Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
I can't believe R/C's can't get on TV When__ can. >

I can't believe R/C's can't get on TV When__ can.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

there is a british show on which is good and I too watch www.rctvlive.com
it is nice because i never miss it.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ginsu- if your missed rctvlive it wouldn't be a show!I was ammazed to see this on tv and the the two announcers especally the one guy that was the expert giving tips.I guess I should go to the next RPS event?
JSpeed nice try again- I'm not for money racing .There are other ways.Look at all the other forms of real motorsports- do you see all the stands full of people- no.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

rock paper scissors...? LOL looks like life imitates art *Dodgeball* cough cough
Old 07-15-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

i guess they need to fill those TV times with something
Old 07-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hpipro321
i guess they need to fill those TV times with something
Why not RC?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I remember watching paintball on television twice, at different times and different styles. That has to be the most boring thing in the world to watch. I'm sure it's fun to play but watching it is a snore.

Rock, paper, scissors would probably be more interesting to watch than paintball to watch.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by annie_himself
Why not RC?
Someone needs to PAY for the spot... Someone obviously PAID for the rock, paper scissors to be on... Tell ROAR or RC Pro series they should be spending the money to televise races... That'll go over real well...

How many of you watched Inside RC???
Old 07-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

BTW.. Dubro was the company who footed the bill for Inside RC...
Old 07-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Scrabble Championships on ESPN. Yup.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Someone needs to PAY for the spot... Someone obviously PAID for the rock, paper scissors to be on... Tell ROAR or RC Pro series they should be spending the money to televise races... That'll go over real well...

How many of you watched Inside RC???
ROAR, RCCA, RC Pro, Losi, AE, and other should sponsor a show on TV. It would give RC the exposure it needs.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
I remember watching paintball on television twice, at different times and different styles. That has to be the most boring thing in the world to watch. I'm sure it's fun to play but watching it is a snore.

Rock, paper, scissors would probably be more interesting to watch than paintball to watch.
Paintball is boring to watch, competition PB anyway, the problem isn't only someone sponsoring it, the reality of RC racing is that it's REALLY expensive, $130 for a battery, $500 for a car, $200 for a charger god knows what else, it gets to be a huge tab for what most people essentially think of as a toy.

When all the good companies get realistic, and stop selling exclusively in hobby shops, but in toy shops as well, you'll see how the hobby will get a lot more exposure.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Havoxx
Paintball is boring to watch, competition PB anyway, the problem isn't only someone sponsoring it, the reality of RC racing is that it's REALLY expensive, $130 for a battery, $500 for a car, $200 for a charger god knows what else, it gets to be a huge tab for what most people essentially think of as a toy.

When all the good companies get realistic, and stop selling exclusively in hobby shops, but in toy shops as well, you'll see how the hobby will get a lot more exposure.
This hobby doesn't have to be expensive. It can be pretty cheap compared to others if the track is right or you have good bashing friends around. Its a big "if" but its possible.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XrayFK
Scrabble Championships on ESPN. Yup.
and someone paid the bill for the airtime....

Originally Posted by annie_himself
ROAR, RCCA, RC Pro, Losi, AE, and other should sponsor a show on TV. It would give RC the exposure it needs.
Yea right.... In the 30 years I've been in this hobby the closest we ever got was Inside RC...

Originally Posted by Havoxx

They don't belong being sold in Toy stores because although they are a toy, they are not TOYS.. Get it??? Personally, after spending an hour or so chatting in my LHS I believe that 75% of the people buying hobby grade RC's should find a different hobby.... If you have to bring it to someone to get it fixed you should just sell it....

Believe me you newbies (anyone with less than 10 years) have NO new ideas... we've all discussed this before, although we didn't have the internet....
Old 07-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The problem I see getting it on TV is that there are only a few thousand racers a weekend racing out of 300 million people who live in the states. I really don't see any big sponsors stepping up to try and make a couple thousand people happy. Unless you are the one racing, it is boring as shit to watch most of the time. It doesn't draw a very big crowd since it is a small nitch market.

The only way I see it working is if the RC racers went and chased the crowds they are looking for to watch them. If we started racing at car shows and big events such as monster truck shows or anything else like that then that might bring in the type of sponsors we are looking for to promote this to the next level.

Just a few thoughts and ideas on what needs to be done to take it to where we want to go but first we have to realize we are a very small market in a big big world.

Just my two cents,
Joe Maxey
Old 07-15-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Bullfrog,

Your no money race in RC is the lame reason that RC is considered a hobby and not interesting to Major Corporate Sponsors outside the RC industry.

Nobody takes a Full Size Race Car to a race to win just a Bowling Trophy. You don’t race real cars for fun do you? That’s for amateurs, Pro’s compete for Money.

If you expect people to watch any competition where the Champion gets nothing but “wood” or “hardware” you’re living in denial. Money makes the world go around. Money talks and B*^^sh@t walks.

That’s why RC is still viewed as a little hobby, but you must be cool with that. You don’t really want RC to grow, you’re happy with things the way they’ve always been and the thought of Professional RC Racing is something you stand against, it must scare the hell out of you the way you fight the thought of RC racing for Money or is there another secret reason……….

That’s cool, nothing personal, it’s just business. RC Pro will continue to grow RC racing into a Professional Sport and you can keep trying to keep it the same little hobby its always been for as long as you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.