Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
Paul check your regular email.
Oh sorry bowser, did i get back to you? Ive been a flake lately. or just call me.

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Tim,

Last year with a DUO I ran middle hole timing and rolled out around a 48-50mm in 4 cell. That was before the SPX speedo's and timing advance. I have not ran 10.5 this year with the newer speedo's or 1S.

Just a guess but with 1S and the timing advance now I would start around that same rollout with profile7 on the SPX.

Thanks
EA
Thanks EA!.

Originally Posted by Dane
Hey Paul,

Do you have any suggestions or techniques to build driving consistency? I am at the stage of being able to drive without crashing but I am still developing the best lines to get around the track. My car feels drivable in that it doesn't have too much steering but enough to get around fairly well.

If you have time, here is the result from my best round last night. I am car number 5.

http://track.nexusracing.com/dirLIST...nd_3/h4r3.html

And the track..
http://track.nexusracing.com/pictures.html

P.S. - How is your son? It's been awhile since his birth - he must be getting big!
Hi. Thanks, Chase is doing really good. he loves Rc and cars in general, he is three now.
This is the easy way out but i beleive that it is all about practice and specifically as often as possible. I really beleive that if you raced once a week for a year or raced 52 days in a row you would be a better driver at the end of 52 days. at the end of 52 weeks you would be a better set up guy. the only other piece of advice that i have is to practice with a car that is too fast for you and train yourself to go slower and under control with a fast car, this way you are being forced to fluxuate your trigger and wheel much more to stay on line. this might teach you to beable to adjust your line. when i drive i am normally close to the line but that is only because as i am about to go off line i am able to correct my mistake before it couses me to be off line. thats what i think, Thanks.

Originally Posted by got2bqik
OK ran the 1/12 today. Started with 35/78 gearing 45mm tires stock can timing 22.5 degrees in the esc start up turned all the way up. Car was soso top speed motor was stone cold. Jumped up to a 38T pinion and still cold motor. Put a 40T on and it thermaled the esc after about 3 minutes. I used the 16ga TQ wires from esc to motor, and I pretty sure thats my problem. Not getting the juice to the motor. Car had a ton of punch if I touched the wall under acceleration it would wheelie like my 1/8 nitro car.
Paul sorry not trying to jack your thread.
Are you coming to the Nats at Mimi's?? I'm planning for me and my son to go, He's running the 007 in 17.5 rubber tire and I'll run 1/12 something. Hopefully get a chance to meet you face to face.
Tim
Dont worry, Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Hey Paulie!! Lookin' forward to catching up with you at the Champs next week Bro. Hope all is well with the fam.

yea man, You too. see ya in a bit!!
Old 11-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got2bqik
OK ran the 1/12 today. Started with 35/78 gearing 45mm tires stock can timing 22.5 degrees in the esc start up turned all the way up. Car was soso top speed motor was stone cold. Jumped up to a 38T pinion and still cold motor. Put a 40T on and it thermaled the esc after about 3 minutes. I used the 16ga TQ wires from esc to motor, and I pretty sure thats my problem. Not getting the juice to the motor. Car had a ton of punch if I touched the wall under acceleration it would wheelie like my 1/8 nitro car.
Paul sorry not trying to jack your thread.
Are you coming to the Nats at Mimi's?? I'm planning for me and my son to go, He's running the 007 in 17.5 rubber tire and I'll run 1/12 something. Hopefully get a chance to meet you face to face.
Tim
The 40 was probably to much. Thats about what I ran with 13.5 this past weekend on profile 8 of the speedo. The 16 guage wire is a little small for 10.5. You can probably feel the wires after a run and they will be hot. Ive felt this before as well.

EA
Old 11-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Hi. Thanks, Chase is doing really good. he loves Rc and cars in general, he is three now.
This is the easy way out but i beleive that it is all about practice and specifically as often as possible. I really beleive that if you raced once a week for a year or raced 52 days in a row you would be a better driver at the end of 52 days. at the end of 52 weeks you would be a better set up guy. the only other piece of advice that i have is to practice with a car that is too fast for you and train yourself to go slower and under control with a fast car, this way you are being forced to fluxuate your trigger and wheel much more to stay on line. this might teach you to beable to adjust your line. when i drive i am normally close to the line but that is only because as i am about to go off line i am able to correct my mistake before it couses me to be off line. thats what i think, Thanks.
By too fast do you mean a car that tends to oversteer or running with a faster motor?

