Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghuber
Paul,

Did you run the new IB4600s at the Reedy or did you use EP's? There are *rumors* that the Trinity drivers were running the EPs. Want to know the real deal, and hear your feedback on the cells.
Here is a picture with looks like blue cells in Paul's car.

http://edseb.smugmug.com/gallery/505...TpL2#303759454

In Ralph Burch's pit he has some IB's charging.

http://edseb.smugmug.com/gallery/505...TpL2#303765750

Last edited by dodgeguy; 05-30-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

Is there any further news on when the mystery stock motors will appear on the ROAR approved list. We have a title event coming up in a month and would like to run it but it needs to be on the approved list to do so.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Paul what wing are you running on ur mazda 6 at Reedy Race?
Thanks
Cheston
Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Flex

Hi Paul
Nice racing at the reedy. It looked so close between everyone. Your best times didnt seem to do justice to where you ended up.
Hey do you use the chassis flex adjustment screws in the xray like the manual says.
Almost all the xrays I see have got all the screws in the bottom of the chassis and the guys have adjusted the flex through the top deck. The T2 setup book shows the rear bulkhead held on by only 2 screws in the rear for the soft setting. (I doubt anyone has done that) And the 008 setting different again with 11 screws for the soft setting.
Also what are the short bones for? I can only think of when your running a very narrow front end (less than 1.5 spacer each side) with the front one way. Is that something guys were doing on asphalt.

Oh also can you put your setup for reedy up on the xray site?
Old 05-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Rookie

hey Paul i am thinking of building an indoor carpet track, what in your professional opinion would be the maximum dimension, i was thinking 60 x 120 feet, am in the early stages of planing( very early ) and would value your opinion. thx
Old 06-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Gravity RC

Ghuber: we all ran the new IB's, I think that they are very good. Jay Filipow ran them in 19t against alot of Lipo stuff and he seemed to be as fast as anybody. The labels are the best that we have ever seen and they run that way on the track.

Dogeguy: Thanks for the pics.

B4james: I was under the impression that it should have been approved by now, But i could be wrong. i will look in to it and post more later. Thanks

ChestyV32: Hi, I ran the standard Mazda 6 wing, maybe it looked weird because of the side dams.

Lees52: The reedy was ok, I think that i ended up about where i deserved to be, maybe i could have finished a few spots better.
I do use the chassis flex screws, i almost always run all of the top deck screws. sometimes i dont use the screw in front of the motor on the motor mount and sometimes i dont use the two front bulk head screws that are farthest from the bumper.
I dont Know for sure but here is what i think, The short dog bones will change the handling of the car, the car should react faster with the short dog bones, long dog bones should be a little smoother and maybe not change direction as fast. I dont think that one or the other will make or break the cars set-up or lap times but changing the bones will change the way that the car drives. I ran 1.5 all the way around behind the front pins at reedy. and yes, I will get my reedy set up on their. Thanks

Butheadtrucker: yea i think that you are pretty close, my favorite size track would be a little shorter and a little wider, maybe like 70/110. but either way you would have a great size track.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Hey Paul, I was just looking at your Reedy set-up and the way I see it you were running the least amount of ackerman possible. Could you explain how that works with a spool ?
Thanks for your time.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Paul L
Lees52: The reedy was ok, I think that i ended up about where i deserved to be, maybe i could have finished a few spots better.
I do use the chassis flex screws, i almost always run all of the top deck screws. sometimes i dont use the screw in front of the motor on the motor mount and sometimes i dont use the two front bulk head screws that are farthest from the bumper.
I dont Know for sure but here is what i think, The short dog bones will change the handling of the car, the car should react faster with the short dog bones, long dog bones should be a little smoother and maybe not change direction as fast. I dont think that one or the other will make or break the cars set-up or lap times but changing the bones will change the way that the car drives. I ran 1.5 all the way around behind the front pins at reedy. and yes, I will get my reedy set up on their. Thanks
Paul. Cheers for the setup.
That one motor mount screw makes the flex uneven I reckon. Yr setup looks not far off standard. Ive been moving towards the same springs all round and changing the bars and top link roll centers. Seems to be more consistent and balanced front to rear.
Hey whats your opinion on the 5,6 cell? If you had a choice what would you use 6 cell 1500g weight or 5 cell 1420g.
I think 5 cell is hard on the cells and reduces their life as your pulling more current from em to get the same power output. (so shortens life) And maybe not soo good for racing at a club level where guys would prefer their packs to perform for a couple of months.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghuber
Paul,

Did you run the new IB4600s at the Reedy or did you use EP's? There are *rumors* that the Trinity drivers were running the EPs. Want to know the real deal, and hear your feedback on the cells.
Ghuber- I am obviously not Paul, but I ran the IB4600s in Spec 13.5 at the Reedy. I thought the cells were very good and never felt like I was lacking HP at any point during the weekend. I didn't see any EP cells in our pits at any point...
Old 06-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lees52
I think 5 cell is hard on the cells and reduces their life as your pulling more current from em to get the same power output. (so shortens life) And maybe not soo good for racing at a club level where guys would prefer their packs to perform for a couple of months.
Uh, couple of months? And we wonder why touring car racing is in trouble. $300 worth of batteries to get you through "a couple of months" is not acceptable. Viva lipos.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah I agree. When I said a couple of months im guessing.
I tried 5 cells recently at club days it cooked my packs I didnt make time and now they are stuffed. But that could be due to different reasons. Age etc. I probably should have asked how long would you expect to get good performance from a 5 cell pack assumming you looked after it as you are meant too before the capacity and voltage drops of significantly which NiMh seem to do.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:43 AM
Gravity RC

hi everyone, Im on my way to the Capitol classic (nitro tc)
Ill have to catch up with everyone when I get home.
I accually did this on my phone, but it wasn't easy. Keep it going and I'll reply after the race. Thanks, Paul
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Paul- Good luck at the Classic and see ya in Arkansas!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
I accually did this on my phone, but it wasn't easy.Thanks, Paul
Wow and only six months ago you used a computer for the first time....LOL
Old 06-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Paul L. you got pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.