Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all.
Im new to this forum but I got my PRO 4 on Friday and spent till now building it. I have found the kit to go together very well. Did all shimming as manual and the drive seems very free and smooth. I also tapped all holes first.
The only problem I had was when I come to put some wheels on the rear they were catching on the upper link and the lower shock mount (both done to manual setting). I tried HPI foam, Orion Frsh kicks and schumacker 24 dish wheels wiyth sorex rubber. The fresh kicks cleared the upper lick but hit the shock mount and the other two hit both. The only way I could get aound this was to move the shock in one hole and snad the round part of the ball cup off with a rotary tool.
If any body else has add this problem please say.
Just looking forward to getting the car on my local club carpet track on tuesday.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Steve B
Hi all.
Im new to this forum but I got my PRO 4 on Friday and spent till now building it. I have found the kit to go together very well. Did all shimming as manual and the drive seems very free and smooth. I also tapped all holes first.
The only problem I had was when I come to put some wheels on the rear they were catching on the upper link and the lower shock mount (both done to manual setting). I tried HPI foam, Orion Frsh kicks and schumacker 24 dish wheels wiyth sorex rubber. The fresh kicks cleared the upper lick but hit the shock mount and the other two hit both. The only way I could get aound this was to move the shock in one hole and snad the round part of the ball cup off with a rotary tool.
If any body else has add this problem please say.
Just looking forward to getting the car on my local club carpet track on tuesday.
Did you add the washers behind the wheel hexes?
I haven't had this problem.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Did you add the washers behind the wheel hexes?
Hi big_G

I have use the 1mm & 0.5mm spacer after the hex and 2 x 0.2mm shims between the bearing and pin.

If I use more spacers the nut will not go fully on the shaft.

One question though what is th inside diameter of your wheels when measured from the back. My HPI foam, Scumacher wheels are 45mm & Orion fresh kicks 47mm.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by racer
have a question for all you experts out there!

if the car is slugish while moving from chicane to chicane. what should i do? change the springs?

someone at my track suggested getting softer springs for the front?

btw. i use rubber on carpet

any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
To make the car more responsive you need to stiffen up the car...
You can stiffen the chassis by using the optional chassis brace supplied in the kit as a start. Then work on stiffening the suspension.
The car is very well balanced out of box, so stiffening both front and rear by the similar amounts will give you a similar balance while making the car more responsive.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Nothing was very hot (batteries or charger), but I know the cells are fried after hooking them up to my ESC. I guess I'll try to return it to Orion, not sure how that works since they are in Switzerland and I bought the charger from Sheldon Hobbies (and the digtal discharger - does it suck too?). Some of the battery juice got on the metal side of the charger and ate away the bits of paint. Anyway, does anyone have a suggestion for a good AC/DC charger? Or even just a DC one - I've got a 12V power supply coming in the mail.

Thanks for the heads up on the charger!

jleibund
Old 02-15-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

lrp pulsar
Old 02-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racer
have a question for all you experts out there!

if the car is slugish while moving from chicane to chicane. what should i do? change the springs?
someone at my track suggested getting softer springs for the front?
btw. i use rubber on carpet

any input would be appreciated, Thanks!
To improve transitional reponse (left to right) you need to go with heavier Shock Oil. This applies to any Car. Try going up 5-10wt at both ends of the Car untill you find the response that you are happy with.

If the car is rolling too much in the corners, then also change to heavier springs.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pucho:

Hi,

Are You home???????????? need some help with my "other car".
no Pro 4 as we are getting ready for karting......looks like Mini might be running two classes this year. looks like ICA is in our future. (water cooled nonshifter) and the KT 100.

I'll try to call a little later

Thanks
Old 02-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by popsracer
To improve transitional reponse (left to right) you need to go with heavier Shock Oil. This applies to any Car. Try going up 5-10wt at both ends of the Car untill you find the response that you are happy with.

If the car is rolling too much in the corners, then also change to heavier springs.
cool, Thank you popsracer and others for your input on the situation. i'll give it a try!
Old 02-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tim I just got home. I just sent you an email.

Luis
Old 02-15-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

All of this waiting is intolerable. I think I've read through the manual about a billion times by now!
Old 02-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Erik Shauver; 09-11-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Take a picture if you can so we can help you out.
Plus The foams are HPI 26mm.[IMG]

(Thanks for the tip)
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-3-pics.jpg  

Last edited by Steve B; 02-15-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:54 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

you can only attach one picture at a time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.