tight and would pinch tbe bearing some so it wasn't near as smooth as it could be. Did a little light sanding to remove some of the anodize and now the bearings fit perfectly and the steering is really smooth with zero ninding.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

I did forget to mention I did order the HPI A748 belt that I saw a few others have run instead of the stock side belt. I think MarcoJ was the one that mentioned and did some testing with this setup and had excellent success.

So after remember that I had my shop order me two belts. Hey they where cheap enough so I thought I will try it out.

My stock side belt I been running for about 4 or 5 races now and two practice days. Belt is nice and soft and fits loosely. The front and rear belts are also nice and soft and very free. I can't complain about my drivetrain as it is very free and smooth with no super loose or tight spots. Just the same all the way around. I didn't even clean out my bearings or try ceramics yet because everything is super smooth.

Might get some Acer ceramic bearings for next year when the outdoor season starts up again.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Ran my car today and it was pretty good overall. Car worked really good on my old rubber tires and not as good on a set that had about 8 to 10 runs on them. The old set has at least 4 weeks on them but my laptimes where still on par with new tires so I just kept running them. Hey if they work why change them.

Car was super consistant. Now need to work a little more on getting a setting on my Tekin speedo that I like and I will be super happy.

Oh I seen Dave Erlich was in the A with his DE E4 at the Vergas race. Dave if you check in at all nice job. Would really like to see a post on the Vegas race and any info on your car.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Dave's car looked real well this week
Old 09-13-2009, 01:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
Dave's car looked real well this week
I saw he qualified very well so the car does work well but now TM just needs more guys promoting the car and getting others to try them.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

We hear you. We are accepting applications for driver sponsorships (various levels) and Team Captains. We are looking for drivers that can showcase the car. Drop us a line and we will see what we can do.

A good starting point for pinions is:

Due to the wide range of motors and their final drive ratio (FDR) requirements, a spur gear is not provided. For best results and maximum adjustment range the following basic pinion and spur table will place your motor roughly in the middle of its adjustment range.

FDR Pinion Spur
10.0 25 120
8.0 28 110
6.0 35 104
5.0 41 100
4.8 42 100
4.6 45 100
4.2 46 94
3.8 49 92
Old 09-13-2009, 08:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Hey Wolf nice to hear from you. Hope to see you and Dave post more. The more info the better for all of us. I do need to order a few more things in the next few weeks so I will be in touch.

Thanks for your help over the last few weeks when I called out to talk with you.

Brian
Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

there didnt seem to be much resistance on the 2 cars i have seen in person Wyd,dave's so i think its safe to say with more cars at the track this could be a very dominant car in the spec classes along with mod.

i run a top car which was very good this week in vegas with i think the fastest hot lap in 17.5 and i would imagine as well as daves car looked that could have been acheived in 17.5 with an e4
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

My E4 is very smooth in the drivetrain and better than my TC5 was. My belts fit looser and the overall feel of my driveline is super smooth. 3 belts have not been a problem for my car at all.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Which brushless motors fit in, I have the DE2 car and I can only so far get the Novak motors in. The Orions are just a hair too long and a Trinity is a bit longer yet. I assume that everybody is opening up the motor opening a little to get them in.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cammer
Which brushless motors fit in, I have the DE2 car and I can only so far get the Novak motors in. The Orions are just a hair too long and a Trinity is a bit longer yet. I assume that everybody is opening up the motor opening a little to get them in.

It takes a some dremeling but I got a Tekin and a Trinity DUO to fit.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey everyone, i just picked up an E4JS for 75$, whats the damage status on these things? i hope it isnt too fragile. It looks like it may have upgraded shocks along with shock towers and a bunch of other things. also how free does your drive train spin? this doesnt spin "freely" but there isnt any binding it just feels like there is some tightness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.