Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by DavidAlford
I've got one of these cars with a L4 front end for sale. I got it from a friend but decided 12th scale wasnt for me. Its been used very little. Comes with a good set of foams. $155 shipped.
You have pics? I might need to take the parts off it If i need them. LMK

Jon
Old 01-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Heres a pic
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica-mvc-035s.jpg  
Old 01-06-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Another
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica-12thback.jpg  
Old 01-09-2005, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Okay the second weekened of trying the Hara and its SWEEEETTTT!. I fixed the steering/servo problems and man its nice now. Still needs a few little touch ups and right now its flying. I got a clubrace today and we'll see how i do today.

I'll keep you posted. and if any updated pics i'll show.

Jon
Old 01-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Good Luck Jd! After playing around for a little while I think you will agree with me the car is pretty fast! It has alot of steering with rear end plant.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by 429racer
Good Luck Jd! After playing around for a little while I think you will agree with me the car is pretty fast! It has alot of steering with rear end plant.
Well the club race didnt go as planned because not many showed up. But Overall the CAR WAS HOOKEED!!!!! super quick now. I love it! I am getting maddd ripp and the car is planted and i have nothing bad to say about it.

Jon
Old 01-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Unhappy i need help for setup my hammer 12

Hi does anyone know how to setup hammer 12! i am new to hammer 12. i hav no idea how to make standard setup for my hammer 12. does anybody know? thanks
Old 01-16-2005, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JD, question for ya... do you have to really tweak down on the tweak screw (pinion side) to get the car to tweak out right? Mine does that. But it handles just fine. Awesome car though.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KilRuf
JD, question for ya... do you have to really tweak down on the tweak screw (pinion side) to get the car to tweak out right? Mine does that. But it handles just fine. Awesome car though.
Ya thats what i have noticed. They are down pretty low into the piece above the springs, but it performs great.

Jon
Old 01-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JDXray, and Kilruf;

I'm glad to hear the positive response about this car....I just bought one..

Question for you though; Has your experience been on carpet or asphalt? I will be running this car only on carpet, and am hopefull that it will perform well.

Also, where do you guys get parts from? (Are there different rates available for the side springs?)

Thanks.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by biker
JDXray, and Kilruf;

I'm glad to hear the positive response about this car....I just bought one..

Question for you though; Has your experience been on carpet or asphalt? I will be running this car only on carpet, and am hopefull that it will perform well.

Also, where do you guys get parts from? (Are there different rates available for the side springs?)

Thanks.
Ya i just came back from the track today, and all i can say is that it gets faster and faster everyday! As for your parts question, if you need any parts for a front end you can get it anywhere (AE,Trinity,Yokomo) as for the actually hara parts you probably could get it from stormerhobbies, but i havent broken anything that was part of the hara conversion itself and i dont think i will. As for springs i still got to look into getting different ones but these ones that come with it are great.

Things i have noticed:
The manual is alittle difficult
some of the screws dont fit in certain spots
Take your time, as for chassis prep, building etc.
Definitly going to need lowered bulkheads, so you can run your wheels to nothing
Always have a good set of foams so you can be consistant with the setup.
Play around with the front setups (one at a time)

Other than take the car is GREAT!!! I am glad i got one.

Jon

PS: will post updated pics!!

Overall UPdated for todays run:
As i said before, the runs just kept on getting better and better! I couldnt believe how fast i was going now, i was starting to get up to A main quality. (I am already 1/12th A main qualifer, but never really finish)

Yesterday (Sunday)- I had an okay day with the car, i finished 2-3 qualifers and placed 5th i believe in A main. As mains came around, right off the start it was QUICK!! and i boosted up to 3rd in a matter of seconds as 3rd and 4th got hung up. So as i was in 3rd for about 2-3mins of the race and catching 2nd, until i kept on making the same mistake right before the chicane which took my axle out so i didnt get to finish. It was good practice for next week, because it is a trophy race next week for me.

Today (monday-MKL Day)- Car was crazy fast on the first run. Second run i got hung up with some others and cracked a rear rim. So i had to get some new tires (parmas) and cut them and run those. 3rd run it was flawless i dont think i hit a board for a while. 4th run i got some of the faster guys to come on the track with me and play around with them alittle and get there lines down and how they do it.

Overall the rollout i have on it is great. 96t/28t monster, i get great punch outta the corners and nice topend to pull away.

Next for me is to get the motor business straighten out, i need to really start to clean my motors almost every run or 2. My stock Monster was fast today but needs alittle something.

Last edited by JDXray; 01-17-2005 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

As promised... For some reason my pic hosting thing does work so i have to use attachments...

I decided to get some blue off the car and go with the LRP theme... Blue, Red, Black.

Jon
Attached Thumbnails 1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica-hara.jpg  
Old 01-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Attached Thumbnails 1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica-hara2.jpg  
Old 01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Attached Thumbnails 1/12 RS12G Atsushi Hara Replica-hara3.jpg  
Old 01-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

What kit am i best using for to put a hammer conversion on? I noticed on haras cars he has a purple damper and purple pod plates? Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.