Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ETA on the new flex plates, and lower rear motor pod plate? I need to order both very soon as I have a few other things i need to get ordered and I am waiting on one big one to save on the 9$ shipping.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Actually... its a bit weird, seems as if every kit is out of stock at BMI, and most CF parts are out of stock...

Materials shortage? A bad sign of the times? A good sign of the times (they are flying off the shelf!), Jason whats up?

I sent a few people to your store a last week to get info and pricing for a 1/12th they wanted to order but they came up empty as everything was out of stock.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Actually... its a bit weird, seems as if every kit is out of stock at BMI, and most CF parts are out of stock...

Materials shortage? A bad sign of the times? A good sign of the times (they are flying off the shelf!), Jason whats up?

I sent a few people to your store a last week to get info and pricing for a 1/12th they wanted to order but they came up empty as everything was out of stock.
I spoke to Jason on the phone yesterday.

Turns out Jason's supplier was out of carbon fiber cuz the carbon fiber supplier was out of some of the raw material used to make the carbon fiber cuz the carbon fiber's supplier was out of the raw materials used in making the satin finish possible. Whew.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK Guys I finally wrote my setup down from the Halloween Classic. Its still a work in progress as this was my first time running 1 cell and the track was extremely bumpy.

Front:
BMI .020 springs #3 surelube on pins
6 deg castor
5 deg blocks
Long upper arm
1 deg camber
servo angled in forward pos.
0 toe
Parma Magenta tire cut to 1.60
3.5mm ride height

Rear:
New Carbon Flex plates, long position, no screws
50 wt in Silva shock w/ blue spring
Corally tall ball stud in rear most pos.
#4 surelube in tubes
3.5mm ride height
1.5mm pod droop
Parma Grey tire cut to 1.70

Parma Speed 8 HD light body

I think thats about it. Car was really easy to drive and was pretty much unaffected by the bumps. If there's anything I missed let me know.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have been waiting on my supplier for carbon fiber. They had a hard time getting the film used to make the material satin finish. They said i will have my panels by wednesday so we will be back on track. Sorry for the delay. The carbon fiber flex plates material is in this order so everything will be in stock next week.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Jason, ygpm
Old 11-06-2009, 04:53 PM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -showtime-
OK Guys I finally wrote my setup down from the Halloween Classic. Its still a work in progress as this was my first time running 1 cell and the track was extremely bumpy.

Front:
Long upper arm

Rear:
Corally tall ball stud in rear most pos.

I think thats about it. Car was really easy to drive and was pretty much unaffected by the bumps. If there's anything I missed let me know.
how long is a 'long upper arm'? are you adding a shim between the lower arm and caster block?

could you give a measurement for the 'tall' stud? (like top of ball to chassis surface?

thanks for the info, tony
Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Greg,

Thanks for the setup info! On your shock - are you using the 2-hole or the 3-hole piston with that setup? I've been running 25wt with the blue spring/2-hole piston and that's probably a bit to light.

Aaron
Old 11-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
how long is a 'long upper arm'? are you adding a shim between the lower arm and caster block?

could you give a measurement for the 'tall' stud? (like top of ball to chassis surface?

thanks for the info, tony
For the long arm I cut the top off of a spare caster block and used that as a shim between the lower arm and the block.

Top of ball to chassis is 1.08"

Originally Posted by VRacing
Greg,

Thanks for the setup info! On your shock - are you using the 2-hole or the 3-hole piston with that setup? I've been running 25wt with the blue spring/2-hole piston and that's probably a bit to light.

Aaron
I just used the piston that came with the shock originally, don't remember if it's 2 or 3 hole. Ineed to get some of the option pistons that Jason made so I can play with them. 25wt sounds pretty light for the Silva shock.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:20 AM
avs
Tech Master

For the long arm I cut the top off of a spare caster block and used that as a shim between the lower arm and the block.

Top of ball to chassis is 1.08"

I just used the piston that came with the shock originally, don't remember if it's 2 or 3 hole. Ineed to get some of the option pistons that Jason made so I can play with them. 25wt sounds pretty light for the Silva shock.
thanks, i will try these changes next week. the bmi pistons have smaller holes, so 25 and 35 wt in the bmi 2 and 3 pistons are similiar to 55 with the silva 2hole piston
Old 11-08-2009, 06:28 AM
avs
Tech Master

Has anybody else had a problem with reverse coning on the front tires?
(the front tire wearing faster on the outside)

in 1/8 scale, camber is usually adjusted to maintain even wear across the front tire, but i am almost maxed out on camber at 1.5 degrees already.

i would like to try less camber for more control on turn in, and solve the tire wear in some other way.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Jason, ygpm
Mr Ivy, Great run yesterday at Horsham. DB12RR was flying. It was good to see BMI finish 1 and 2 in the main.

Hope to see you up there next week.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRW141
Mr Ivy, Great run yesterday at Horsham. DB12RR was flying. It was good to see BMI finish 1 and 2 in the main.

Hope to see you up there next week.
hey congrats guys! ive been busy at work and putting an engine in my fiancee car but my 1/12th is ready to go and i will be at the track shortly
Old 11-08-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey ivy what spur gear are you using for 1 cell 13.5
Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks again Greg. The piston in the RR kit is the BMI 2-hole. I'll move the fluid weight up the scale a ways and experiment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.