Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Common Sense RC 4400 Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry about that gordie, didnt mean to commandeer your thread. If joe over there would have read my first response to your cell question, this wouldnt have gone that far.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuzo
Sorry about that...

You can pick up a balancer but you won't use it often.

I haven't tried it but I'm hearing good things:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRWF8&P=7

I like that the leads are prewired.
I'm pretty sure it's a rebranded Hyperion LB6, which makes it pretty standard. I know Orion's version is, at least. It's nice they include the connector, and probably worth the extra money, as wiring the one for the Orion required some parts and the following of some vague instructions.

The balancer has a primitive interface with lots of blinking LED's that you have to follow, but it make sense once you get used to it, and works great. Two of my four Orion packs needed balancing.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Sorry about that gordie, didnt mean to commandeer your thread. If joe over there would have read my first response to your cell question, this wouldnt have gone that far.
No. it was where you started flinging poo:

I like Orion, they just dont offer more than 4800 and the mark-up is for the casing, period.
...and calling names.

You made a statement and I refuted it, then you got all righteous and put on your "proud bully" costume and started calling names. Don't blame the rest of us.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

You couldve gotten a Maxamps 6000 for that price. More Mah, more constant voltage and higher burst. For bullet-proofness, get the orion for an additional 40. The 10c output will get sucked dry by on-road applications.

THIS was my first response. Where did I say anything negative. You shouldnt have even commented because if you read my first post, I said get the Orion for an additional $40 bucks! I speak highly of Orions packs, but have no use for them because I use an MRC charger and they are not "compatible".

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
No. it was where you started flinging poo:

...and calling names.

You made a statement and I refuted it, then you got all righteous and put on your "proud bully" costume and started calling names. Don't blame the rest of us.
I didnt say I was a proud bully, but an arrogant prick. I said it was getting stale, lets leave it alone. YOU on the other hand wanted to keep it going by getting one last jab in :Turbo Joe Quote:

Originally Posted by bxpitbull [View]
This is getting stale.

Turbojoe
So is the bully act.

Instead of leaving it be, you post to be seen, further irritating the living crap out of me. People like you should be pushed in front of buses so those who actually enjoy a good debate can engage in banter. You sir, are a popinjay.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No problem. You guys have been answering my questions.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

I guess the "bx is getting picked on" act will be your new schtick...LOL...but the victimhood thing won't wear well when you go right back to the violent ideation and name-calling two lines later.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Hey slim, notice, many people have critiqued, but only you keep it going. I dont feel I am being picked on to say the least. Kuzo remarked, I have no beef with him. Syndrome commented, no beef with him. They recognize clearly what I said in my FIRST post and gave vaild points for Orion. They gave points of validity without slander. You on the other hand, want to side swipe and nitpick like the **fill in your insult** that you are. Had you read my first post, your comments directed at me may not have been made...they clearly have been unsubstantiated. So now, leave me alone already. Go away. Just because you live in a town called Corona doesnt mean you should drink soooo much of it before you post

Oh, for the record, you used the word "ideation"out of context.

Ideation is the process of forming and relating ideas. It is a concept utilized in the study of heuristic behavior, creativity, innovation, design thinking and concept development. Frequently used in describing thoughts of suicide, i.e. "suicidal ideation".[1]

Are you saying I am violently creative, violently innovative, violently conceptive in development or having thoughts of suicide? Maybe you should be careful before you post words you heard in passing and attempt to use them in debate. Using words past your day to day vernacular isnt very wise.

Last edited by bxpitbull; 08-27-2007 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

I guess direct quotes from you isn't enough substantiation for you. Ya got me on that one. You're right, I don't have video of you posting your threats, name-calling and insults...LOL

I've never said ANYTHING to or about you before. You said, "I like Orion, they just dont (sic) offer more than 4800 and the mark-up is for the casing, period." I took issue with that and added what I believe is another significant benefit to the Orion cells (the overload protection) and talked about how it had recently saved my chassis from being burned up when the ESC shorted out. You then commenced with the bully "schtick" and name-calling, which you subsequently said you were "proud" of.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Please point out where I have threatened you? Are you in NYC where I can reach out and touch you? No. So threats on the web are pointless and dumb. I did insult you and that was not an arduous task, relatively simple. You are like a diatom, a mere speck of insignificance that I have truly wasted too much time engaging in miscallaneous banter with. Away already. Maybe you should buy one of the packs named at the beginning of this thread and then exhibit some COMMON SENSE. Engaging with me is clearly out of your league. Stick to what you are good at..trolling and taking potshots, but quit when you can. The lack of stress will add years to your life, trust me.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Yep...pointless and dumb... Don't know why you persist in doing it, but alas, the universe is full of imponderables.

Please point out where I have threatened you? Are you in NYC where I can reach out and touch you? No. So threats on the web are pointless and dumb. I did insult you and that was not an arduous task, relatively simple. You are like a diatom, a mere speck of insignificance that I have truly wasted too much time engaging in miscallaneous banter with. Away already. Maybe you should buy one of the packs named at the beginning of this thread and then exhibit some COMMON SENSE. Engaging with me is clearly out of your league. Stick to what you are good at..trolling and taking potshots, but quit when you can. The lack of stress will add years to your life, trust me.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Yes, sort of like individuals who are intellectually challenged and insist on engaging with those who are mentally superior. Now, before you go and Wikipedia another word, please, let it go. I really dont want to embarass you any more.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, sort of like individuals who are intellectually challenged and insist on engaging with those who are mentally superior. Now, before you go and Wikipedia another word, please, let it go. I really dont want to embarass you any more.
I think I'll let the record speak for itself as to whether or not you're "intellectually superior" to me...LOL.

It's been my experience that intelligent and insightful people don't need to resort to name-calling, insults and threats to make a point.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default geeze

Some people need to name call and bully others to feel better about themselves, some people simply don't have the social manners to get along or communicate a point, and some people are just plain arrogant jerks. Each person can decide for themselves who is which. Questioning someone else's intelligence when the points they make are more logical, better organized, and better laid out than yours are just shows who you are, and no amount of name calling, bullying, or back tracking will change that.

The point about lipo's is simple: Lipo's need to be as durable as gp nimh 3300, require less maintenance and last longer. They need to justify their $70 price tag. The pack that comes closest is the orion/peak 3200. I am sure that many people have never hooked up a pack backwards, or shorted it out, or had a pack fly out of the car and dent (nimh.) The simple point of fact is that lipo's have a much higher concentration of energy and can deliver that energy much faster than nimh, hence some safety precautions and safety features need to be built into the lipo packs. Orion/Peak come the closest to this ideal. At this time, the only pack allowed at most tracks that allow lipo are the orion/peak packs. If you run other packs, too bad.

The only downside as some have mentioned is price, and capacity, BUT we use to race with 2000mah batteries in MOD, 3300mah in MOD, etc. A 3200 mah lipo pack is fine for most racing.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

A balancer is not strictly necessary but it's a good extra safety measure. Especially if you are going to be charging at 10 amps.

check this one out http://www.atsrcplanes.com/lba10_cell_balancer.htm

I've got the older LBA6 and it's been fine, no bling bling though
Old 08-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JevUK
I've got the older LBA6 and it's been fine, no bling bling though
No bling needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.