Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 02:41 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Protus - just curious, did you do the hot water trick to the gears?
Old 02-22-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: TRANSPONDER HOLDER/SERVO SAVER

Originally posted by rc-zombies
A couple of new option parts released by Jet Hobbies
Transponder holder/servo mount, servo saver linkage.
Pro4 decals now available too....
Oooo, more purple aluminum. can't resist, must get them!

woo hoo! Thanks for the update!
Old 02-22-2004, 03:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Proteus,

Did you boil the gears b/f you ran the car? The racing @ SoCal last night looked like "bang up derby", i don't think many were getting through traffic very cleanly (at least, from what I saw). Was Slim calling traffic for the leaders??

Buddha
Old 02-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Frront diff gears

I too was a victom of broken front diff gears on the one way. I DID NOT boil them. The next set will be boiled. And a diff installed. I have a second kit for parts on the way.

For the first time out....WOW!!! I was running foam on carpet. From the kit setup(which is a rubber tire setup) All I changed was to location of the rear shock, to the most inside hole. And droop, 2mm. The car is to soft with the gold and silver springs, but very balanced. I'll have a new setup next week.

-Derek
Old 02-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Unfortunately I didn't boil the gears. It didn't even cross my mind since I didn't do it to the TC3 or the NTC3. Oh well! I'm thinking about picking up a second kit for spares, as well as a back-up car.

One other thing of interest, until the new pivot blocks come out, I'm thinking about running the XXXS rear hubs and axle on the Pro 4 to take some toe out. I'll work on it tonight and let you know how it goes.

Jeff
Old 02-22-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Frront diff gears

Originally posted by Downforce
I too was a victom of broken front diff gears on the one way. I DID NOT boil them. The next set will be boiled. And a diff installed. I have a second kit for parts on the way.

For the first time out....WOW!!! I was running foam on carpet. From the kit setup(which is a rubber tire setup) All I changed was to location of the rear shock, to the most inside hole. And droop, 2mm. The car is to soft with the gold and silver springs, but very balanced. I'll have a new setup next week.

-Derek
Glad to hear it did well on carpet with foams. It didn't surprise me that the stock setup would be too soft.

The one thing that does puzzle me is how much the car rolls. It seems that with everything placed centrally along the axis of the car that there would not be enough leverage/force to cause the chassis to roll, UNLESS the CG was pretty high. But looking at the car the CG does not look that high at all. Dang, I've got so many different things that I want to try on this car. I hope everybody's first time out with this car is just as good as mine or better. Good luck to all

Jeff
Old 02-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Proteus
Unfortunately I didn't boil the gears. It didn't even cross my mind since I didn't do it to the TC3 or the NTC3. Oh well! I'm thinking about picking up a second kit for spares, as well as a back-up car.

One other thing of interest, until the new pivot blocks come out, I'm thinking about running the XXXS rear hubs and axle on the Pro 4 to take some toe out. I'll work on it tonight and let you know how it goes.

Jeff
Yeah. The rear toe in stock carpet racing is HUGH. Allthough My fastest lap verse the fastest TC3 with 1 degree of toe was only .1 second slower. Not bad for 3 degrees and the first time out.

Still VERY happy with the car.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Re: Chassis Roll

Originally posted by Proteus
Glad to hear it did well on carpet with foams. It didn't surprise me that the stock setup would be too soft.

The one thing that does puzzle me is how much the car rolls. It seems that with everything placed centrally along the axis of the car that there would not be enough leverage/force to cause the chassis to roll, UNLESS the CG was pretty high. But looking at the car the CG does not look that high at all. Dang, I've got so many different things that I want to try on this car. I hope everybody's first time out with this car is just as good as mine or better. Good luck to all

Jeff
As far as roll is concern, try lowering the inner point of the camber links or raising the outer camber link point. This will lessen the the chassis roll by raising the Roll Center. You could even try shortening the camber link as a fine tunning adjustment.

In regards to the rear toe: has anyone tried switching the 3.0 degree mount to the front, and putting the 2.5 to the rear? That may help until the new mounts make their way into the hobby shops.

So can I assume that TC3 springs fit the shocks with no problems?

Buddha
Old 02-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, TC3 springs will work
Old 02-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

i evntually be getting one i just met one of my dads freinds who works at hpi im gonna see if he can hook me up with it or ill just get from work
anything i should do while i build it
Old 02-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCBuddha
Proteus,

Did you boil the gears b/f you ran the car? The racing @ SoCal last night looked like "bang up derby", i don't think many were getting through traffic very cleanly (at least, from what I saw). Was Slim calling traffic for the leaders??

Buddha
you need to just start building that thing man! haha
Old 02-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone broke the front diff gears that has treated them?
Old 02-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Not yet, i got spare gears and diff's but have'nt needed them yet.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys

What are the necessary spare parts and hop-ups for the Pro 4, I not wanting to spend to much money

Thanks

WADE
Old 02-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Shortyzz,

Titanium Screw set would be a great start and that's about it, it's a fantastic kit out of the box!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.