Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Securing Trakpower to TA05MS

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Securing Trakpower to TA05MS

Guys i'm having trouble with securing my trakpower lipos to the TA05MS chassis...any ideas would be much appreciated. Trouble is the battery holders in the ta05ms looks like it isnt designed for lipos...its got rounded off sides to fit rounded cells...i had to remove all 4 of the battery holders just so my lipo would even FIT!! now its left hanging RIGHT ON THE EDGE....next challenge is the secure it to the chassis....do u know any types of brackets that are used to secure lipos to their chassis???
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andy85
Guys i'm having trouble with securing my trakpower lipos to the TA05MS chassis...any ideas would be much appreciated. Trouble is the battery holders in the ta05ms looks like it isnt designed for lipos...its got rounded off sides to fit rounded cells...i had to remove all 4 of the battery holders just so my lipo would even FIT!! now its left hanging RIGHT ON THE EDGE....next challenge is the secure it to the chassis....do u know any types of brackets that are used to secure lipos to their chassis???
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

you gunna have to tape the battery down, or else you can make you own bracket to hold the battery in place
Old 08-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

similar to the Xray. i removed all the battery holders and just taped the pack to the chassis. no problems so far, even with around 85grams of lead stuck on the pack itself.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you want, try cutting or shaving off the round edges of the batt holder and make it look like a corner so that you could use it for your lipo packs...

Hope this helps...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Heh. At first sight, i thought that was gold ingot
Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've read somewhere that you can actually find thin lead weights and stick them to the bottom of your lipo brick pack where they will line up perfectly with the chassis sub-c battery slots. This will simulate the "sunk" part of sub-C packs in the chassis and provide some stability from it sliding around. You then tape the lipo pack as you would a sub-C pack to the chassis. Where to find these thin lead weights? I don't know.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Cool
I've read somewhere that you can actually find thin lead weights and stick them to the bottom of your lipo brick pack where they will line up perfectly with the chassis sub-c battery slots. This will simulate the "sunk" part of sub-C packs in the chassis and provide some stability from it sliding around. You then tape the lipo pack as you would a sub-C pack to the chassis. Where to find these thin lead weights? I don't know.
Nexus Racing - http://www.nexusracing.net/
Old 08-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use tape to secure the orion 4800 platinum lipo on the chassis. The leads under the battery are OK as well, however if you have more than one type of chassis (like me) they could be a problem to align... and they don't eliminate the need of the tape... another alternative is to use the battery posts that came with the chassis and tape the lipo on the battery brace instead to the chassis...

nevertheless, always put a slice of transparent adhesive (thin rubber foam works better if you manage to get it) over the area between the battery slots, otherwise you will damage you shiny carbon fiber chassis...
Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default TA05MS battery holders!

If you place the 4800 Lipo nicely between front and rear slots for battery holders, you can use them. Just center lipo, tape battery through those slots(one time at each end). Now the pack is secure, go back and install the front and rear battery holders with screw from bottom of chassis. It is snug in slot, but it will pull down into slot. Now the battery won't move front or back and the tape basically secures the lipo inside to out.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

awsome inputs guys...thanks for the suggestions. i think the best choice 4 me is tape =] strong enough n also light weight =]