Team Magic E4 Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

He was talking about the aluminium tubes molded in the arms.

Anyway, i dont see why a simple lipo batt tray like Losi makes for the JRX-S type R would not allow most lipo made for 1/10th cars to fit?

Will Team Magic make that?

or should i buy a JRX-S type R?

Old 09-22-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

With this been such a new car I think Team Magics first focus is to the active race program,but I am sure they will adress the lipo batt issue.

I know in the Us guys only play with lipo when you go to the track you do not see much lipo or brushless because stock and 19 turn are still the most popular.

I believe you can take the tube out of the arms if you would like.Again we race on carpet with foam on high bite surfaces so we think stiff arms will be a good thing.We cant wait to try this car the losi platform is similar and is working well.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
He was talking about the aluminium tubes molded in the arms.

Anyway, i dont see why a simple lipo batt tray like Losi makes for the JRX-S type R would not allow most lipo made for 1/10th cars to fit?

Will Team Magic make that?

or should i buy a JRX-S type R?

I know there are already many plans for improvements and upgrades for the E4.
I hope that is one of them.
Around here, many run the brushless and Li-po. It's in the magority !

Sorry I missed the point on the aluminium parts..

It will be nice though to see this kit put through it's paces by some really good drivers!!

British Menace
Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Keep in mind this,

Nick Ko said too me the car is mainly for RUBBER tires.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Keep in mind this,

Nick Ko said too me the car is mainly for RUBBER tires.
I thought this might be so as they've included a one way/ spool for the front diff.

I think they may have a carpet chassis in the works too, to supplement this car. Possibly with a front ball diff' sufficient space for those larger Li-Po's.

Lets hope it's not too far away.

British Menace
Old 09-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

I hope so yes,[Borat] I like !!![/Borat]
Old 09-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

You definately need to make the orion 4800 in your car if you want to compete with the Losi type r. Losi seem to have a great design that cover all bases. The future is on Lipo's, their advantages are too great to ignore. I like your design a lot too but again...LIPO. The suspension arm look great their lenght indicates that this car should be easier to drive on asphalt than the Losi. Keep up the good work. Another suggestion, I think you should use carbon tubes instead of aluminum. Their more rigid and less likely to tweak your arms on a hard hit. You could adjust rigidity by offering different tube wall thicknesses.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
You definately need to make the orion 4800 in your car if you want to compete with the Losi type r. Losi seem to have a great design that cover all bases. The future is on Lipo's, their advantages are too great to ignore. I like your design a lot too but again...LIPO. The suspension arm look great their lenght indicates that this car should be easier to drive on asphalt than the Losi. Keep up the good work. Another suggestion, I think you should use carbon tubes instead of aluminum. Their more rigid and less likely to tweak your arms on a hard hit. You could adjust rigidity by offering different tube wall thicknesses.
I get the feeling that most Li-Po's will fit in the car (With maybe a spacer or two added here and there)
It's a case now of which one's WONT fit! Or which ones we can't get to fit.

I really think with the flexibility we have on layout that a "Battery mount kit" for Li-Po battery's is not out of the question.
The car is not like others that are so restricted in space. The third belt design lends some considerable flexibility in all area's of layout............including holding larger Li-Po battery's !!

British Menace
Old 09-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Default Us spec

Uk yes the first kit to arrive was desighned for the world which we all now runs on rubber tires,team magic has payed close attention to the touring car market and are hard at work on a Us spec car that will be dighned around high bite foam tire racing.

I am sure they will do the same for lipo and brushless
Old 09-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

in my humble opinion, one of the best features of this car's design is keeping the heaviest components (motor, battery) centralized in the car. it is advantageous not only for handling reasons, but also so that the car is will still be balanced when lipo batts are more widely used. it would only make sense to build the car to fit lipo batts. all other current chassis without this design face a weight distribution issue when using lipo batts.
i know, i know - its easy to do by adding a few washers, but if its easy why not incorporate it into the design now before releasing the car?

i don't use lipo batts right now, and my race club does not yet, but it seems to be looming on the horizon... i am ready to buy a new chassis, but i hesitate to buy any car today that i'll have to add weights to balance, or 'hack' to be ready for the future. i look at the other manufacturers chassis just released in the past month or so and it makes me scratch my head why they still stay with the old, non-lipo friendly layout!!
anyway, this chassis design is really appealing and has a lot of potentional - i really like it and look forward to its release!!
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Local racer
Uk yes the first kit to arrive was desighned for the world which we all now runs on rubber tires,team magic has payed close attention to the touring car market and are hard at work on a Us spec car that will be dighned around high bite foam tire racing.

