Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just kidding mate
We will see it when it is ready and tested.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by YoDog
No,No, just need to wait till I'm sure it works. That's all...
I hinted that it's related to later in the season because it incorporates a fan.
I hope to have a plastic prototype by this weekend and then I will post pictures soon after.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I'm open to suggestion for parts you wish TM or K Factory would make.
I will ponder the ideas an even fab up some that seem feasible.
Some that have come up already are:

Gear diff
New chassis w/o battery cutout (change by removing top deck).
Lower bumper support plate
etc.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The chassis plate 2.25mm thickness would be a nice touch as I find the stiffer you make the chassis the more consistent the performance of the car expecially on high grip (carpet).

It would be nice to have a 3mm/2mm thick carbon piece to go over all 4 screw holes for the bulkhead / posts where the top deck attaches in the front of the car.

In the front end offer a wide front hinge pin mount to change the arm sweep for more steering on asphalt.

In the front offer a wider set of hinge pin mounts front and rear to allow making it wider by 0.25-0.75mm to reduce front end response and allow for softer front end shock feel. This is different then adding 1mm shims or using the wolf axel extensions on the car.

Last edited by Capt'N_Slow; 01-05-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
Hey guys,
I'm open to suggestion for parts you wish TM or K Factory would make.
I will ponder the ideas an even fab up some that seem feasible.
Some that have come up already are:

Gear diff
New chassis w/o battery cutout (change by removing top deck).
Lower bumper support plate
etc.
Please add upper bulkheads for both front and rear made of stronger material like preferably in Delrin.

I run a JS because I don't like the battery cutout. Perhaps you can model your non battery cutout after the JS like an all carbon version of the JS chassis and a carbon replacement of the JS battery holder.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the replies, keep em coming.

I think the most significant upgrade would be a better chassis so I will look into the costs and vendors for a new design.
Ultimately I would like to learn enough to start a new car design from the ground up but it's a very involved so I will stick to performance related upgrades for the time being.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

I wanna see a new narrower chassis with no cutouts like the original E4. With narrower chassis It gives you more steering and the car react more faster with driver steering input. I have noticed this difference Between running the original E4 from the 09' chassis. The 09' chassis suffered with a little bit of under steer.

I'm not sure if you can still get the original chassis.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Rick,

I also wanna see a symmetrical motor POD... I feel like the chassis don't have an even flex on the rear due to the motor mount side is stiffer.

I also wanna see a different motor mount that lowers the motor few millimeter for lower COG.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Rick is designing a new chassis for the E4 I can't what to see he can come out with, We got some good idea for the prototype chassis.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a few picture of my TM E4 with the prototype shock spacer that Rick designed. We have been testing this prototype part and it work really well. Again from the previous post this will move your shocks to be mounted inside and the shock tower will be move further back this will support the rear end of the body. During our test it stabilized the rear end of the car on high speed down the straight line and it gives you more rear traction and increase corner speed.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-006.jpg  
Old 01-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would be all over the new chassis! Also +1 on the upper bulkheads in a stiffer plastic.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Why not make a new bulkhead where the spacer is incorperated??
Or better yet make a bulkhead where the shocktower mounts are more to the rear??

regards Roy
Old 01-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Here is a few picture of my TM E4 with the prototype shock spacer that Rick designed. We have been testing this prototype part and it work really well. Again from the previous post this will move your shocks to be mounted inside and the shock tower will be move further back this will support the rear end of the body. During our test it stabilized the rear end of the car on high speed down the straight line and it gives you more rear traction and increase corner speed.
I ran it with spacers a few years ago it worked pretty well.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

I'll talk to Rick if their is enough interest I think he would do it to design a new rear bulkhead. But cost of material would be ally more.

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Why not make a new bulkhead where the spacer is incorperated??
Or better yet make a bulkhead where the shocktower mounts are more to the rear??

regards Roy
Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

If there would be a new rear bulkhead where the shockmount would be further back then i want one and perhaps my mate wants also one or 2.
If no new rear bulkhead would be made then i want a ally spacer kit

regards Roy

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I'll talk to Rick if their is enough interest I think he would do it to design a new rear bulkhead. But cost of material would be ally more.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the plan...
The spacer worked great and the next part I designed is a new side brace that incorporates a mount for a 30mm fan. the third part in the mix will be rear body supports that stiffen the spoiler deck to increase downforce efficiency even further.
I raced on carpet last Wednesday night and the car was the most neutral it has ever been in high bite conditions. I was able to keep up with the mod racers while running 17.5 with boost! I'm really starting to enjoy this car! I gotta tell you that I changed almost nothing from my pavement setup. I reinstalled my rear sway bars and dropped the gearing, that's it. I even ran the same tires ( Sorex 24 deg.) from the freezing Sunday before which I set fastest lap out of all classes. I will post my setup as soon as I fill out the sheet. I didn't even use sauce, it was that stuck without a hint of traction roll. I've had good days and bad days with the E4 but it's never been this good, especially going from one track to another with such an extreme difference in conditions. Kinda scary. just to give you an idea of how extreme, Sunday we ran on a parking lot treated with soda with the temps in the 40-50 deg.F, overcast after several weeks of on and off rain. (low traction and dirty) Wednesday night indoor carpet at Norcal Hobbies in Union City with great grip and a smaller configuration.

Now as far as the bulkhead redesign goes, an aluminum version is already available as stock from TM and Wolf Hobbies but I will model it up with the spacer for those who don't have the TM aluminum versions as of yet but the spacer seems to be the logical part to start with as it is much easier to machine and thus reduces the cost significantly. For now the plan is to provide a kit that will address the rear end from 3 angles. 1. the shock tower spacer 2. side brace and 3. body post deck supports. All will be aluminum but I can provide ABS plastic versions for evaluation at a much lower cost as seen on my car. I will post pictures later today.
I project that the pricing would be as follows but may change for aluminum once I get a clearer idea as to what my costs will be.

$15.00 for ABS plastic per set + shipping
$35.00 for aluminum per set + shipping

I will post estimates for the upper bulkhead once I model it up. The main problem here is that it will require a fairly large piece of raw stock to make a one piece design unless I can break it down to 2 or 3 parts screwed together.

Last edited by YoDog; 01-15-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.