Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Ray, taking front arm sweep out will slow the turning reaction of the car. It basically calms the car down. I tried taking the arm sweep out of a Losi one time with using TC3 front arms and the rear Losi bar. It made the car push on a loose track but felt real nice on a high bite track.

I tried adding 1mm to the inner camber link on the front and rear of the car as well as lowered the roll centers by 1mm front and rear which resulted in a car that felt lazy and had very little side bite. I lost 3-4 tenths of a second per lap. This was on a track that I felt had quite a bit of grip. Is it possible that you removed too much grip from the car so it lost its corner grip/speed?
2fast 4 u2-Tony's quite a good tuner!! I wish I could race with you guys in MO!!!

Doug-its very possible!!! I like to sit down and test for a good 5 hours at a time and keep trying things as I feel what the cars doing and not quit till I either figure it out or I start to go backwards!! ONly getting 1 to 2 hours to tet is killing me with this new car.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Ray-what happens if you start to lay the shocks in?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

But-I should state that one guy is flying with his Pro4 and setting the fastest laps by a big margin. His cars rippin to-where as mine feels slow both on top speed and rip. Hes running 2.5 front arm sweep and he likes his car. And He Wants STEERING! He hates car thats not real responive. SO-this is another reason why I put the arm sweep back in for next week. my cars sluggish. He was running 13.4 last night and I was lucky to get one 13.77

Ray
Old 05-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by CraigH
Ray-what happens if you start to lay the shocks in?
Well-on the front I think it makes the car rotate a lot more on exit-and thats good smetimes, unless the front digs in and slows the car down. I often play with that adjustment.

IN back i rarely run anything but stright up in stock. IN mod sometimes I will lay the rears in one and the fronts in two to make car easier to drive and make more grip for the mod motor.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default PRO 4 Setup

Ray,

I am basically running Rob's setup he posted a while back. My car has mad rip and is extremely fast. The last carpet race we had it was turning lap times as fast as Billy's BMI Xray. Too bad a kid stuffed me in the boards and broke the car. Billy had already dropped out, pinion fell off.

I will be doing some more testing when I get my BMI chassis back from Jason. The center posts position is not correct either on the top deck or the chassis, not sure which yet.

Later,

By the way Diffs are almost done!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

crash-thanks! I really think the esc is shot!!! I have killer motors and batts and driveline is free-but cars slow!!!
Old 05-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Ray, is it possible to get that other guy on here to share some tips that he has found on the car? Is he helping you with your car?

I hear ya on the practice thing. My local track is 2 hours away so I do all my testing on racedays.LOL
Old 05-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

CraigH,

Basically the more laid down the shocks are the more grip you get, so if you were to lay the rear shocks right down and have the front ones stood up all the way, depending on setup you would expect understeer, if you set it the opposite way round you would expect mad oversteer.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
Ray, is it possible to get that other guy on here to share some tips that he has found on the car? Is he helping you with your car?

I hear ya on the practice thing. My local track is 2 hours away so I do all my testing on racedays.LOL
Jimmy help online......... Basically he can just drive the wheels off a car. He tries things, but not to the extent that I do. He runs one pack on practice night usually. Actually-it might be more accurate to say he asks me things to try. But in reality-hes just one fast mutha!!! he usually says things like-your car looks fast-let me drive it-or your car loosk slow-whatdid you do?

His set-up is almost identical to what I posted. He was running bigger PUrple and Purple/Orange Jacos and 1º rear toe and Purple AE rear shocks and his car looked loose to me and Seaball, but it was flying thorough the sweepers.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Dam Pinnions. I remember that. That sucks. Hey

Tony (aka Crash), you got that set up written down. Keep it for me. I should be at the track next tuesday. Got some things to try if its not raining on the outdoor track. Or do you know what page the set up is on. I will go print it out. Just like to have a starting point.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default PRO4 Setup

Bear, I have it and will bring it to you on Tuesday night.

Later,
Old 05-20-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: no one seems to hve arms in the us

Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
hey what the deal on the carbon arms in the us i talk to kt hobbies the last 2 days and he told me today his shipment may be the end of the mth asnd i dont want to order across sea i need arms this week so i can race full throttle on the track and also what a good set up on ashaplt plse reply thxs reggie
you are right. it took me a month to get the arms. it's nowhere to be found in the us. the best place toget it is from overseas. check this out http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/advan...ufacturers_id=
Old 05-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Is the Andy Kraemer setup on the HPI USA website for carpet? Sure looks like a carpet setup.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Hi All,

Jet Racing parts for the Pro 4 are now available on Asiatees.

Here is the link:
http://www.asiatees.com/model.php?br...=Pro%204&pid=1

Best regards,
Jason
www.Asiatees.com
Old 05-20-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone using a Zero
Extrene 2002 ESC?
I could use a few tips for tweaking this thing for a Monster Stock motor.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.