Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Tamiya F103 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Sure can. And you can bend an aluminum axles too. But that's the trade off for a lighter weight axle. The steel axle that comes with the kit weights down the car, but odds are you'll hardly ever damage it.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 Series

UF1 Series starts this Sunday...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1/UF1_home.html
Old 03-31-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
... you can bend an aluminum axles too. But that's the trade off for a lighter weight axle ...
had a 3Racing aluminium axel and it bent after another car just touch it side-on. you can actually see the bend on it ... still have it in my tool box somewhere ... i am now running a carbon axel which is a lot better ...
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

can some one pm me a basic set up for ashpalt
Old 04-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am going to run my carpet setup and switch from the gold to silver spring up front. I might go down about 5wt on the shock oil.
I will be running trg super soft rubber.(on foams now)

I will let you know how it works out.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x
can some one pm me a basic set up for ashpalt
Most of the time I just switched tires and loosened up the t bar from carpet. HBR soft on all 4 corners or Med-f soft -r. This was a regular parking lot with grape soda down.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WANTED

new M type Tamiya body

money waiting for the right product

i have stickers , wings and new wheels/tyres ready for a BrawnGP car just no body after RCmushroom screwed me !!!!

HELP PLEASE
Old 04-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
new M type Tamiya body

money waiting for the right product

i have stickers , wings and new wheels/tyres ready for a BrawnGP car just no body after RCmushroom screwed me !!!!

HELP PLEASE
Try Much hobby it shows 1 left in stock.

http://muchhobby.net/shopping/catalo...p?cPath=55_198
Old 04-03-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Ok, I got my F103 out on the track for the first time today.....I am still learning onroad setups, and I have a question. When I give it full throttle quickly, turn quick to the right, or tap the brakes hard, the car spins out to the right. It's very obivious. It does not do it to the left. My diff is tightened just to the point to where the spur doesn'e slip. I am running the Tekin RS 21.5 setup. The car seems to balance pretty well left to right, so my question is, where is this spinout coming from? Do I need to adjust my diff, if so, which way? Or do I need to adjust the friction plate on top? Thanks in advance....what a blast to drive....
Old 04-04-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Rear wing help can you mount the rear wing from the jordan 191 bodyset which has wire wire posts to the f103 chassis if so has anyone got any pics
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jakeg1999
Ok, I got my F103 out on the track for the first time today.....I am still learning onroad setups, and I have a question. When I give it full throttle quickly, turn quick to the right, or tap the brakes hard, the car spins out to the right. It's very obivious. It does not do it to the left. My diff is tightened just to the point to where the spur doesn'e slip. I am running the Tekin RS 21.5 setup. The car seems to balance pretty well left to right, so my question is, where is this spinout coming from? Do I need to adjust my diff, if so, which way? Or do I need to adjust the friction plate on top? Thanks in advance....what a blast to drive....

1. Make sure the chassis isn't tweaked. Set it on a flat surface and lift the rear along the centerline with an exacto knife. Chances are good the right rear is coming up before the left. adjust tweak screws/electronics placement until they come up equally.

2. Check the front end to make sure one of your springs isn't compressed
Old 04-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BadSign
1. Make sure the chassis isn't tweaked. Set it on a flat surface and lift the rear along the centerline with an exacto knife. Chances are good the right rear is coming up before the left. adjust tweak screws/electronics placement until they come up equally.

2. Check the front end to make sure one of your springs isn't compressed
Cool thanks...I messed with it a little in front of my house yesterday by adjusting the diff a bunch and it still does it. It does seem to balance fairly well, and I did take a brief look at the rear end to see if it was uneven....I think I will just do as you suggest, and maybe start taking it a part and put it all back together. I was able to get the spin-out down quite a bit under excelloration, but if I just tap the breaks or apply drag brake the car, instantly spins out. It also turns much tighter in one direction over the other, and the linkages and transmitter settings are all even. I am starting to think that something is uneven.....Ok, newbie question here, I keep reading the word "tweak", and in this case the tweak screws. Can someone just briefly explain what tweak is and where these screws are? I imagine it's what it sounds like and it is the adjustment of the chassis in some way to try to get it flat...???? Thanks again...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Champion

Take off the front springs and make sure they are the same size. Sometimes one will "collapse", and become shorter than the other. Also make sure all the suspension parts move freely, under their own weight.

Most F103 cars are built without tweak screws. If everything is in good shape, you should have no problems with the car spinning to one side or being "tweaked"

Also, is this a brand new car? If it is used, there may be issues with the t bar being stressed.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

whare is the best place to buy a f-103/104 at?
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
Take off the front springs and make sure they are the same size. Sometimes one will "collapse", and become shorter than the other. Also make sure all the suspension parts move freely, under their own weight.

Most F103 cars are built without tweak screws. If everything is in good shape, you should have no problems with the car spinning to one side or being "tweaked"

Also, is this a brand new car? If it is used, there may be issues with the t bar being stressed.
Ok, I will.....I may just take most of the car apart and rebuild it. I did get it used, and it was stated to be and appears barely used. Other than the tires havin a couple small chunks out of the sides, the cars looks close to brand new. I am going to go through it though, especially the front springs. I will also put the t-plate on a flat surface and see if it's warped at all. I am planning to get the flexible one anyway. I think I am really going to like this car. I ran it at an onroad track the other day, and nobody there including myself had seen one run.....now they all want one....It was definately one of the coolest looking cars out there...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.