Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
ROAR stock class winner out of stock for 5 years... >

ROAR stock class winner out of stock for 5 years...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR stock class winner out of stock for 5 years...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Brad Johnson. Because he is P-I-M-P.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I wonder if any of the "odds on favorites" will chime in on their thoughts

Miller Tyme, shoot for the stars brother
Old 01-16-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by convikt
I wonder if any of the "odds on favorites" will chime in on their thoughts

Miller Tyme, shoot for the stars brother
Stars? Hell I can't even see the stars from my main. Maybe the treetops. Unless ALL the others are afraid of being banned, I suppose I'll take the sacrificial 1st place
Old 01-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin lessard
cant wait to see 10 guys discussing who will cross the line first
The Talk on the drivers stand:

You go....... naw you go.... no thanks you go....... dang my battery dumping........... I think I'm broke........ Something is in my eye.......... I'm glitching......
Old 01-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chill_Will

You go....... naw you go.... no thanks you go....... dang my battery dumping........... I think I'm broke........ Something is in my eye.......... I'm glitching......
Old 01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

don't forget my transmitter battery died

my motor moved

i hung a brush

my hall effect sensor died

I THERMALED (my personal new favorite)
Old 01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
don't forget my transmitter battery died

my motor moved

i hung a brush

my hall effect sensor died

I THERMALED (my personal new favorite)
Old 01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chill_Will

Body Tuck!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

There are some really fast guys that run stock. The way I see it is, you go to the Nationals to run the best of the best and that is the way it should be.If you dont want to run with Cuffs, Mo Denton , Craig X , and many more, then maybe you should stay at you local track for some more track time and practice, on your setup and driving skills. Racing is a challenge, to learn setup and develop good driving skills, The fast stock guys are fast because of there knowledge and there driving ability. I have made the A main at a Regional and fast guys were there. I felt great about my finish because I had no one helping me out, only me , myself , and I. I felt my hard work paid off.
I feel the bottom line is if you go to the Nationals bring your A game, because you are running the best and that is the way it should be. Making the A main at a National with Cuffs, and many others would mean more to me than winning a National, racing Cotton Bob and Wang Choe Willie. If you dont want to or cant run with the Big Dogs at a National then stay on the porch.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe better yet, instead of banning the winner for five years lets ban the whole A main for two years. Any one of the a main guys can win it, and think of the big turn over of new faces in the A Main the next year. This dosent sound like a good idea and neither does the new rule.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BigTrucks
Maybe better yet, instead of banning the winner for five years lets ban the whole A main for two years. Any one of the a main guys can win it, and think of the big turn over of new faces in the A Main the next year. This dosent sound like a good idea and neither does the new rule.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe better yet, instead of banning the winner for five years lets ban the whole A main for two years. Any one of the a main guys can win it, and think of the big turn over of new faces in the A Main the next year. This dosent sound like a good idea and neither does the new rule. In my first post I forgot to add Dan Hartman , Justin Lessard , Brandon Melton , Athony Saunders and the list goes on and on.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

I enjoy racing against all the big name stock racers. I see them as a bench mark for the level I need/want to be at. If I didn't get to race against them, I would probably never get anywhere near their level. I've learned a lot over the last 2 years racing against Cuffs, Schreffler, and Xavier as well as the many others who are fast stock racers. Sure I can learn a little from modified drivers, but their setups and some of the changes they might suggest don't relate to how my stock car reacts entering or exiting a corner because they enter the corner at a much higher speed, and (especially now with BL) exit with way more power.

Anyway, just as Big Trucks just said, it would mean a lot more to me to run with or out run the big name guys than to complain that they race stock, have them moved to mod, and have nobody to really learn off of. Really, no matter what you do there is always going to be someone in stock that is on a higher level.

I have mixed feelings on this rule. I think it can be a good thing, but 5 years is excessive IMO. IF ROAR does go with a rule like this, I'd like to see it be reduced to a year or two. 5 years is a long time.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It should be a great honor to win a stock National and move up in the ranks...

those that win open modified at the Reedy Race get to run the invite class the next year...

mad props to those who have moved up on their own lately...Drew Ellis for example..

I bet we will be seeing more of this soon...and it will be good for r/c racing..
Old 01-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Drew is listed in stock on the Snowbirds website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.