Wiki Posts
Search

Best charger of all time?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 07:48 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Beside the other features there are two things I like with the protrak and which are not very common with other chargers. In the display you can see the actual input voltage so you know if anything is OK or going wrong with car battery or powersupply. Also the protrak is showing actual fallback voltage (delta voltage) so you can see if the battery has reached highest chargingvoltage and is near end of charge. This can be very useful if you´re wanna charge as close as possible for your heat.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Which charger is comparible to the quasar pro? I really want the 16x5v6(not 16x5 VESC) but I don't have the money to buy a power supply. Are there any alternatives? Is there a charger with the features of the 16x5v6 such as IR measurement, memory slots partial charge, automatic cycling, voltage threshhold. Thanks

Brandon
Old 06-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Is there a charger with the features of the 16x5v6 such as IR measurement, memory slots partial charge, automatic cycling, voltage threshhold.
That is AC/DC. BTW what are the pros/cons of AC and of DC
Old 06-14-2003, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
Yeah, that is one nice thing about the GFX, is the graph, cant beat that part!!

Cypress - First of all, do you even have a Pro-Trak? Do not talk about it and give opinions on it, if you have never owned one, there is nothing worse than that. Also, yes the GFX is nice, so people witha GFX, im not putting you down, but Cypress, first of all most hobby shops dont carry the GFX, and it is not the same price, at a local hobby shop, would carry it for about 400 USD, the does not cost the same amount of cash, as you put it.
If you'd read my post, you'd see that I don't own one. And most of the LHS in my area stock GFX's. I'm sorry you live in an area where the shops are not as well stocked. I guess I take that for granted.

"I talked to phil at pro trak a couple of weeks ago price stateside is.Pro-Trak $299.00 motor run device $39.00 Post $35.00"

That is a direct quote from an earlier post by someone else. Now that appears to be right around $375, I've seen the GFX for $385 on a hobbystore's shelf! I'll drop the extra $10 to get my charger the same day.

I personally have never had to have ANY of my Competition Electronics equipment serviced, but I do know folks who've done upgrades and what not, and the turnaround from their service department is exceptional. I'm always leery about the turnaround time to ship something overseas for repair.

Now, You'll also note that I said I'm sure it's a fine product. I've seen them in use and even asked a few individuals about them and they all said they were great. I was voicing an opinion, and my opinion was based on the facts I presented. I didn't base my opinion on the quality or features of the Pro-Trak, but on availability, and what I see as a potential service issue.

Oh by the way, you don't have to have owned a YUGO to know that they sucked. Try actually reading posts to determine the basis of an individual's opinions before you lash out at them.

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 06-14-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Simple-- I stick with Competiton Electronics, Novak, Futaba, JR and KO Propo for all my electronics needs....why??? their reputation and service records...... Pay a little more for the best or pay alot more in the long run for the rest!!!!! I have experienced zero failure from there brands due to the equiptment....now due to my own stupidity...that's another story!!!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
Simple-- I stick with Competiton Electronics, Novak, Futaba, JR and KO Propo for all my electronics needs....why??? their reputation and service records...... Pay a little more for the best or pay alot more in the long run for the rest!!!!! I have experienced zero failure from there brands due to the equiptment....now due to my own stupidity...that's another story!!!!!
i agree, stick with the best and you get the best...
Old 06-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool

I have the Integy 16x3 and the Super brain 959...
Super brain gives "false peaks" and now I don't use it at all.
I paid $129 for the Integy and I have been very happy since...
Old 08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know when the Futaba will come out?
Old 08-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Barry White
Does anyone know when the Futaba will come out?
read the pages back, apparently Dave saw it at a LHS @ Japan..and its listed at 60k yen another guy said.

personally i use a Pulsar, it satisfy my needs for a much smaller sum as compared to CE products. and yes that 10A discharge is crap. but Pulsar is a very good initial investment, lifetime warranty

all i can say is that i see no need for CE for a beginner like me, i dont have the money to afford it and i dont want to carry that monster to the track
Old 08-18-2003, 05:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

To anyone who says there is no greatest charger of all time, I say you dont own a Turbo 35 GFX
Old 08-19-2003, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

I`m using the CS space charger, and it keeps me happy, really good charger, and it includes the space game Perfect when you are waiting for your pack to be ready!
Attached Thumbnails Best charger of all time?!-spacepro.jpg  
Old 08-19-2003, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
To anyone who says there is no greatest charger of all time, I say you dont own a Turbo 35 GFX
I don't know about that Randman, I'd like to have a GFX, but since my 12 year old Turbo30 is still in perfect working order, I'd have a real hard time justifying that purchase to myself.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

protrak hands down.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Pro Trak or Futaba. That's the question.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

The Yokomo charger on P1 of this thread looks nice... They must have a huge pile of SSG lying around to be using it on a charger!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.