Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 28C High Performance 4000mAh - 5000mAh Hardcase Lipos

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cant see why any one would need more than 2 li-po packs. but as far as getting better .. being able to practice more makes better drivers. if you keep crashing and cant go 5 mins w/o messing up.. try making the car slower for a while and get more acquainted with the line .. rather than seeing how fast your car can go.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

I only need 4 since I have 4 cars 2 for carpet and 2 for asphalt...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I cant see why any one would need more than 2 li-po packs.
It's a mental thing... after years of running with nickel packs it's hard to re-train the brain. Must-have-more-packs... practice packs... race packs... fresh packs for big races....
Old 02-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hard shell

Is there anything preventing manufactues or Lipo assemblers from simply putting a cheap plastic shell around there current designs?

Am I correct that there is nothing unique about the cells inside of the hard shells produced by Team Orion, Peak SMC etc?

Also is there any way to tech what is actually inside the shell, the shells are sealed correct?
Old 02-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imjonah
Is there anything preventing manufactues or Lipo assemblers from simply putting a cheap plastic shell around there current designs?

nope... just needs to be physically able to fit in a proper size case/shell

Am I correct that there is nothing unique about the cells inside of the hard shells produced by Team Orion, Peak SMC etc?

Nothing unique... as in different from a non-hardcase pack. But of course cells may differ between mfgs. regardless of how it's packaged.

Also is there any way to tech what is actually inside the shell, the shells are sealed correct?

As far as I know... there are no rules other than passing ROAR's tests.
btw, any updates on a release date?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SMC 4k/5k JRXSR

Hey Danny,
I presume you're still sleeping off the 'Birds. When you wake up I'm still wondering about the fit for the Type R. If you need a guinea pig I'd be more than happy to.... Also if they do fit I'm very curious about release date too. I tried the Orion 3600 25c and it didn't really fit and also seemed flat compared to the 3200 so I'm still looking for an edge
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Danny,
I'm not sure if this questions was asked but: Has SMC submitted this new lipo pack for ROAR approval? If so, are you expecting it to be legal and available for the ROAR Carpet Nats in March?

thanks
Favian Vega
Old 02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thugs Bunny
Hey Danny,
I presume you're still sleeping off the 'Birds. When you wake up I'm still wondering about the fit for the Type R. If you need a guinea pig I'd be more than happy to.... Also if they do fit I'm very curious about release date too. I tried the Orion 3600 25c and it didn't really fit and also seemed flat compared to the 3200 so I'm still looking for an edge
Our 4000 should fit where the Orion 3200 fits as it's only 20mm high. You should notice a good power increase with our 4000 as it has higher average voltage and lower IR.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Sigearhead
Danny,
I'm not sure if this questions was asked but: Has SMC submitted this new lipo pack for ROAR approval? If so, are you expecting it to be legal and available for the ROAR Carpet Nats in March?

thanks
Favian Vega
Were waiting for our production shipment to arrive then we will submit them to ROAR.

As soon as I have a release date I will post it.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

Danny, Any word on saddlepacks? I'd prefer to use one of yours than maxamps, since yours are true hardcased li-pos, not a piece of lexan with shrinkwrap covering it.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Company Representative

Were planning on doing a saddle pack but it may take awhile.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to say thanks to Danny and SMC for the support at the Birds. The new 28c 5000 packs rock and helped me win my second Birds in a row.

Big thanks for all you have done for myself and the R/C industry.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Adept

New to LIPO.

Just a few questions:

1. If I race LIPO for normal race like 5 miniutes, can I recharge the same pack immediately for the next heats, say 3 qualifying heats & the finals?

2. Do we need to discharge the LIPO before next charging?

3. Anybody have chasis balance problems since it is lighter than the normal 6cells? Any new weight rules for running the LIPO or still 1500g?

Tks.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would like to say something as I have just about read the entire thread on this, I still need to check out the 2nd part of this SMC thread.

But please try and listen to me on this subject as some of you know, and you know who you are. For years and years, Pro racers have found trick, taps, and ways to improve the advantage scale in racing. Its a fact and weather you believe this to be a bad thing or a good thing its evident.

If you have just recently entered into the racing scene, either you havent opened your eyes to the reality that you can alter any part of your RC in order to benifit, The trick is to not get caught. Yes, its not legal! Yes we shouldnt condone it! But can it be stopped? I highly doubt it. Even in NASCAR they still cheat, and if you dont believe that then you should just get out of racing all together and belive that baseball still doesnt use assitance drugs to win games.

I highly believe the points that were made about the overcharging issue wasnt to encourage people to try it. Its more on the level of an Asthma patient should exceed more than 2 puffs in an hour or adverse effects MIGHT happen. The warnings are there as a safty precaution and they are exceeded from what the true levels of charging actually are. Why? so we dont bring a higher risk to ourselves. No where do I get the influance that SMC is encouraging the higher charge levels, I would take this as SMC is doing what more companies should do. Advice the public who is the main consumer of what has been happening in RC when Lipo's are concerned. Take it as a lesson what to look for in an uneven playing field.

I dont agree with it myself and ROAR is obviously trying to make issues go away, But I think that all the RC battery involved companies see that if this can not be tamed to level field. Lipo's may find themselves out of races and NiMH's will be the only way!

It's a far cry from the truth, But it can happen. I would be willing to bet every motor I have modded on it.

J.M.O. Not trying to start a war over it. Just trying to explain this as insider looking out.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Silly me, I thought this was the part 2 thread. Post moved to part 2.

Last edited by trilerian; 03-14-2008 at 10:50 AM. Reason: post moved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.