R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Need help with a Novak Dually (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/19454-need-help-novak-dually.html)

aviaar 06-07-2003 01:17 PM

Need help with a Novak Dually

How do you replace the wires on a Novak Dually? Mine are too short, so I need to replace them with longer wire.

rclab1 09-13-2003 03:02 PM

Novak Dually and KoPropo Mars-R

hello, i have the Dually in stock profile setting....

how do i dial in the Drag Brake setting?

On my Transmitter (Mars-R) and ESC?

please help

patcollins 09-13-2003 03:17 PM

You can open it up and replace the wires.....you need to be pretty good at soldering.

As for setting the drag brake what you need to do is set the trim on the throttle back a little at a time until you get the feel you want, but after doing this make sure it still achieves full throttle.

One way you can ensure this is by resetting the ESC after you have set your throttle max to say 90%, then set you trim back a little at a time while coorespondingly bumping up the.

fatdoggy 09-13-2003 03:41 PM

You could also set the trim back to the desired drag brake and then set the throttle epa accordingly(over 100%, amount over is the amount you set the trim back for your drag brake) to make sure you still achieve full throttle. Basically what patcollins said without having to mess with your esc.

sean 09-13-2003 04:44 PM

Originally posted by patcollins
You can open it up and replace the wires.....you need to be pretty good at soldering.

As for setting the drag brake what you need to do is set the trim on the throttle back a little at a time until you get the feel you want, but after doing this make sure it still achieves full throttle.

One way you can ensure this is by resetting the ESC after you have set your throttle max to say 90%, then set you trim back a little at a time while coorespondingly bumping up the.

i dont know man i just opened up my Dually, and i dont think it was meant to be user servicable. its really tight. i can can do some nice clean soldering, but i dont think i would attempt that one. but you should contact Novak-they offer those services for very reasonable rates and they are pretty quick too.

patcollins 09-13-2003 04:57 PM

Your right, its not really ment to be opened up and serviced by the user but it isnt that hard. I learned to do it a while back because to rewire a Super Rooster they wanted to charge me the cost of a non-warrenty repair which was way too expensive for a simple rewire job.

If you decide to do it you may want to try replacing the black and blue wires with heavier 12 gage wire....the red wire should only be used to power the radio system and it can even be an 18 gage wire with no losses (put a heavy 12 gage red wire directly from the battery to the motor and tap off that).

rclab1 09-13-2003 05:32 PM

KoProp Mars-R with Dually

hello, thanks for the reply,,,,,

there is a ET #4 (electric trim #4) on my
Mars -R radio,,,,,,can i just use that and
not touch my Throttle setting on the radio?

because the ET #4 says ""Brake Pos Brak 150""......

please help,,,,,
this Radio is suppose to be top of the line,,,,
isn't there a function on it specifically for Drag Brake
so i wont have to worry about the other settings?

please support your input/experience.....

thanks very much:)

patcollins 09-13-2003 05:51 PM

That wont work, what that setting does is adjusts how far past neutral on your transmitter that it will go so that you can dial brake out. What you need to do to create drag brake is shift the range so neutral on your transmitter is brake on your ESC, there is no other way unless your ESC has a drag brake on/off setting. I dont think the dually does.

rclab1 09-13-2003 06:01 PM

drag brake

your right, the Dually doesn't have any drag brake setting....

I would like to know, exactly, if you can help me is
that,,,,HOW do i set the neutral at 90%
and then adjust the drag brake when i'm running the car?

please help as the Mars-R radio is very complicated.....

I'm on Level #1 on the radio settings......

your experience is very much appreciated....

this forum is very helpful

patcollins 09-13-2003 06:19 PM

Sorry I dont know anything about the Mars specifically.

Isnt the book for the Mars over 100 pages?

rclab1 09-14-2003 12:36 AM

dually?

so do you think i should spend the ext 40 dollars
on the drag brake feature on the novak GT7 or
the LRP's.....

let me knlw

thanks

patcollins 09-14-2003 05:39 AM

Not right now, learn your radio in and out....thats one of the most important things you can do.

If you race stock you want to learn to add in roll or as some call it anti drag brake. There are also a tone of other things that can come in useful on your radio, you can slow down fast servos, make the return slower than the transit (very useful on slick tracks), you can even slow down the throttle curve if its really slick and you can take away brakes if max brakes are too much (sometimes its hard to control on your own)

rclab1 09-14-2003 05:48 AM

drag brake on KoPropo Mars-R radio???

does anyone have this radiO?

KoPropo Mars-R

I really need input b/c I still do not know
how to dial in DRAG Brake Setting!!!!!

My Novak Dually does not have this so
is there a Knob on the TRAnsmitter to do this?

It seems like no one has this radio but me????:confused:
:confused:

please i still do not understand the Lingo
on the instruction manaul, it is almost
literally 100 pages long and there is no
word on "DRAG BRAKE" setting??????

unless there is another name for it......
i'm not aware of the other term for
Drag Brake in KoPropo Lingo......

can anyone Help, or does anyone have
this Radio:confused: :cry: :confused:

patcollins 09-14-2003 06:42 AM

I've told you how to do it above, no the radio manual will not use the term drag brake. Play arround with it, thats how I learned to do it before drag brake was in any ESC. Once you get past how to use your radio you will be like "doh!"

Do you have an email address I have something to send you that may help.

Evoracer 09-14-2003 09:27 AM

I have an EX-1 Limited but I've never used it. My Multiplex is so much easier. But.........I'm pretty sure you're getting confused with terminology.
Drag brake is a Throttle function. The radio should show 2 measures of "Endpoint adjustment" or EPA. There should be a + when you pull the trigger and a - when you push the trigger for braking. Each direction can be adjusted. So when you pull the trigger you should be adjusting it for maximum throttle(obviously) but when you adjust for total braking, if you want less just program in a lower number(if you have a one way,the number will be very low), If you want more braking action,dial in a higher number. Some radios read up to 100% while others may go to 125%.
Just to be clear....on my car I have 125% for my forward throttle so the motor is running at the fastest possible speed when I have the trigger pulled all the way.
For braking.....and because I have a one way....the brake EPA is only about 5%. So even with full brakes on....the braking action is very slight.
Does that help??