Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a big problem at my last race which I never encountered before. TRACTION ROLL. My E4 was literally standing up on two wheels and diffing out in the turns. The track is carpet and is quite seasoned with compound along the line. Tires are CS27, front springs 1.6 rear springs 1.4 with 40wt oil all around. Ride height 5.5mm, droop 5 in front, 4 in rear. Camber -1, 0 toe in front 2.5 in rear. Tire additive in rear only, Jack the Gripper.

I could not get rid of the traction roll using softer springs; 1.3 front, 1.2 rear.

What was I doing wrong? Or what was I not doing?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Traction roll et?! OK.. try this .. examine your sidewalls on your tires . If they are sepperating u need to reglue them, I like to run more camber .. more like 3 in that car as tere is a lot of play in the hubs and bearings. i bet your roll center needs adjusting too.. thats one that ive just started adjusting . As for the springs.. you need to go stiffer not softer .. and try dopping fronts with way stiffer springs in front. like 50% stiffer and only a little bit stiffeer in the front. the car is set up very soft from the get go and need a 50/40 or 60/40 oil. let me know if that works for u bro!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Hi all. I have a TM E4, the original version, and I have recently tried to fit a LiPo battery with little success. It is an intellect 3800. I see that the new cars have some modifications that seem to allow these to fit easier. The problems I have are:

- The original battery tray is scalloped in the middle creating a narrow spot that the case catches on.
- The battery case hits the rear bulkhead and will require some dremmelling.
- The original middle stiffener runs under the top deck and it does not allow the battery to fit.

Are there any "standard modifications" that make the LiPos fit, or can I buy the parts (battery tray, middle stiffener and rear bulkhead) from the newer cars and fit them to the older car?

Thanks for any advice!
Old 12-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Hi all. I have a TM E4, the original version, and I have recently tried to fit a LiPo battery with little success. It is an intellect 3800. I see that the new cars have some modifications that seem to allow these to fit easier. The problems I have are:

- The original battery tray is scalloped in the middle creating a narrow spot that the case catches on.
- The battery case hits the rear bulkhead and will require some dremmelling.
- The original middle stiffener runs under the top deck and it does not allow the battery to fit.

Are there any "standard modifications" that make the LiPos fit, or can I buy the parts (battery tray, middle stiffener and rear bulkhead) from the newer cars and fit them to the older car?

Thanks for any advice!
I modified my E4 so I could use the same battery.
1. dremel those scallops from the battery tray.
2. dremel the rear top plate support.
3. dremel the bottom of the middle brace.
4. dremel the back side of the front lay shaft housing.

Once you clear the material from those parts the battery will slide in as if it were meant to be there.

I went one step further and drilled holes into the top deck just big enough to stick the banana battery connectors into the battery (only on the negative side and the positive should be clear).
Old 12-26-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Traction roll et?! OK.. try this .. examine your sidewalls on your tires . If they are sepperating u need to reglue them, I like to run more camber .. more like 3 in that car as tere is a lot of play in the hubs and bearings. i bet your roll center needs adjusting too.. thats one that ive just started adjusting . As for the springs.. you need to go stiffer not softer .. and try dopping fronts with way stiffer springs in front. like 50% stiffer and only a little bit stiffeer in the front. the car is set up very soft from the get go and need a 50/40 or 60/40 oil. let me know if that works for u bro!
The softer springs actually did help, but not enough. It will be a while before I get back to that track. Meanwhile I restored it back to where it works just fine at my home track.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default E4 Top Speed

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
Rambolin,

I race an E4 up here in QLD and although I....

Cheers
Aaron
Dear Aaron

You are right, when we used the small twisty track the E4 was THE BEST CAR. Now on the superfast track things are different.

Dear AMGRacer

You need to add 6 spacers and you have the minus plug at 90 deg. From there on it will be obvious what to do. I used Team Orion 3800 and IP3800 Lipo with no problems. I also turned the steering mechanics upside down to maintain the steering geometry.

Regards, Rambolin
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default E4

Dear all

I thank you all for the help you offered me while I had the E4.
It now has a new home in Victoria (AUS).

Regards, Rambolin
Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

ok, do you know who you sold it to in victoria
I also race the E4 In victoria so was just interested to know who is now running it.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Victoria

Originally Posted by Hoggy
ok, do you know who you sold it to in victoria
I also race the E4 In victoria so was just interested to know who is now running it.
Dear Hoggy

I sold it to Alex. Hope he can win a view races with it...

Regards, Rambolin
Old 12-30-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

ok, i know Alex with me racing against him he wont win :P
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Location location location.. who would have thought that the aluminum servo mounts would have made that much difference !?
Old 12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

For some time now we have been working on being THE resource for Team Magic products. In addition to selling product we also have invested heavily in sponsoring drivers, events as well as development of the cars and accessory products. One of the best ways to develop a car is to get a pro driver. As most of you know our first effort into this ended badly. To make certain that this NEVER happens again we are negotiating directly with drivers instead of having them deal with the manufacturer. For several months now we have been working with one driver with amazing skill as a driver and demonstrated extensive knowledge of setup and tuning for electric and nitro powered R/C cars. With multiple national titles he has proven himself to be a member of the top tier of drivers in the sport / hobby. Wolf Hobbies is pleased to welcome Dave Ehrlich to head our team of drivers. Residents of the Northwest US also know him as the one to beat at the local events. At the recent NWIC (series) race at Timezone II against a list of well-known competitors, he won Mod Foam, 13.5 Stock Rubber and World GT proving if its radio controlled he can win with it. Dave has agreed to be our tech spokesman for the forums and will be posting setup information. His hard work in developing the E4 will help us all be more competitive. Please help us welcome him aboard.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I've already heard good things about Dave and look forward to trying his setups on my E4 and G4+Evo. Welcome!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great news. Where can i find e4rs 2009 parts. i tried wolf but they dont have.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

FYI:

We send daily emails to TM asking for the new parts. We either get soon for an answer or no answer at all. This is SOP with TM and other manufacturers. They use up all the parts on kits and it takes a while to get replacement parts. If you email us we with your request we will notify you as soon as we get a firm date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.