'open' application 'GM_Genius_Upgrader_1_0_3'
'browse'.......find this file '9716x_V111_02032010.bin'
leave everything as is, but check com port is correct
'program'....you should see a progress bar.....5% 20% 50%
before it reaches 99%, press the button on usb
when you see 100%, 'exit'
Old 04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

you need to push the button on the usb dongle once, as soon as the lower status bar starts running, and you need to have pushed before it reaches 99%, otherwise you will get an error message showing up saying processor not found
Old 04-17-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Graupner 13.5 Sport problems

Hello Martin,

I have the new GM 90 GenII speedo.
Until now i used the olde GM 13.5 motors with mode 9 and with your settings from the GM site. I am impressed by the driving, speed and power.
At our club i can still match up with the Tekins and the Mamba speedo's.. No problem!!

Now i recieved the New GM Pro 13.5 motors, that i tested yesterday. Looks good, feels a bit slower but is still as fast as the old one.

Is there a possibility to change the timing on the motor? I see a lot of holes..
An other club member changed the mechanical timing on the motor and used it with his tekin speedo.. He toasted his new motor in 2 packs!!

I also ordered the new Graupner Sport 13.5 motor.. also sent it back to Graupner because my sensors did not work, they say it works and i have it back. I tried it yesterday and still have problems with this motor. At the startup it stutters a bit and then the sensors shut down, it drives sensorless..
When i switch it of and on it does the same again.

After re-programming the speedo it looked better and i did 2 laps with sensors, then the car stopped at the straight and drove further without sensors.. What is wrong with this motor?? or my settings?
(also asked this question at the GM forum so Ralf can answer)
Do you ever had these problems yourself?

On the GM forum people think the motor has to much play on the rotor, even with the copper bushing. so maybe shimm it out?

Kind regards and freundliche Grussen,

Vincent
The Netherlands
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Martin

Need your advise please. I'm running last years GM 90 with 7.2 firmware and a 10.5 Novak Ballistic motor. Setting for the motor is on mode 8 with no additional changes.

Racing outdoors on a very large track with a ratio of 5.12. Gearing seems about right with the motor finishing at about 70 C (Noval recommended temp being 72 C).

Problem I'm getting is some cogging at two points on the track, which are the slowest corners. A friend suggested lowering the soft start setting to help the motor out at low revs. But the result was worse, the motor felt like it was stalling rather than cogging. Nasty.

I've also changed the timing on the motor. Retarding it by to clicks as suggested by Novak - this has help the cogging effect but not completely.

I'm assuming that changes to the settings on the speedo would help the problem. But I have no clue as to what to do. What would you recommend?
Old 04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My 7.2 hated the Novak both SS and Ballistic. Terrible cogging. Stopped completely with GM, SP and Trinity motors
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks John, i'll try to contact them hopefully they sell gm120 v2010

Originally Posted by John_S
here is the us importer
Graupner Agent, Hobby Lobby International
5614 Franklin Pike Circle
Tennessee 37027 Brentwood
Tel.: +1 615 373 1444
Fax: +1 615 377 6948
Email: [email protected]
Homepage: www.hobby-lobby.com

hope this helps
Old 04-18-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JonboyGB
Hi Martin

Need your advise please. I'm running last years GM 90 with 7.2 firmware and a 10.5 Novak Ballistic motor. Setting for the motor is on mode 8 with no additional changes.

Racing outdoors on a very large track with a ratio of 5.12. Gearing seems about right with the motor finishing at about 70 C (Noval recommended temp being 72 C).

Problem I'm getting is some cogging at two points on the track, which are the slowest corners. A friend suggested lowering the soft start setting to help the motor out at low revs. But the result was worse, the motor felt like it was stalling rather than cogging. Nasty.

I've also changed the timing on the motor. Retarding it by to clicks as suggested by Novak - this has help the cogging effect but not completely.

I'm assuming that changes to the settings on the speedo would help the problem. But I have no clue as to what to do. What would you recommend?
the best solution would be to update to V8.0

much more power and I'm pretty sure there won't be any cogging anymore

as for motor timing, just leave it ... the factory settings on the motors are what they are meant to be like when used with the gm speedo
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the reply Martin.

If I was to get a GM motor (instead of the Novak) would I still get cogging?
Old 04-19-2010, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

It won't stutter ofcourse but saying it as it is, you will never in any case be competetive without V8 or V11 on the new speedo

the difference is far too big
Old 04-19-2010, 05:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi, I have GM Genius 120 #7168 firmware 4.9 (2009) and want to upgrade to the latest firmware. If the difference is large for the new GII, I'd like to update v8.0, I think it's the latter for my esc?. If I do, the new firmware has program 9?
What are my possibilities?
There is possibility to update via USB cable. Why does not Gm makes available the software to upgrade.
If I have to send to the GM, how long does it take to have my esc again?

Thanks
Nelson
Old 04-19-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Understood thanks.

Do you know if its possible to get an upgrade in the UK or is it Germany only?

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
It won't stutter ofcourse but saying it as it is, you will never in any case be competetive without V8 or V11 on the new speedo

the difference is far too big
Old 04-19-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Addict

Firmware updates are only possible through gm directly.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Updates for older ESC's are back to Germany, newer (V10.2+) can be done by the user.

I understand correctly that V8 for older speedo has all the good settings for stock that the Gen 2 has, but without the feature to further upgrade or any of the telemetry stuff.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Problem with gen 2 esc

Hi guys upgraded from the gen1 GM120 to the gen2 GM120 and upgraded the firmware to 11.1 all is good... the new modes that are pre set seem much better than older profiles. I have been using standard mode 9 for my new GM 10.5 motor with no issue's untill now..

I am having a real annoying intermittent starting issue from the line, I drop the car on the track drive it round to the line and wait for the race to start say 30-60 seconds. When I hit the throttle to accelerate away the car has gone dead, the steering and all the fans are still working but the esc is showing a pulsing yellow light and will not go until pushed firmly.

I have spoken with many people to resolve this issue including GM team drivers and nobody can fix the problem.

Here is a list of things I have tried:

Lowering the soft start value
Turning on the rpm switching point and lowering to 5000 and raised to 20,000
Lowering the voltage from auto lipo setting down to 6.0volts
Trying other motors and sensor leads & shimmed the rotor closer to sensors
Using other modes
Factory re-setting the esc
Changed recievers, Lipo's & servo's just in case

It also seems that this only happens when the lipo is fully charged, can't recall it happening any other time.

Thanks for any help.

Paul
Old 04-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by blue247carz

I am having a real annoying intermittent starting issue from the line, I drop the car on the track drive it round to the line and wait for the race to start say 30-60 seconds. When I hit the throttle to accelerate away the car has gone dead, the steering and all the fans are still working but the esc is showing a pulsing yellow light and will not go until pushed firmly.

Paul
Paul - reflash the firmware and do a factory reset - mine did exactly this and was only cured after i asked Mr Hofer and reloaded the firmware!

(see the post 1389 on this thread)

Hope this helps
Toby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.