Wiki Posts
Search

2003 ROAR Paved On-Road Electric Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kilruf,

Nice meeting you all, and yes, we made it back okay.

Congrats to all the winners! Other than that, I don't have much to say about the Nats. Sorry guys.

Steve Wang
Old 06-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=89

that is a link to discuss anything you will ever need to with roar. roar has answered every question asked on this forum. s grid is junk!

Old 06-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well I'll put my foot in the fire. I was there as Non-ROAR official.I've read all the stuff about the rules and what if's. I also saw what if we did the qual points like last year. The overall effect was the same guys in the mains. There was only 4 positon changes in the mains overall. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.
Secondly look in the rule book it explains exactly what help is needed to run the different races(Including a nationals).
It's not ROAR's job to furnish people to work the event. It's up to the host.The ROAR official was working in the tech area(friday-Sunday).
I basically watched alot to see what was going on and I also making some suggestions.That's why I only ran one class. I also know what's involved in organizing a national and hosting it.Been there and done that.Trying to please everyone - impossible. Trying to get everything done the best way we can is what was done.Don did a good job and it was better that I thought it would be.Just so you and everyone out there knows who I am- Remember the guy with the orange pit helmet and the dog that won in the 1/12th masters class. Wait till you get this old and there is absolutely no mention anywhere of what you did.I had a fun time saw the sites trying to find the OutBack for two hours and we gave up. Only to find out we were about two miles away.
If you guys want to change ROAR fine write the suggestion down and send them to me or Rick Wilson the President.
Bill Fraden Region 4 director
Old 06-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It is too bad that when you go to a National Event and do your best in qualifying in every round with a 3rd, 3rd, 4th, and a 4th overall for each round and still be TQ of the B main.

I don't know what kind of notice Don got on when he was going to host the Nationals this year. You would have to think he might have tried using some of the body rules and some of the other tech rules at the club races to see how they worked.

Thanks
Steve Chamberlain
Old 06-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The only question I have is how did the tires hold up?
Old 06-30-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

PUCHY YOU GOT MAIL!

FOR ALL YOU R/C NEEDS GO TO SUPERIORT HOBBIES
ENGLISH OWNED AND OPERATED! LOL
Old 06-30-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

alright maybe I have two questions, did corally run their assassin in TC stock?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

yes on the assasin and i believe most liked the new tires. i didnt however ask anyone about how they held up.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

maybe I was mistaken but I didn't think the Assassin was available yet. Is it out now?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

those were team drivers using the new soon to be released assasins. trick looking car with alot of goodies included in the box! call superior hobbies for all your corally needs. robby is the us importer for corally..he will get you hooked up..
Old 06-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

so those team drivers were running the soon to be released Assassin in stock TC? What I'm getting at is a car and parts have to be readily available 14 days prior to a Nationals to be run in the stock class. Remember back at the 2001 onroad nats when the losi guys couldn't run the oneways in stock because they weren't available yet?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
PUCHY YOU GOT MAIL!

FOR ALL YOU R/C NEEDS GO TO SUPERIORT HOBBIES
ENGLISH OWNED AND OPERATED! LOL
HEY! why don't you come out and talk in person and stop hiding behing your keayboard. You know where to find me. Or any of my other "non english speaking friends"
Old 06-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

are you trying to say that roar did not inforce the rules? lol i know mike still had the older corally so maybe he had to use it? my question is this..if you know it was ilegal to use the assasin why would you think they used it? would noone notice? lol or were you hoping they allowed it to run anyway?

pucho in order to keep the thread on topic i was trying to use the email system as a courtesy to others on here. calling me names like a 3 year old i'm sure is not what we all need to read? i would hope you show the same courtesy and send me a email or something? try to act like an adult please..

now back to nats talk..........

Last edited by UCHEATULOSE; 06-30-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Matt.....dont forget this was a ROAR race and just about anything is going to happen and it looks like it did. Way to go ROAR Im so glad Im a member of this cluster****. I just want to know what happened to the days when the ROAR Prez went to all the National races?

I remember at the Ripon ROAR nats the TC3 could not be raced in stock b/c of the same reason it was not available to everyone....Associated tried too but were denied.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

that's why I was asking about the assassin. I heard that it was being run in stock TC but I wasn't there myself to see it. I also heard from many sources that tech was very lax. Before I was going to start accusing anyone of cheating I was trying to find out the facts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.