Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Front Bevel Gear

Originally posted by rc-zombies
the PRP backing plate is actually bigger than the HPI version.
it covers the entire back of the diff gear.

for pics check out the PRP website.

Thanks Zombies, I will try to order from the website.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

And it does not work with the revised gears............
Old 11-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

That is correct. The brace only works with the original gears!!!

http://www.teamprpracing.com/pro4.html
Old 11-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
I must have screwed something up. I have tried 3 different pinions now and none will line up with the spur. all the pinions seem to be too long to and tick out past the spur. Does the Pro 4 require a special HPI pinion that is shorter?? I have tried a HPI pinionwhich was way to long , a RR pinion which is very short and neither have worked? Anyone have any suggestions
Old 11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Just finished building my pro4 kit, it went together quite smoothly, and the fit of the parts was pretty good...

one thing i noticed was that there is some binding in the front left 4deg c-hub, removing/flipping the bottom spacer between the hub and the steering block seems to free it up, is this a common problem?

also, the kit contents on the hpi website states it comes with all 3 swaybar sizes, however my kit only came with the black. should the extra sway bars have been in the kit or is this an error on the website?

http://www.hpiracing.com/coolstuff/pro4kitpts.htm
Old 11-02-2004, 03:34 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by tunerjetta29
I must have screwed something up. I have tried 3 different pinions now and none will line up with the spur. all the pinions seem to be too long to and tick out past the spur. Does the Pro 4 require a special HPI pinion that is shorter?? I have tried a HPI pinionwhich was way to long , a RR pinion which is very short and neither have worked? Anyone have any suggestions
Just as long as it's not a long shank pinion, you should be fine.

I use Robinson Racing pinions without a problem, but you do have to put the pinion as far back on the armature shaft as possible. Usually I only have about ~1mm between the pinion at the motor can.

Originally posted by domo

also, the kit contents on the hpi website states it comes with all 3 swaybar sizes, however my kit only came with the black. should the extra sway bars have been in the kit or is this an error on the website?

http://www.hpiracing.com/coolstuff/pro4kitpts.htm
It only comes with the black swaybars.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I use the RR pinions as well...and also use a SpeedMind motor heatsink Plate. move the motor forward about 2-3mm.
On my car... moving the pinion as close to motor as possible..still not a perfect gear alignment.
Old 11-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

I use the RR purple pinions (27 and 8t) for stock and jut got some schumacher titanium pinions (19 and 20t) for mod (48 pitch) they fit ok but not really 100% lined up, with the pinion real close to the motor can. never had any troubles though with them.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well i shimmed the motor toward the fron of the car about 3mm and its works fine with the RR pinion. Thanks for the help
Old 11-02-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by TeamPRP
That is correct. The brace only works with the original gears!!!

http://www.teamprpracing.com/pro4.html
So can I say that I just buy an old bevel gear and this backing plate.

From the PRP website, it mentioned with the hardware is $21.99.
What is the "hardware"?

Is this "hardware" is a must to buy?

Old 11-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default carbon graphite shaft

Erik

Can i know that the carbon grapite shaft that manufacture by HPI can be use on modified motor, cause people at my area say the shaft only can be use for stock 23t motor, the shaft itself cannot stand the torque and rpm output power by modified motor, but i saw from some picture there is a driver using it during the ISTC IFMAR race.

thank you
Old 11-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BerNardLee
So can I say that I just buy an old bevel gear and this backing plate.

From the PRP website, it mentioned with the hardware is $21.99.
What is the "hardware"?

Is this "hardware" is a must to buy?

The aluminum brace comes with the screws needed to attach it to the one way gear. That is all you will need to attach it to the oneway. Please email me directly if you have any questions

Thank you!
Ben
Old 11-03-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, all !
New on this thread, as I just ordered myself 2 x HPI Pro4, one for me, and one for my son . we race together
Having raced past season with Corally Assassin, and being not really satisfied with that car, I wanted to change for next season thinking about X-Ray, Mi2, TC4 and finally decide to change for the Pro4.
hopefully she won't let me down
I'm considering to make my Pro4 really special, so maybe I can beat my son, who almost always is just ahead of me
So tell me,
would the team PRP HTS racing chassis kit be an improvement on the car, or does it just "look nice" ?
We always race stock 19T, on asphalt circuits, mainly quite large ones.
info about any hop-ups which really would make a difference will be appreciated.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: carbon graphite shaft

Originally posted by Newbies
Erik

Can i know that the carbon grapite shaft that manufacture by HPI can be use on modified motor, cause people at my area say the shaft only can be use for stock 23t motor, the shaft itself cannot stand the torque and rpm output power by modified motor, but i saw from some picture there is a driver using it during the ISTC IFMAR race.

thank you
yes i've been using a carbon HPI shaft in my pro4 with a 6T hacker brushless motor for 6 months with no hassles. it has not twisted 1 mm since installation. the 6T is equivalent to a 7T brushed motor!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by octavio

would the team PRP HTS racing chassis kit be an improvement on the car, or does it just "look nice" ?
We always race stock 19T, on asphalt circuits, mainly quite large ones.
i found that the PRP chassis like any thicker, more ridgid chassis helps the car with initial response stearing when turning into a corner. also it is quicker to shift weight as there is no flexing. the only issue is that due to the stiffnes the front setup has to be altered slightly. i found on exit the car understeered slightly... maybe this was my setup/track though. on a quick sweeping track the chassis will help alot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.