Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

What's the benefit in using the spool if compare with front one way
Old 11-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Pro4
the complete spring set is available.
Not sure about the aluminum spool, but speedtech rc have titanium spools with delrin outdrives for the Pro4
I heard people at the worlds switched from the titanium to the speedtech steel spool version because the titanium was too light. Putting the heavier one gave it more corner speed. I dont know the technical explanation but its something to think about..
Old 11-24-2004, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

I just ripped about 6 or 7 teeth off the front one way gears, and dont really know why. car was built properly, and the gears mesh properly, no binding or slop, so i dunno. I changed from a ss 5800 brushless to a v2 8x1, thats all i can think of, more powerful motor.

Any answers why and suggestions on a fix to the problem will be well appreciated.

Btw I'm in Australia and it's real hard to get parts for it here, i usually order from tower.

Matt
Old 11-24-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pro4
the complete spring set is available.
Not sure about the aluminum spool, but speedtech rc have titanium spools with delrin outdrives for the Pro4
I believe the speedtechrc's TIR Spools for Pro4 is made of aluminum with delrin outdrive.
Well even the manufacturer recommend it for stock class only.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by wolfracing
I just ripped about 6 or 7 teeth off the front one way gears, and dont really know why. car was built properly, and the gears mesh properly, no binding or slop, so i dunno. I changed from a ss 5800 brushless to a v2 8x1, thats all i can think of, more powerful motor.

Any answers why and suggestions on a fix to the problem will be well appreciated.

Btw I'm in Australia and it's real hard to get parts for it here, i usually order from tower.

Matt
You have to make sure that you put enough shims so that the front one way gear fits tight against the pinion, basically you want no play at all in it. HPI have also released an upgrade where they give a little aluminum ring that you fit between the gear and the one way body, this prevents a lot of breakage.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I hear the delrin outdrives are breaking after a couple of runs.
yeh. there more fragile than the one-way gears.
If you have a half-hard knock than they just snap. I've broken two already.

If you do get one, definately but spare outdrives
Old 11-24-2004, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Well I'm thinking of getting rid of the

TC4. I'm just not happy with the kit quality and the suspension is too sloppy for me. It shouldn't be a big deal but it just bothers me. The car just seems lazy even with a swaybar and I wonder if that is the reason.

I picked a guys Pro 4 at the track and it did not have any slop at all. The chassis didn't flex as I thought it would and it was a sharp looking ride. It's a looker! Seemed to have the quality I'm looking for in a tc. Much better than the Pro 3 I once had.

I still have a few questions. Does HPI make a lightened outdrive like AE or do the stock ones hold up for a long time in mod racing? Can you use the MIP shiny TC3 cvds and the composit TC3 cvds on the Pro 4? Not having the option to move the batteries forward or back, is it suited for one type of track than another? How is it on tight carpet tracks. Can anyone help me?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Well I'm thinking of getting rid of the

Originally posted by RCknight
Can anyone help me?
No but medication can.... Just kidding, as was just being discussed HPI makes delrin outdrive, but there are issues of strength

I have heard previously not sure whether it was here or not that the tc3 cvds fit the pro4.

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Do your 28mm foams rub on everthing....

like my TC4?

Last edited by RCknight; 11-25-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

RCknight i'm right there w/ you. I got so much flex in the front of the car. the castor blocks flex back and the cvds come out kind of and chew the plastic outdrives up. I"m not happy w/ it. on the flipside bmi is suposed to realease the kit before christmas. so I guess imma run this point series w/ it. and if htat doesn't work i'm either going to xray or pro4. hell maybe back to yok if it wasn't for parts. i need like 2 rollers for parts haha.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Well I'm thinking of getting rid of the

Originally posted by Mossie
No but medication can.... Just kidding, as was just being discussed HPI makes delrin outdrive, but there are issues of strength

I have heard previously not sure whether it was here or not that the tc3 cvds fit the pro4.

Cheers,

Mossie
TC3 CVDs are identical. I've personally placed them side by side.

So we pro4 ppl have a few options

Pro4 CVDs
TC3 Stock CVDs
TC3 HD CVDs
TC3 Composite CVDs (dirt cheap and possibly good for stock) edit: if they are longer, someone will have to try them out.
anymore TC3 CVD types??

Last edited by Entropy; 11-24-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

TITANIUM and the new CVD's for the TC4 they are thicker and they also are more durable
Old 11-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

RCknight, I have over 7 months of racing on my car and all the parts are still nice and tight. The stock composite diff outdrives show very little wear and that is with mod outdoors on asphalt, indoors on concrete and on carpet. The shiny cvds from the TC3 will work but I am not sure on the composite ones as they are longer and may hit the diff nut. I dont think there is really anything wrong with the stock bones. I bent one many months ago but it has held up great. As far as moving the batteries, that is one of the benefits of the car. The batteries are moved as far in as possible to keep the main weight down the centerline of the car. It is very important to balance the car out left to right though as it is very noticable if you have not done this with the car turing great one way and not so well the other way. It is a very adjustable car and small changes make huge differences on track. I have ran the delrin outdrives with 9 turn motors with no problems. For carpet I changed the chassis out for a SWEET PRP chassis kit that has a 3mm upper and lower deck as well as an adjustable rear wheelbase to allow for high bite carpet tracks so you can move the rear arms back to add more steering. Nice tuning tool.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Entropy, I was not sure.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Are the TC3 composite CVDs longer?? I didn't know that, in that case I cannot confirm if they will fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.