EP4200's

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
Suspended

Old 09-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Yo, johny come lately, this isnt a stupid thread. It just recently got personal and prior to that, some very vaild points were exchanged. You dont like it, be out.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
Suspended

Right. Because RCTech needs yet another thread discussing why LiPos should be legal.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Right. Because RCTech needs yet another thread discussing why LiPos should be legal.
Goes to show exactly how smart you are. The thread has zip to do with legalization of lipo. The thread is to question and scrutinize the 4200's coming out of China the same way lipos are. Chines lipos are suspect and it was originally asked why sub c's, with the current crop of problems that are popping up, havent been scrutinized as harshly as lipo. Oh, I guess one goes and the other turns into projectiles...you can duck and cover from sub c projectiles, but the thought of a fire is unacceptable. Get a clue.

MCSmooth is visiting every lipo thread I've been too lol. Damn, this dude is a stalker.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Goes to show exactly how smart you are. The thread has zip to do with legalization of lipo. The thread is to question and scrutinize the 4200's coming out of China the same way lipos are.
Give it a rest. Your whole point to this thread was to further your own LiPo agenda, and everyone can see that.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Give it a rest. Your whole point to this thread was to further your own LiPo agenda, and everyone can see that.
Um, no jackass. It was in response to another thread where I inquired about lipos that were not made by Kokam. They were slammed for being sub-par lipos made in China. I thought that if lipos made in China were "so crappy" and looked down on, then why not sub c's??? Before you speak to me, get the facts and put an eye on your lips and WATCH YOUR MOUTH!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Old 09-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

There is no one in this room that was present to monitor what he did, when he did it to either substantiate or repudiate his charging methods, ergo, I take his word for it. What reason does he have to lie? Can he get a refund for his troubles from airing grievances in a public forum? Does he stand to gain by "tarnishing" the cell distributor? Will get brownie points for pointing out the finicky charging habits one must adhere to when charging 4200's? ...............My point, thank you.

First of all there was someone present when vic was charging. Brad spoke to this person and got the full story about the long lockout being used (on more than 1 pack).

Second...there is nothing finicky about an ep cell. Step 1 discharge.....step 2 charge it.....step 3 use it. Sounds pretty simple!!!

This was user error......there is nothing left to argue about.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Suspended

Um, no jackass. It was in response to another thread where I inquired about lipos that were not made by Kokam. They were slammed for being sub-par lipos made in China. I thought that if lipos made in China were "so crappy" and looked down on, then why not sub c's??? Before you speak to me, get the facts and put an eye on your lips and WATCH YOUR MOUTH!
Best bet, simmer down and lets converse about the issue at hand, leaving personalities and finger wagging out of it!?!?!?!
Pot, meet kettle.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TexRacer
Sub C Cells-Been making these for years for R/C use and they have plenty of experience with them.
4200's=The reason these cells are so testy is the resistance is lower than EVER and the cell discharge's itself at a rapid pace. Care for them the right way and this wont happen. Hobbyshops need to TRAIN their people to explain these batteries more or have a print out made for each customer.

IB4200 experience-Build the pack,discharge it to .9 and then charge it the 1st time at 3-4 amps.Run it with a stock motor and be kind of easy on it.Your taking 6 cells that have NEVER been together and forcing them to be friends in a weird way.Let them get use to each other.
I charge them the 1st time at 3 amps,2nd time at 4,3rd time at 5 and then by the 4th charge im at 6 amps and keep it at 6 after this.
DO NOT USE A FAN WHILE CHARGING OR DISCHARGING 4200's.BIG NO NO!!!!! I have had about 60-70 packs of high quality 4200's with no issue's following this process.
Originally Posted by TexRacer

Lipo's-Biggest problem here is the consumers trying to CUT CORNERS like they always do.They will buy a 7.4 volt Lipo that is 10C,12C,or 15C rated which is not good enough for most of R/C CAR applications.They need to be 20C,25C rated to be used in R/C Cars.
People will find these cheap packs on ebay and try running them with ONLY problems occuring.
Now on reciever packs you can use the LOWER C rated packs but not to replace battery packs.
Plus alot of companies have years of experience with SUB C's and just a year or 2 with lipo's. They have to learn from mishaps and they are still learning.

I like both batteries and LOVE my IB4200's.When cared for they work great with NO grief whatsoever.

Les
You were saying Josh?

Originally Posted by Josh H
First of all there was someone present when vic was charging. Brad spoke to this person and got the full story about the long lockout being used (on more than 1 pack).

Second...there is nothing finicky about an ep cell. Step 1 discharge.....step 2 charge it.....step 3 use it. Sounds pretty simple!!!

This was user error......there is nothing left to argue about.
AGAIN< this is not only about EP cells! ITS ABOUT CELLS MADE IN CHINA BE THEY SUB C OR LIPO!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Pot, meet kettle.

You came in late, posting that stupid ish, and got at me. I took it personal because I started this thread and asked folks not to flame and refrain from personal attacks. You pissed me off with your "Johny come lately" placard, so I got at you. You read enough threads and saw some of my posts, it could get worse. Take it and run with it.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Suspended

You read enough threads and saw some of my posts, it could get worse. Take it and run with it.
Is this when the internet tough-guy stuff starts?

Let me get my popcorn.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bloodninja
Is this when the internet tough-guy stuff starts?

Let me get my popcorn.
Nope. I'm not going there. It actually started when Ass Toot was calling RMLW stupid, dumb and arrogant. But, no one said anything about that. Let that had been me, ohhhh boy!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default to josh

This person that was present may have thought that it was all packs but i did mah to one pack and only one. two let agian a whole team has to be involed to make one person quite. why is this. to dave we both know that mah was done on only one pack because the secound time it was used on that pack was after i had ran it and the discharge and eq and then did mah on that pack. brad are you going to come out and say how you treated me on the phone or not.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
GK
Suspended

It actually started when Ass Toot was calling RMLW stupid, dumb and arrogant...
Right, like you've never done that before, mr. nice guy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.