Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

So, was supposed to practice with the DB12RR but servo saver broke... Big National event here in SA next weekend so hopefully will get a practice before... Does anyone know what gearing to use with 3.5T - 4.0T X12 motor on asphalt running lipo and 200mAh receiver pack any help... I have heard people have runtime issues???

Thanks

Old 01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

Just want to give you the results from the Snowbirds. This year we only had 1 guy representing BMI. We didnt want to put a big push on the big race manufacturer muscle flex so we decided to just do testing. Michael Abraira ran our new prototype 1/12th that has been optimized for the lighter weight of lipo. He also ran our World GT car with some prototype parts. I built the 1/12th car and sent it to him as he was leaving for the race. Without ever running the car, managed to put it 3rd overall in contolled practice. In World GT he put the DB10R 4th overall in controlled practice.

Once racing started, he ran into a few problems such as round 1, his body rubbed the tires and sliced them up. Wheelwells were too small but still managed to put it in the B main qualifier. Round 2 he was on pace to put the car in the top 5 and got blown off the track but still managed to up his position. 3rd qual, he forgot to plug in his receiver pack so he pulled it and in the 4th qual got a good run with a few bobbles but wound up in the top of the B main.

In the B main, his car was on fire. His laps were fast enough to put him in the top 5 but ran into slower traffic and got punted. His fast lap in the main was 11.4 which was right on par with the top 3 in the A main. Not bad for a guy who races 3-4 times a year and with a prototype car he ran for the first time. The car worked extremely well. We have now tackled and were able to overcome the high levels of rear traction that we struggled with at the big races. We were able to free the rear of the car up at will and actually had to dial steering out of the car. Overall, the car far exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely amazing how well it ran with minimal time to find a decent setup. The new suspension geometry is ideal for the lighter weight of the lipo battery. I will post some pics shortly.

In World GT, he was in the top 10 all week and finished 4th overall. We had a few weeks of testing with the new parts for this car so we went in with more of a baseline setup. I am proud to see both cars do so well. Mike did a hell of a job all week working with me on the new car and wheeling both of them. A big thanks goes out to him. congrats buddy, you did great.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

Nice work man, Im very glad the cars did well prop's to ya Bro.

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

Just want to give you the results from the Snowbirds. This year we only had 1 guy representing BMI. We didnt want to put a big push on the big race manufacturer muscle flex so we decided to just do testing. Michael Abraira ran our new prototype 1/12th that has been optimized for the lighter weight of lipo. He also ran our World GT car with some prototype parts. I built the 1/12th car and sent it to him as he was leaving for the race. Without ever running the car, managed to put it 3rd overall in contolled practice. In World GT he put the DB10R 4th overall in controlled practice.

Once racing started, he ran into a few problems such as round 1, his body rubbed the tires and sliced them up. Wheelwells were too small but still managed to put it in the B main qualifier. Round 2 he was on pace to put the car in the top 5 and got blown off the track but still managed to up his position. 3rd qual, he forgot to plug in his receiver pack so he pulled it and in the 4th qual got a good run with a few bobbles but wound up in the top of the B main.

In the B main, his car was on fire. His laps were fast enough to put him in the top 5 but ran into slower traffic and got punted. His fast lap in the main was 11.4 which was right on par with the top 3 in the A main. Not bad for a guy who races 3-4 times a year and with a prototype car he ran for the first time. The car worked extremely well. We have now tackled and were able to overcome the high levels of rear traction that we struggled with at the big races. We were able to free the rear of the car up at will and actually had to dial steering out of the car. Overall, the car far exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely amazing how well it ran with minimal time to find a decent setup. The new suspension geometry is ideal for the lighter weight of the lipo battery. I will post some pics shortly.

In World GT, he was in the top 10 all week and finished 4th overall. We had a few weeks of testing with the new parts for this car so we went in with more of a baseline setup. I am proud to see both cars do so well. Mike did a hell of a job all week working with me on the new car and wheeling both of them. A big thanks goes out to him. congrats buddy, you did great.

Thanks,
Jason
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Last edited by AdamD; 01-31-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Wrong account
Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Borrowed my buddies laptop...sorry about the above post.....

anyhow, just got in after enduring the oval mains...LOL!

I would like to thank Jason and BMI Racing for the opportunity to represent the company and for allowing me to race a great product. As Jason said we decided to make this event a kind of test and tune and it worked out much, much, much better than we anticipated.

The Proto 12th was dialed in right from the beginning, requiring only a few small setup changes, unfortunately I ran into a few issues but the car was right on pace to be in contention for the A-main.

The WGT car had some prototype parts we were testing and it was also very good from day one. The bite came up a bit during the week and due to my lack of practice on carpet, I couldn't make the changes necessary to keep up with the bite.

Thankfully, Jason showed up on Saturday and went over my car and he made sure it was all square and true. I made a few suggestions regarding the setup and we went with them. Results speak for themselves, as I was able to finish 4th just out of the podium.

Thanks again BMI!!

If you guys have any questions I will do my best to come on the thread and answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:36 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So when will we get to see some of these new hot parts?
Old 01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
So when will we get to see some of these new hot parts?
Jason will post them soon. I just got back from the race....be patient young grasshoppa'!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Borrowed my buddies laptop...sorry about the above post.....

anyhow, just got in after enduring the oval mains...LOL!

I would like to thank Jason and BMI Racing for the opportunity to represent the company and for allowing me to race a great product. As Jason said we decided to make this event a kind of test and tune and it worked out much, much, much better than we anticipated.

The Proto 12th was dialed in right from the beginning, requiring only a few small setup changes, unfortunately I ran into a few issues but the car was right on pace to be in contention for the A-main.

The WGT car had some prototype parts we were testing and it was also very good from day one. The bite came up a bit during the week and due to my lack of practice on carpet, I couldn't make the changes necessary to keep up with the bite.

Thankfully, Jason showed up on Saturday and went over my car and he made sure it was all square and true. I made a few suggestions regarding the setup and we went with them. Results speak for themselves, as I was able to finish 4th just out of the podium.

Thanks again BMI!!

If you guys have any questions I will do my best to come on the thread and answer them to the best of my knowledge.
Awesone drive in both classes man! You have to be a wheel to run with those guys in the A's and you were there all week in both classes.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Great job Butter! Can't wait to see these new parts
Old 02-01-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Lord

here are some pics of the new parts. There will be a full conversion kit for a cheap price so dont be worried.
Attached Thumbnails BMI's DB12R-cimg0851.jpg  
Old 02-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Tech Lord

We are shooting for a release date at the end of this month. I will keep you guys posted. More pics to come
Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 AM

Jason,

From the above pic I have a couple questions:

1. Looks like the chassis will be heavier (less cut outs)?

2. No O-Ring hold down for the LiPo?

The Pod looks largely the same (except hot pink! ) And not going to the R5 front end (which is very easy to get into a long arm configuration like the CRC front end, and I find to be better in almost every way).

Cant wait for more pics, info
Old 02-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
2. No O-Ring hold down for the LiPo?
It looks like the side plates are just the flex plates, not the side braces that go over the flex plates so, there isn't a place to put the o-ring. Fine with me, I don't use it anyway.

Please, no pink! Ughh!!
Old 02-01-2010, 07:11 AM

I do use the O-Ring to keep my batt in the car and it works great. Not going back to tape
Old 02-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Yo Jason,

Car looks hot!!! Nice job!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.