Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Perhaps in the future.
I am waiting on my Tekin ESC/motor combo to arrive from the states.
Going to compare them to a LRP SPX stock spec ESC and the GM Genius ESC.
I know allready for a fact that the GM esc has more top speed even without doing all the fancy stuff to it
The LRP is just about fool proof and has a lot of grunt from the bottum up but the GM has more top speed with the same engine(GM stock spec 13.5 and 10.5).
Hopefully the Tekin combo is even faster and easier to work with the the other 2

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

I just passed from Novak GTB + Novak 13.5SS PRO to Tekin RS PRO + Tekin Redline 13.5, i went down from 70 spur + 40 pinion to 72 spur + 36 pinion (without any programming, the Tekin shows to be faster already) ...

Anyone racing rubber asphalt 13.5 with Tekin on E4 that could give me any tips ?

thanks
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I have a Regular E4RS/FS This is not the version with widened Motor Space.

Does anyone know which belts i am limited too or can i run any belt ?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got a Tekin but I am thinking about the new LRP when it comes out. So far the car has been good. All I am doing now is trying to find a good balance front and rear and making sure I don't traction roll on the very high grip carpet.

Not thinking about a LRP now! Tekin ver.203 WOW
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-dsc_0348.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-dsc_0349.jpg  

Last edited by Isaac; 01-06-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

You got problems with traction roll with your car??
Dayum i wish i had that "problem"
From the looks on your car you got the right spings on it.
I don't use a swaybar on the rear when driving indoor and use 400 Tamiya oil in the shocks or 40WT asso oil.
What you can do if permitted is put traction fluid on the whole rear tire and on the front just the inside part(to about the middle of the tire).
This will take of the "bite" of the front tires when cornering. or just use harder tires

cheers Roy

Originally Posted by Isaac
I got a Tekin but I am thinking about the new LRP when it comes out. So far the car has been good. All I am doing now is trying to find a good balance front and rear and making sure I don't traction roll on the very high grip carpet.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

I will try removing the rear sway bar as it may make the rear end more consistent. I ran 32s and it did do better with the traction rolling. I actually want to try 36s. I have 35 Associated oil in the shocks now. I already do the inside front tire deal. I always do that unless I start pushing.

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
You got problems with traction roll with your car??
Dayum i wish i had that "problem"
From the looks on your car you got the right spings on it.
I don't use a swaybar on the rear when driving indoor and use 400 Tamiya oil in the shocks or 40WT asso oil.
What you can do if permitted is put traction fluid on the whole rear tire and on the front just the inside part(to about the middle of the tire).
This will take of the "bite" of the front tires when cornering. or just use harder tires

cheers Roy
Old 12-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Try them only on the front first as the front is the one who causes the tracktion roll.
When i drive indoor i always have a harder tire at the front just to elimenate the traction roll.
On outdoor tracks it is the other way arround.
I use 30 lrp on the rear and sorex 28 on the front.
Indoor i use 28 sorex front and 24 on the rear but that is on a medium grip track.

cheers Roy

I will try removing the rear sway bar as it may make the rear end more consistent. I ran 32s and it did do better with the traction rolling. I actually want to try 36s. I have 35 Associated oil in the shocks now. I already do the inside front tire deal. I always do that unless I start pushing.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

I try to keep the same tires all the way around myself. Thanks for the information.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Man hate to do it but my indoor/tc season is done .....

need to get ready for 8th scale in the spring i have a E4 JS 2 race old chassis it was my back up ....tons of spares u could build 2 1/2 cars oneway spool 3 reg diffs sway bars 8 shocks updated rear body mounts,updated A arms,extra ceramic bearings

$300 shiped anywhere $250 lower 48

going on fleabay soon
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic E4 Thread-dsc01772.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-dsc01773.jpg  
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Interesting setup..

Will that top plate fit the old E4? I had to dremel away the old plate to get my banana plugs in and I see you have a hole? Is that a mod of your own or is it there by default?

We've moved to Turquoise front and purple rear.. that might flatten the car out for you. We run on road and I assume carpet is considered smooth.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

I would assume the top plate I have is the newest "foam spec" top plate. The hole was already there but I did enlarge it. I use Pro-Match batteries which are similar to other manufacturers. The top plate was a little close on both positive and negative and I used the dremel to trim a little to make things neat. I did not hack or take away from the top plate that much at all.

Not sure it will fit the previous version of the E4 but looking at both it looks like it will.

Why did you go up in spring rate?

Originally Posted by blis
Will that top plate fit the old E4? I had to dremel away the old plate to get my banana plugs in and I see you have a hole? Is that a mod of your own or is it there by default?

We've moved to Turquoise front and purple rear.. that might flatten the car out for you. We run on road and I assume carpet is considered smooth.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi

can anybody tell me what I have to do to make the pictures visible?

I see only this:

[img=http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1746/picsm.th.jpg]
Old 12-28-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

[IMG]picture web link[/IMG]
Old 12-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What is the max height on LiPo battery for FS/RS chassis?
Old 12-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Issac, what battery is that you are running on your car? Also are those pos and neg connectors connected to your battery? If so are they secured well? Also have you had any issues with the connectors for the battery?

Thanks,Jason.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
What is the max height on LiPo battery for FS/RS chassis?
Was wondering the same thing... A PM from the seller of the cars I just picked up told me 24mm....

Originally Posted by jscamry
Issac, what battery is that you are running on your car? Also are those pos and neg connectors connected to your battery? If so are they secured well? Also have you had any issues with the connectors for the battery?

Thanks,Jason.
I believe he has told us before that he uses Pro-Match LiPo's... I would assume this one Pro-Match LiPo

But I am also curious about the connectors.. Seems a lot more bulky then regular plugs.. Is there a reason you are using them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.