R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Extra batt for transmitter (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1705-extra-batt-transmitter.html)

disaster999 12-01-2001 09:37 AM

Extra batt for transmitter

do anyone like to add more batt to the remote or they think its only adding weight?

Corse-R 12-01-2001 12:42 PM

Re: Extra batt for transmitter

Originally posted by Disaster999
do anyone like to add more batt to the remote or they think its only adding weight?
Um. Depending on which conditions can be interesting, because an extra cell can raise the running time of the batteries in the transmiter, interesting if you're plan to run a long endurance race with one or two transmiters.

Besercoe 12-02-2001 01:57 PM

Have a question

I am thinking of trying a 10AAA NiMH, rechargable pack in my 3PJ, i have been running 8AA NiMH cells but they do not reach the 12 volt level like 8 dry cells. Has anyone tried this and how did it work?

BigDogRacing 12-02-2001 02:29 PM

Re: Re: Extra batt for transmitter

Originally posted by Corse-R

Um. Depending on which conditions can be interesting, because an extra cell can raise the running time of the batteries in the transmiter, interesting if you're plan to run a long endurance race with one or two transmiters.

I think the guy means adding 2 cells to increase the voltage.

I personally haven't tried it, but if you use rechargeables, they say it helps reduce glitches by increasing the voltage. I wouldn't be scared to try it though.....

marvi 12-02-2001 03:10 PM

Originally posted by Besercoe
Have a question

I am thinking of trying a 10AAA NiMH, rechargable pack in my 3PJ, i have been running 8AA NiMH cells but they do not reach the 12 volt level like 8 dry cells. Has anyone tried this and how did it work?

im not sure if the 3pj can handle 10 AAA cells but i tried 9 AA 600mah nicads in my 3pj and voltage reached 11+ volts. it lasted longer between charges. right now, i went back to the original configuration of 8 cells because i got some AA size 1000mah nimhs. these 8 cells do not reach 12 volts but they work fine the whole day without recharging.

if you want higher voltage, try 1.25v rechargeables (compared to 1.2v for regular rechargeables.) ive had these cells before, i just forgot where i got them and what the brand was.

Cole Trickle 12-03-2001 12:05 AM

I'm using Varta Accu Plus 1100 mAH AA. Without load, they got 1,27 volt on them. This is measured after a couple of hours use since last fully charge. Haven't measured the volt, when TX is turned on....

MissX 12-03-2001 08:05 PM

If you can hook up a wire to the empty battery pack, then connect it to an external lead acid 12v battery this will be the best option.

First you get a constant 12 volt, and your remote will be lighter. I have used a 12 volt 7 amps, and it's good for 2 days race.

FIVE 7 12-08-2001 07:57 PM

I ran rechargable AA's in my Airtronics 3PS. I didn't get the voltage either with 8 so I added a small case on the back which held two more rechargable AA's, wired it up in series and my voltage came up to around 13.2 volts which was fine. Aslong as the voltage doesn't go any higher than this you should be fine.
Hope this helps?:)

c-lyon 12-10-2001 08:40 AM

I built a 9 cell nicad pack which fits inside the 3PS radio case and produces over 12 volts. There's actually room inside for 11 cells, but no room for wiring as well.

thousandAnd1 05-04-2003 05:04 AM

I just got my XXX-T RTR a few days ago, and I didn't know what alkaline batteries were, so I just popped some Duracell Copperheads in my XR2. After two runs, they done died out. If I get (this is the only other way to go) rechargable AA NiCD or NiMH batteries, they will last longer (how many runs would I get on them?), right? Also, can I charge them on my normal battery charger for my car, Pirahna Digital Peak Charger?

Cole Trickle 05-04-2003 10:38 AM

Originally posted by thousandAnd1
I just got my XXX-T RTR a few days ago, and I didn't know what alkaline batteries were, so I just popped some Duracell Copperheads in my XR2. After two runs, they done died out. If I get (this is the only other way to go) rechargable AA NiCD or NiMH batteries, they will last longer (how many runs would I get on them?), right? Also, can I charge them on my normal battery charger for my car, Pirahna Digital Peak Charger?
Rechargeables are cheaper in the long run, but usually alkalines last pretty long. Longer than rechargeable, I believe.

2 runs, is that around 30, maybe 60 minutes maximum? I would expect those Duracells to last way longer. Had they passed the expired date?

If your charger can handle 8 cells, and charge at maximum 1 amp, yes, then it can charge your TX cells. Only get NiMh, if your charger specifically are made for NiMh. Otherwise, get some NiCd.

R C king 05-04-2003 12:19 PM

Alkaline battery's give moe power and last longer compared t the rechargabl one.

popsracer 05-04-2003 12:33 PM

9 cells in a Futaba Battery compartment

Guys;

Anyone willing to post a diagram on how they assembled a 9 cell "AA" pack to fit the Futaba's.

I don't see how it's going to fit (side x side at least)

Thanks,

howard hudson 05-04-2003 12:34 PM

Re: 9 cells in a Futaba Battery compartment

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Anyone willing to post a diagram on how they assembled a 9 cell "AA" pack to fit the Futaba's.

Thanks,

come on pops just plug into your die hard:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kenshin 05-04-2003 01:11 PM

Re: 9 cells in a Futaba Battery compartment

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Thanks,

I read in the HK forum somewhere that they sell 9-cell packs in this configuration: (8 horizontal w/ 1 cell in the middle)
__ __
__ __
__ I __
__ __

instead of the normal

||||||||

Just to give you an idea. I think they are using it in their 3PKs.