Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TT-01 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Tamiya TT-01 Issues

This thread can be for anyone who is having trouble with their TT-01. (Like me)

My TT-01 goes haywire whenever it gets either to a certain distance away from me or goes too fast or is just completely random. (not sure which but i think its the too far away one) By haywire I mean I have absolutely no control over it for about 2 secs but in this time it accelerates to full speed and does random turns usually resulting in a massive stack. I have changed my transmitter and receiver and crystals and batteries (in car and transmitter) and that has not worked. What is the problem? Please help going racing soon.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

That happened to me a lot before...but now I just learn to stay within the range. Also, depending on the area you are in you'll get a certain amount of interference, ESPECIALLY with AM radios. If you are racing in places where its not really open, then go for an FM radio or upgrade to a Spectrum system.

What radio are you using?
Old 10-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I have a 27 MHz AM radio system and as I know that is the frequency cheapo cars run on (Big W, K-Mart, David Jones sorta ones) then I expected some interference but not the amount I have been getting (insane out of controlness ='ling massive crash a few dollars spent buying new wheel rims and so on)
Old 10-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hmm , i hav e a tt-01 , and i have never had the problem yet , but maybe it may be that u havent set your speed controller up properly , or maybe your motor is going on its way out ,, ,, and maybe its because somone has there controller on with the same crystal as you so its trying to do 2 things as once .. if u get me .. hopei helped ..
Old 10-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't think it is the motor as I just bought a new RS-540 Sport Tuned from the hobby shop and I think the ESC is set up properly because I have been racing it for a few months previously without the problem.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

instead of loosing $$$ in buying spare parts due to poor signal.
try to invest an "Fm Tx" perhaps a Futaba 2pl Fm will do, but if your planning to stay long in this hobby invest high ends 2.4ghz or spectrum imho
Old 10-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

I think I will get a mid range FM Radio that is not to expensive cos I'm saving up for a desktop computer so it can't be too expensive.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

don't know if you can get it yet, but there is an Acoms 2.4ghz radio out soon. half the price of the futaba one.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

mid range try to consider Futaba 2pl Fm its my first tx and it serves me well
its only a suggestion, try to look around before you buy
Old 10-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joe of loath
don't know if you can get it yet, but there is an Acoms 2.4ghz radio out soon. half the price of the futaba one.
hmmm!!! cheap 2.4ghz it is worth to wait
the cheapest 2.4ghz i know is spectrum DX3
Old 10-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It's also about how the ESC reacts when it suddenly runs out of range. I have a 27mHz AM controller and receiver as well. However my receiver wire was way too short, so I extended it so the overall length is about 20 inches. I haven't had much trouble with going out of range, and I've raced it in a big open lot of grass without much trouble.

Before with my CPR-01 (ESC and receiver in one) when it would run out of range, I'd have that problem, where it would go full throttle till I came back into range from running towards it. I was racing near a beach after I lifted my TT-01, and the thing almost took a plunge...

I just recently got a GTX, and I tested what would happen if it suddenly ran out or range. I pulled full throttle while holding the car, and shut off my controller. The ESC also went full throttle, but only for a second and pulled the brake. I believe this was programmed to do this by Novak.

But if I were you, I'd get an FM controller. I would get one, but I am looking for a 3 channel controller for a good price so I can flip up the headlights on my trueno with the 3rd channel servo
Old 10-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I was wondering weather or not it was my ESC but the one I have is programmed to stop and flash a red light at me wen it goes out of range and I have tested this many times on the bench. All things considered I think it's time to get and FM or 2.4GHz system so thanks for all the help everyone and anyone else who has probs with a TT-01 should post here otherwise a complete waste of thread.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

go for 2.4Ghz and you will not have any glitch issue...1 really work hard in last two months just to buy a Fasst Module + Rx...its really worth it...
Old 10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah my dad's going to America (the land of cheaper stuff than Australia) and he is gonna get me a Spektrum radio system there so I'll be all kitted out. Buy I have one question, my mum is very suspicious of the new alum propeller shaft I just installed she thinks it could be interfering somehow but could her ridiculous suspicions be true?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AussieSamurai
Yeah my dad's going to America (the land of cheaper stuff than Australia) and he is gonna get me a Spektrum radio system there so I'll be all kitted out. Buy I have one question, my mum is very suspicious of the new alum propeller shaft I just installed she thinks it could be interfering somehow but could her ridiculous suspicions be true?
the center shaft? i dont think so, its not directly connected to any electronicts, or touch any open wirings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.