Wiki Posts
Search

USA Ebayers

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i'm in the same boat.

i've had very good fortune with seamless transactions in purchasing 2x EP touring cars from the US, on this forum (shipped to Australia), and many other EP items (esc, motor, motor checker, etc .. ) from ths US.

likewise, i've been able to ship my 1/8 buggy all the way to UK, sold on ebay.

having said that, i can only watch in envy on items that fit my budget but seller is not willing to ship overseas. it's the seller's prerogative of course.

so i'll just have to be patient and hunt for the next deal
Old 10-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default feedback

Originally Posted by wyl03
i'm in the same boat.

i've had very good fortune with seamless transactions in purchasing 2x EP touring cars from the US, on this forum (shipped to Australia), and many other EP items (esc, motor, motor checker, etc .. ) from ths US.

likewise, i've been able to ship my 1/8 buggy all the way to UK, sold on ebay.

having said that, i can only watch in envy on items that fit my budget but seller is not willing to ship overseas. it's the seller's prerogative of course.

so i'll just have to be patient and hunt for the next deal
Me to, & thanks for all the feedback much appreciated. I here were your coming from,
Old 10-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I just completed a successful transaction from Minnesota, USA to Sweden.

I sold a DX2.0 in its original box shipped from the USPS.

$16.00 for shipping. Package arrived in less that 11 days, buyer completely satisfied. He assumed all responsibilities for delays or for lost package.

I labeled it used toy car parts for customs per the Postmaster. Took less than 3 minutes to fill out the form right at the counter.

Allan
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
That's not true...Paypal just requires that you ship to the verified address by a means that's traceable by internet. It's no different than shipping to a US address that way.

The forms are a pain in the ass, though.
What forms??? USPS took me less than 3 minutes to fill out as "Used Toy Car Parts".

Arrived quickly, see post above.

I suppose that every shipment is different...

Allan
Old 10-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I shipped to Australia pretty often a few yrs ago and never had a problem with forms or customers. One of the customers did have a problem with his stuff when he picked it up from customs though. Ended up costing him twice what he had originally thought it would. But that was his fault. I would find a hobby shop thats willing to work with you and stick with them. Normally they'll give you a bigger discount when they know they can trust you.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Centerline Racing
What forms??? USPS took me less than 3 minutes to fill out as "Used Toy Car Parts".

Arrived quickly, see post above.

I suppose that every shipment is different...

Allan
Every country is different and the forms vary by country according to the weight of the package. I'm glad yours was easy...most of mine have been, but not all of them are.

I'll ship anywhere, but only if the buyer isn't a weenie. I do my level best to make sure it all goes smoothly, but it really gets on my nerves to get chewed on because something gets stuck in customs for a month or have them get slammed for 30-40% duty. I fill out the forms the way *they* specify and ship it the way *they* want to pay for...that's as far as I can go.

USPS is a crap shoot for shipping overseas...sometimes they're great, sometimes they suck. It all depends on the exact package and country. You have to wait in line every time for an overseas deal, even if you do the forms ahead of time...and heaven forbid if the weight is 1oz off (I have a USPS scale).
Old 10-20-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've to the UK a couple times from Canada and it's not really any different from shipping to anywhere else.

The only major issue is the prices for shipping overseas is huge compared to shipping within North America, and the time it takes to get there is usually pretty long unless you spend even more money for FedEx or Purolator.