Search

The One True 13.5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
staying with matched 6-cell packs...

how many teeth would i adjust my pinion by when going from a Co27 to a 13.5 brushless with sintered rotor (novak)?

Its gonna be happening soon, makin the jump to brushless. Cant wait hehe.

I ran somewhere in the 6.0 range with my co27

And went to 5.2, 5.1
Old 10-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

ive got the novak ss and want to shorten the sensor wire, is it possible to open up the motor and do desolder the wires cut them and re solder them back in. i dont want to start undoing the motor and then find its a waste of time

thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

its a waste of time. Don't even bother thinking about it. Just leave em long and wait till someone comes out with sensorless orr Novak makes their sensor harness plug in at the motor and the ESC.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skiv
ive got the novak ss and want to shorten the sensor wire, is it possible to open up the motor and do desolder the wires cut them and re solder them back in. i dont want to start undoing the motor and then find its a waste of time

thanks
Like said

You cant

You can cut them in the middle and re solder them, but that voids the warranty..... It isnt worth it

Orion, LRP, and a few others have removable wires though
Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can cut the sensor wire shorter, then crimp new connectors on.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by adamge
You can cut the sensor wire shorter, then crimp new connectors on.
That would work too

But still voids the warranty......
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Poor thread. :-(
Old 10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Let's get back on track.....

I hope the Halloween Classic meets the twenty entries for their exhibition class. It's supposed to be a 13.5/lipo/rubber tire/TC class. I plan to run that with my Novak 13.5 stuff. I look forward to seeing a variety of 13.5 stuff in action together. My home town mandates Novak goods. I may or may not have enough "wheel" to hang, but I hope I'm close enough to see how good the other stuff is. Should be fun.

I'm contemplating having the 13mm rotor. I like the the current feel and don't want too many tuning options to get bogged down with. I can go crazy with details and lose direction.

Ben
Old 10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sportpak
Let's get back on track.....

I hope the Halloween Classic meets the twenty entries for their exhibition class. It's supposed to be a 13.5/lipo/rubber tire/TC class. I plan to run that with my Novak 13.5 stuff. I look forward to seeing a variety of 13.5 stuff in action together. My home town mandates Novak goods. I may or may not have enough "wheel" to hang, but I hope I'm close enough to see how good the other stuff is. Should be fun.

I'm contemplating having the 13mm rotor. I like the the current feel and don't want too many tuning options to get bogged down with. I can go crazy with details and lose direction.

Ben
I know a racer at my track is a AWESOME driver, and he got the 13mm rotor, and geared his 13.5 to 3.9 FDR with a lrp heatsink fan, it didnt thermal, and was FASTER THEN HECK

So the 13 mm rotor can really go aways with gearing, too far
Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
I ran somewhere in the 6.0 range with my co27

And went to 5.2, 5.1

sorry im still a bit noobish when it comes to gear ratios. Are you giving me the number when you divide the teeth on the spur by the teeth on the pinion? How many teeth did you move up? That'd be easier for me to understand haha
Old 10-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

sorry im still a bit noobish when it comes to gear ratios. Are you giving me the number when you divide the teeth on the spur by the teeth on the pinion? How many teeth did you move up? That'd be easier for me to understand haha
http://www.gearchart.com/index.cfm?f...n=chart.create

Choose cyclone

Then put in your spur number, and your pinion number

And then you can choose start in the middle, beginning, or end

And then it will start the ratios

Learn to use it, it will come in BIG handy

But im not 100% sure on how you find the FDR, I just know gear chart does it for you lol

I moved up 8-10 teeth on the pinion IIRC, and dropped 2 on the spur
Old 10-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks...

but i have a Tc3, not a cyclone. Looking from what you orignally said though, seems like i have to go up 4 or 5 teeth to drop the ratio enough. Provides me with a starting point, so thanks again. Im not gonna want drop teeth on th spur but if i need to i will. I seen that website before, never thought much of it then my friend always carried a printout of his ratios in his box and i was like "that does make things easier" so glad you linked me. I printed the sheet haha.

but booo to having to tear open the diffs because im hearing a grinding sound. lol (gotta fix it before brushless, otherwise they'll just get destroyed).
Old 10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks...

but i have a Tc3, not a cyclone. Looking from what you orignally said though, seems like i have to go up 4 or 5 teeth to drop the ratio enough. Provides me with a starting point, so thanks again. Im not gonna want drop teeth on th spur but if i need to i will. I seen that website before, never thought much of it then my friend always carried a printout of his ratios in his box and i was like "that does make things easier" so glad you linked me. I printed the sheet haha.

but booo to having to tear open the diffs because im hearing a grinding sound. lol (gotta fix it before brushless, otherwise they'll just get destroyed).
My bad, I said cyclone because I have one lol

Same thing though

Just figure out how to use it, I didnt want to, but when I did, made life alot easier to keep track of gearing and all
Old 10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The oval guys are saying the 13mm rotor is slower in a 13.5 than the standard sintered rotor. I can't tell if that's the case or not, but I do prefer how it feels, at least in on-road. I think my rollout was 49-50mm with it. It brakes a little harder off throttle, so you'll transfer more weight forward. I was having trouble with oversteer if I got off the throttle too much.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The oval guys are saying the 13mm rotor is slower in a 13.5 than the standard sintered rotor. I can't tell if that's the case or not, but I do prefer how it feels, at least in on-road. I think my rollout was 49-50mm with it. It brakes a little harder off throttle, so you'll transfer more weight forward. I was having trouble with oversteer if I got off the throttle too much.
Did you gear up?

Going from 5.0 to 3.9 with the new rotor and LRP is pretty big

I think you could probably gear to 4.8 or so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.