Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
do u guys use the black or purple robinson pinions?
purple
Old 04-20-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

anyone else notice that there is LOTS of room on the deck for electronics??....
Old 04-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

is the stock lube fine? or should i get aftermarket ones?... i cant wait to build the car, just waiting for my thorp driver
Old 04-20-2004, 12:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
I'm no authority on *anything*, but I have a 34 in for SoCal (rubber)
Will you be at Socal on sat? I got the day off, and should be down there....
Old 04-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Any one know where to get a couple packs of A-arms?
Old 04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCBuddha
Will you be at Socal on sat? I got the day off, and should be down there....
I hope so, but I may just go to Norco on Sunday...I'm headed out there right now...(throwing stuff in my RC box)...looking for keys...I need all the practice I can get. Don't have any more gears, though...LOL Better not hit anything.

I usually hang around with AirNate.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Serious testing today on carpet/foam tires

Well-I a getting more and more imprssed with this car with every pack. I ran it at a Ozite track today with foam tires and ran a lot of different camber link combinations and some shock positions. I was looking for a balance and also looking to "SEE" changes in body roll and corner speed from these changes.

I was able to quite easily make the car push mid corner, to very, very aggressive to a final combination that seemed t carry tremedous corner speed AND was by far the easiest to drive. All by combinations of the length of the camber links front and rear and with some angling of the arms.

VEry impressed with how easily the car can be made to be super aggressive to pushy.

Ray
Old 04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

I have two qus
1. Has anyone else had probs with the battery holder not holding the batteries tight enough?
2. What hop ups should be the top of my list for purchase?

Cheers guys!
Old 04-20-2004, 05:23 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by CraigH
Any one know where to get a couple packs of A-arms?
Let me know if you actually find any. Horizon shows April 22nd they will have parts in stock.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just bought the last 3 sets of arms from one shop......first 100.00 gets them shipped

It amazes me how companies continue to let this happen.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Now to be more specific-I ran the car with arms flat on the chassis and 4 degree caster blocks and stock ackermann. Shocks out two holes in front and all the way out in rear. The track was 60'x 30 or so- a little bullring of a track.

The base set-up i ran was with long rear camber link and short front.

Car was not too bad, but was overrotating on exit. I took down the dual rate quite bit to smooth out the car and it did improve. Next I tried shortening the rear link on the hub only. I went back out and car stayed flatter in the corners in the back and this lack of roll made the car feel more consistent.

It had a lot of ow speed cornering and high speed as well. Its ability to transition right and left and go through 180's was unreal. I felt like i could take 180's at a very high rate of speed. I also stood the front shock up one hole and that seemed to tame the squaring up on exit problem.

As this set-up was rather aggressive-perfect for this little track-I wanted to simulate the feel, but make it easier to drive on BIG tracks and went with a long front camber link. Very much to my suprise I picked up a HUGE mid corner push that carried the push to the exit. To get it to turn on exit I had to hold the steering at full lock beyond the apex and it was both sloppy to drive like that and even harder to be consistent.

I called RB Love about this push and he suggested putting pro-squat or ant-squat in the rear. I used pro-squat and car now carried the line from start to end, wasnt aggressive at all and looked ot be going as fast on exit as mid-corner. This was too much to believe so i took the pro-squat out and car pushed like mad again.

Very good day to learn about the Pro4.

My conclusions are if your running on a tight carpet high bite track, run short front and rear camber links. Car will turn on a dime and go left right like a whip.

If your running on a larger track, try a long front camber link, but put the pro-squat in the back.

Can anyoneback-this up or refute it?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Joneser
I just bought the last 3 sets of arms from one shop......first 100.00 gets them shipped

It amazes me how companies continue to let this happen.
Yea because if this keeps up I'm going back to a Yoke SD and have a nice BMI chassis on that car as well. Can't keep having to wait for parts for weeks at a time.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Lat time I talked to HPI they said they get parts shipments every 3 weeks. I remember now why I like Associated and Losi. Come on HPI get on the ball.......
Old 04-20-2004, 06:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Every 3 weeks. Well then they better pick it up some or alot of guys will be going back to other cars. I hope not as my Pro4 is really nice and works great.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what parts are you breaking. I broke arms but our track is typically brutal and I have not yet rigged a wide bumper up. two of my hits probably would not have been saved by a bumper because I think I hit the edge of a flapper with the axle...and ripped the arm apart. I am a little concerned about breakage since the one thing that I can say is that I RARELY DNF. Xray parts are sometimes hard to come by but they rarely break as well!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.