Wiki Posts
Search

FF-02 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default FF-02 question

Apart from the arms and shafts, what separates an M-03 from an FF-02?

Where can I find the part/s to make it into an FF-02?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:53 AM
Tech Regular

The chassis extender- D parts # 50799. Properly set up with a stock motor an FF02 will fly. Don
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

that's good to know jason's store has one, just found on ebay.

will they keep up with TT-01s and TB-02s and TA05s?
Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Some time ago Doug Mertes wrote a test article on the FF02 in RCCA. He said in the article that it would give a stock powered 4 wheel drive TC fits in the parking lot. You must use oil filled shocks. Blue springs, 60wt. in front. Red springs, 40wt in the rear. I used an HPI red sway bar in the rear.( Tamiya sway bar is prefered- I used what I had on hand) I put on a set of TA-02 rear uprights to get toe in on the rear- again what I had on hand. Try a 16t pinion with a CO-27 motor. Also put on a set of adjustable camber rods and tie rods. Driving is very important, FWD handles differently than 4WD. Don't forget to use a ball diff-much easier th drive. Don
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

I've been using my M-03L, so far with a gear diff and oil filled shocks with the arms virtually flat, on foam xpress tyres, I've had nothing but success.

I don't think a stock motor would quite fit my needs sir. I was thinking more along the lines of retarded 8 x 2 LRP Fusion motor... 16t pinion. Only running Venom 3600mAh at the max i can charge them at (8.5v).

I've got two sets of tamiya sway bars for the TL-01/FF-02/M-03, 24 or so TL-01 arms not including the full set of alloy arms and uprights I have on my drifter, TL-01 rear toe uprights, shafts, outdrives, all that. I have basically everything you said apart from the different springs and oils. Everything to make an FF-02 apart from the D-parts you mentioned.

Front wheel driven cars react much better to one-way differentials. This is a fact. TA03 one way will fit. I've got a TA03/TL-01/M-03/FF-02 ball diff at hand, but it untightens itself. methinks i rebuilt it wrong. need instructions! help me out?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Tech Regular

If you can get an 8x2 to hook up- more power to you. As for a front one way, on a 4wd with a front one way when you brake(with a ball diff or spool in the rear) you only have brakes on the rear wheels, the fronts freewheel. If you can drive with no brakes on your FWD go for it. Put a little blue locktite on the " bolt" that holds the ball diff together and replace the thrust bearing assembly with a 5x11 ball bearing- smooth. Don
Old 10-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

i've been doing it thus far with no brakes. the M-03/FF-02 gearbox isn't exactly the most efficient gearbox.

nice, thanks for your help.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

No problem, good luck in your racing. The look on other people's faces when you beat their 4wd with a FWD is priceless! Don