Thanks for the advice - you've given me some encouragement to keep going hard.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

when i drive i am normally close to the line but that is only because as i am about to go off line i am able to correct my mistake before it couses me to be off line.
key.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

hey Paul how do you like the new Nemesis motor
Old 11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by Dane
By too fast do you mean a car that tends to oversteer or running with a faster motor?

Thanks for the advice - you've given me some encouragement to keep going hard.
By too fast i mean a car that has more power than is possible to put down, I use a 4.5 or 5turn with a 7.4v lipo and rubber tires, its WAY too fast but it causes you to constantly be doing a little something different to get around each lap. when I run 17.5 (motor testing) I basicly do the same thing each lap so it is really iether totally on or totally off the throttle and steer, with mod the variations of throttle and wheel is endless to keep things going smoothly so you will really have to learn car control.

I think Mod rubber is really cool now and by far the most cost effective class, no need for special speedo, a 5, 6 or 7turn geared moderately will last Forever. as your battery gets old and your magnet weak, who cares it was way too fast to begin with. LOL

Originally Posted by TRXRACER99
hey Paul how do you like the new Nemesis motor
The pre production samples that i got were really good. so i have my fingers crossed that it was duplicated properly.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2009, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Damper grease

Hey Paul,
I race my XII on asphalt and its pretty dusty. I find that if I dont replace the grease in my damper disc the car is like eratic on my next run...
I use the standard xray diff grease and some shock oil 350 or 450cst.
After my 8minutes run its like nothing left in the damper disk...
How often do you grease yours.? And is it and alternative for the diff grease.
How much do you put in?
I tried different grease but cant get one as thin and soft as the Xray diff grease, with thicker grease my rear pod doesnt react the same.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by ds400
Hey Paul,
I race my XII on asphalt and its pretty dusty. I find that if I dont replace the grease in my damper disc the car is like eratic on my next run...
I use the standard xray diff grease and some shock oil 350 or 450cst.
After my 8minutes run its like nothing left in the damper disk...
How often do you grease yours.? And is it and alternative for the diff grease.
How much do you put in?
I tried different grease but cant get one as thin and soft as the Xray diff grease, with thicker grease my rear pod doesnt react the same.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, i always did replace my lube after every run. like you said thicker grease would stay on their better but that is not the best for asphalt atall. Honestly i dont have any suggestions as to what to do, I think i used 700cst on mine when i ran the car on asphalt but that wont help. My ONLY idea (MOST LIKELY NOT A GOOD ONE ) would be to place teflon tape on both sides of the graphite and the plastic. I dont think that this will help keep lube but maybe you could stretch the springs and run it dry?. But i would lube it every run. Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Paul, YGPM...

Snowy.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Paul do you have any experience with the WGT car? Also im in your area so im gonna come borrow car to run at minnreg next weekend till the next batch of T3s come in LOL
Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
Paul do you have any experience with the WGT car? Also im in your area so im gonna come borrow car to run at minnreg next weekend till the next batch of T3s come in LOL
Hi, I have limited experience for i have never run a big event in WGT, I have built and driven one though. I live in WI, You are up here?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

pl - thank you for letting me hold your tea at the premiere. i hope you don't mind that i had my picture taken with it.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

By too fast i mean a car that has more power than is possible to put down, I use a 4.5 or 5turn with a 7.4v lipo and rubber tires, its WAY too fast but it causes you to constantly be doing a little something different to get around each lap.
Looks like I finally found the justification I needed to run some mod.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi, I have limited experience for i have never run a big event in WGT, I have built and driven one though. I live in WI, You are up here?
yeah had to leave epic for a Li whime nd went back to trucking. On my way to Green Bay then back down to Milwaukee later today. Btw this is Lee. Is the WGT car an easy build nd should I just do it by the book?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by seaball
pl - thank you for letting me hold your tea at the premiere. i hope you don't mind that i had my picture taken with it.
Chris . The tea was mearly metaphoric matter. the next step will come with much greater responsibility and care.

Originally Posted by rcterp
Looks like I finally found the justification I needed to run some mod.
))

Originally Posted by thisguy2849
yeah had to leave epic for a Li whime nd went back to trucking. On my way to Green Bay then back down to Milwaukee later today. Btw this is Lee. Is the WGT car an easy build nd should I just do it by the book?
Cool, drive safe. trackside is open tonite but its off road racing.

its pretty easy to build but i would still follow the instructions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.