Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree678Likes

FWD TOURING CAR FORUM - Tamiya FF01, FF02, Yokomo YRF-2, Kyosho Mantis FF

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hit that buy button, if you had to add all of the options to the FF-03 that come standard on the Sakura FF you'll be way over $335.
Isn't that a given with Tamiya cars?

I myself own the ff-03pro, and boxstock it allready runs as a charm (well... with the exception of the plastic diff halves, they s#ck)
Old 12-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Waco
Okay, now you've got me very interested! I've got my finger hovering over the 'Buy' button & I've justified the price tag with the fact that it has all the wings & widgets included (so no expensive 'hopping up'- I've got that), but you say that they are at extreme ends; so how does it drive?
Have had the FF03 longer so more time has gone into it. The Sakura is good as well. Am playing with a few different settings on the FF (diff oil) to see how much extra drive is available out of the corners.

I am taking both cars to TITC in Thailand for the FWD class (already has 40 entries with 2 months before the event) The track in Thailand will be far grippier than what we are racing here so it will be interesting

And $335? There are better prices than that if you know where to get them
Old 12-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Isn't that a given with Tamiya cars?

I myself own the ff-03pro, and boxstock it allready runs as a charm (well... with the exception of the plastic diff halves, they s#ck)
The best diff halves are the 3 Racing ones ... they use a thicker bolt and a thicker blade
Old 12-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cannon
The best diff halves are the 3 Racing ones ... they use a thicker bolt and a thicker blade
Thanks dude.
I'll have to wait to see whether in our national TCS next year the fwd will be allowed or not.
Then the 3 racing parts would be out.

I'll keep them in mind though
Old 12-24-2010, 03:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Thanks dude.
I'll have to wait to see whether in our national TCS next year the fwd will be allowed or not.
Then the 3 racing parts would be out.

I'll keep them in mind though
They look the same
Old 12-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cannon
Have had the FF03 longer so more time has gone into it. The Sakura is good as well. Am playing with a few different settings on the FF (diff oil) to see how much extra drive is available out of the corners.

I am taking both cars to TITC in Thailand for the FWD class (already has 40 entries with 2 months before the event) The track in Thailand will be far grippier than what we are racing here so it will be interesting

And $335? There are better prices than that if you know where to get them
Thanks for the responses, I have to say, I'm already sold on it, it's just finding the right price & postage really
Old 12-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks for the responses, I have to say, I'm already sold on it, it's just finding the right price & postage really

Best I could do is $US350 standard airmail or $US370 Express. Our postage is bad to overseas
Old 12-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Yokomo YR-F2 Plate Chassis

To anyone that may be interested, I have put my Yokomo YR-F2 up for sale on Ebay. It is a rolling chassis (no electronics). Have a look if you're interested.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

guys,

does anybody have a good tarmac (not parking lot racing) setup for the Tamiya FF-02.

i just need a good baseline setup to start with. like ride heights, damper settings, stuff like that.

thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
guys,

does anybody have a good tarmac (not parking lot racing) setup for the Tamiya FF-02.

i just need a good baseline setup to start with. like ride heights, damper settings, stuff like that.

thanks in advance
Hi Tommi, I raced the FF02 a very long time ago in the Eurocup & we had to run it pretty much stock. Although we were allowed oil filled shocks with a set height which made the wishbone arms level (oil I used was 40 weight) & I did alright & even beat some TL01s which were then mixed into the class...

I'm sorry that I don't have much, other than that, but it may help
Old 01-11-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Tommi, I raced the FF02 a very long time ago in the Eurocup & we had to run it pretty much stock. Although we were allowed oil filled shocks with a set height which made the wishbone arms level (oil I used was 40 weight) & I did alright & even beat some TL01s which were then mixed into the class...

I'm sorry that I don't have much, other than that, but it may help
its a start Waco. thanks very much for the info. now i know where to set my baseline.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
its a start Waco. thanks very much for the info. now i know where to set my baseline.
You're gonna wanna limit front droop to 0 on that thing. Helps limit wheelspin, and believe me the ff02 needs it.

Try running a harder rear spring rate too.

After that just work with setting ride height like Waco said.

My 2cents!
Old 01-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

just one more question...

on its maximum gearing (20T pinion / stock gears), will the FF-02 keep up with a Tamiya FF-03 assuming motor, batteries, and ESC's are identical?

if not, will using a 3Racing speed tuned gear set with the largest allowable pinion work to close the gap?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

No I don't think the 20 will get you close enough with the standard gear set, the 3Racing speed tuned gear set will definitely help too. Apparently there is also a mod you can do to the chassis which allows you to use up to a 24 tooth pinion with the standard gear set.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skitee
No I don't think the 20 will get you close enough with the standard gear set, the 3Racing speed tuned gear set will definitely help too. Apparently there is also a mod you can do to the chassis which allows you to use up to a 24 tooth pinion with the standard gear set.
thanks for the info bro. do you have a link to the tip on how to mod the chassis for the 24t pinion?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.