I am sure they will do the same for lipo and brushless
I don't think they have paid that close attension.
The magority where I come from use Brushless and Li-Po batteries now.
They are all getting increasingly frustrated why tracks and governing bodies are not switching to these systems.

And aslo, as said, why oh why bring out a new car that does not have provision for running both???

Rubber tires is also in the magority here.....thank goodness!!

I think that, mainly because of the design, TM will incorporate Li-Po's by having some kind of battery mount kit...............here's hoping.

Or maybe they will incorporate it in any Carpet/U'S spec car. Although Like I have said, Rubber tires I think is the future here too!

We'll see.

British Menace
Old 09-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by British Menace
Oh dear.
Putting a couple of washers here and there too much for you??

Just kidding......but it is odd how we are all prepared to change our cars for "tuning reasons" or something that we think will make the car better but frown on a couple of washers added to make a Li-Po fit. ??

My view is that TM should have a Li-Po fitting Kit. Because Li-Po is the future! Doesn't really matter if it's legal or not. It will be legal soon. And sooner the better.
Get rid of the old, bring in the new.
Old, antiquated classes with brushed motors and NiMh batteries are fast going out. A new car should accept the new Li-Po's and brushless systems!!

That's what I say.

But it looks as though alot of the Li-Po batteries will fit in the cars stock state with the addition of a few "REALLY DIFFICULT" to fit washers.

Maybe the more adventurous and inventive of us out there will figure out a way to fit larger Li-Po batteries in the car.

Don't you think that should be Team Magic to do that Nikko??

Either way, the car looks like a real racer and a very cool looking and inovative designed car.

British Menace
okay if you can gurantee me that the E4 will take the orion or trackpower 'brick' typ Li-Po & be safe with the battery connections under the carbon top deck in racing conditions then i'll buy one before Xmas .......

but that does leave the question being the Novak GTB speedo i have (yes it's big & No i'm not buying another Make) sticking quite away out of the side of the chassis (being so narrow some what ) being unprotected form side impact from fellow racers (yes it does happen ) more so down in the middle land heats

so it's is really border line if i get it still

product i like

will my bit's fit on is another matter
Old 09-23-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
okay if you can gurantee me that the E4 will take the orion or trackpower 'brick' typ Li-Po & be safe with the battery connections under the carbon top deck in racing conditions then i'll buy one before Xmas .......

but that does leave the question being the Novak GTB speedo i have (yes it's big & No i'm not buying another Make) sticking quite away out of the side of the chassis (being so narrow some what ) being unprotected form side impact from fellow racers (yes it does happen ) more so down in the middle land heats

product i like

I wouldn't worry about the gtb too much, I've seen it install in a Losi and they seem to run just fine on it's side.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY

product i like

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I wouldn't worry about the gtb too much, I've seen it install in a Losi and they seem to run just fine on it's side.
As porsche928gs says, I wouldn't worry too much about the GTB Mr. Jolly.
Looking at the layout. I think there's lots of scope for changing postions and different types of batteries that will be able to be used. Albeit, until TM does come out with some 'battery mount kit' for the bigger battery packs, we may have to do this ourselves???!!!

But either way, I think there's going to be room.

When they get here. Then we'll see.

I really like the car. I think it'll do well mainly due to it's balanced layout as someone has said already.

British Menace
Old 09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default New Dampers

Also.
It's going to have some of the best shocks I have ever seen on an RC car!!

I am assuming these are the same damper units as fitted to the Limited Edition G4.
If so. You wont find a better shock damper on the market!!

British Menace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.