Wiki Posts
Search

Local Racing Fees

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Our tracks haven't hit that rate yet but when you figure around here you get to practice and race 12 or 13 hours thats a bargain. At the dirt track we run from 11:00 or 12:OO to midnight or later. And at the indoor track from 12:00 to 10:00 or 11:00. Thats like 2.00 per hour. Not bad.
Thongs have changed over the years. We should expect to pay a little more even if we don't like it.
Well I show up at about 4 pm, and we race till about 11 pm... If we would run 3 heats and a main, that would go past midnite, But there a class just for kids now in 18r alone.... So I mean, its the best with what we have

Originally Posted by Leodis
I just had to quote this before you edited it.
LOL I would of if you didnt

All thongs aside, I'd throw down $20 to race. Heck, I'd even throw down $50 if it guaranteed having a good turnout every time I showed up to race, but it doesn't really matter what junkies like me would pay. It's all about the next generation of racers. That's all I can say without going off-topic...

Yeah, with all the thongs I have at teh race track, 20 bucks isnt bad at all IMO
Old 08-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One thing i forgot to mention about my clubs track and maybe we should be using it as a marketing tool...... We have 2 strip clubs within a 2 minute walk from the track.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
One thing i forgot to mention about my clubs track and maybe we should be using it as a marketing tool...... We have 2 strip clubs within a 2 minute walk from the track.
For those of us (me) who are 14, I think my parents would rather drive the hour to go race if that was advertised LOL
Old 08-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Redline Rc in Marion Illinois just built an outdoor facility for 1/8 scale nitro offroad racing.
We charge 10 dollars on wednedays for members and non-members.
On Saturday we charge 15 for non-members and 12 for members.

That price includes about 2 hours of practice, at least 2 quals, and a main.
The membership is 40 dollars but we havent had one complaint about prices.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just had to quote this before you edited it.
I guess its to late know.
Oh man. Thats funny. I guess I'm the butt of that one. Cheez.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Lord

All thongs aside, I'd throw down $20 to race. Heck, I'd even throw down $50 if it guaranteed having a good turnout every time I showed up to race, but it doesn't really matter what junkies like me would pay. It's all about the next generation of racers. That's all I can say without going off-topic...
Your just rubbing it in now.
How much to edit your quote.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Your just rubbing it in now.
How much to edit your quote.
LOL
Old 08-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
Yeah, with all the thongs I have at teh race track, 20 bucks isnt bad at all IMO
I see you weren't a loss for words either.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Rookie

At the club i go to its $5 per class. We run it on a netball court and we bring our own power and table. We set out and pack up the track as well so i think it a very reasonable price.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default price to race

The discussion seems to always focus around how many racers will stop coming if you raise the entry fee by $5. If what most say is accurate, racers spend $30 on tires + consumables + brushes, etc (for brushed racing) = $40 plus per club race day on consumables. In addition to the $600 + they have in their cars, and the $$$ thousands they have in rc gear.

It seems the issue is not the extra $5 on top of everything else, it is the everything else. Spending $30 on tires that you run for 1 race day is simply too much. LIPO and brushless have reduced the cost of motors and batteries in the long term, so the only thing left is the tires. There are obviously longer wearing rubber and foam compounds, but the tradeoff is traction. If everyone has the same tires, that issue is moot.

The problem in general with the cost of racing is the consumables, not the entry fee. Unfortunately, most rc racers follow the herd, so if the "fast guys" use 3 run tires, so will everyone else. The problem is that a lot of the fast guys get their tires free, or at a discount, so having to continuously get new tires is not a problem for them, it is a problem for those that buy tires at retail when they look over how much they have spent.

On road tc problems are not the $5 additional race fees, they are with the other costs associated with racing the class.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billjacobs
On road tc problems are not the $5 additional race fees, they are with the other costs associated with racing the class.
To take that a step further. I think people think the mark-up on RC stuff is a lot more then it really is. The mark-up isnt all that big on things like tires but some people think "This guy is making $15-$20 per set of tires I purchase plus they want to raise the race fees on me!". So they get disgruntled, not realizing they might only make $5 (not including the overhead they pay on that).

I agree on the tires. At WoH they stocked tires with the most fragile rims I had ever seen. One hit and they broke. The new guys expect to get several weekends out of their foams and that just wasnt happening. Talk about frustrating for a newbie. I must have seen about 50 different people show up for just one or two weekends. In my opinion these three things will go a long way to help on-road:

- Inexpensive (yet durable) lipo batteries and chargers (and allowing them)
- Inexpensive (yet durable) brushless motors and ESCs (include them in RTRs)
- A switch to rubber tires on carpet.

I think with these then $20 race fees would seem more then reasonable. If I knew it was just $20 + parts to race (plus tires every month or two) then I think people would see that as the best deal.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Bottom line,.......... You go to the Movies at $10 to 12.50 a pop and 2 tickets for $25.00 for your Mate. And there is no guarantee the Movie is going to be good............

......... You go racing and your at the track all day for $20.00 and your Mate stays home.................. Awesome deal!!

........... Pay the price, and come out and race!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The whole race fee thing just cracks me UP .It is amazing to me that people who spend THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on equiptment will complain about a five dollar increase to help the place where they get the use of all the same equiptment keep its doors open.The bottom line is if you are paying $20-$25 for race fees where else can you go for 5-10 hours and have a blast.Here in NY you cant even go to the movies with your kids or girl for that and at its best thats 2 /12 hours.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Bottom line,.......... You go to the Movies at $10 to 12.50 a pop and 2 tickets for $25.00 for your Mate. And there is no guarantee the Movie is going to be good............

......... You go racing and your at the track all day for $20.00 and your Mate stays home.................. Awesome deal!!

........... Pay the price, and come out and race!
DAMN I type to slow!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sns820
DAMN I type to slow!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.