Wiki Posts
Search

News Flash Indoor tracks droppin' like flies

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ray3619
STUMPER ! if you keep making post like that we wont have turbo joey to laugh at , ray
Ummm...sure...whatever.

Don't you have some $100 Crimefighters to buy somewhere near you? Tracks are closing down...better buy more...maybe you can stop the trend.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

you would have a heart atack if you seen my buying practices , youd get just as much of a laugh outta me , ray
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

and yes we have stopped the trend here localy , ray
Old 07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stumper1
With that attitude, I'd charge an asshole like you double retail.
Oh yeah..."charge me double" for what? A part you're too lazy and stupid to even look for?

If you won't even pull it off the hook behind you, you can't really charge me for it, can you?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

you forgot to add ( to said counter guy ) and you smell like ass , ray
Old 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Oh yeah..."charge me double" for what? A part you're too lazy and stupid to even look for?

If you won't even pull it off the hook behind you, you can't really charge me for it, can you?
Did you think about telling the management/ownership at the facility about the douchebag employee? They could have him replaced, they may not know he's a problem if noone's mentioned it. Also from the tone of your posts, it seems like you could have possibbly had a bit of an attitude when you asked for the part. If you did, and you were asking me for help at my store, I would've pointed to where they were, but if you were huffy about it, that's all the help you would've gotten.

See you've proven you're an online, price based shopper. You have NO issue taking advantage of the stock provided by your local store if you need a part right then and there to finish your raceday, but any other items you'll purchase online to save 10%. You're the kind of "customer", and I use the word loosely, that the store can easily live without. The seven or eight bucks you spend there a month doesn't really add up to much. If you think about it, it shouldn't matter that much to you anyway, I mean shouldn't you have ordered 25 or so Lazer shock towers from whatever mailorder joint you purchased the car from initially? Or wouldn't they give you an additional price-break for buying in bulk?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Did you think about telling the management/ownership at the facility about the douchebag employee? They could have him replaced, they may not know he's a problem if noone's mentioned it. Also from the tone of your posts, it seems like you could have possibbly had a bit of an attitude when you asked for the part. If you did, and you were asking me for help at my store, I would've pointed to where they were, but if you were huffy about it, that's all the help you would've gotten.

See you've proven you're an online, price based shopper. You have NO issue taking advantage of the stock provided by your local store if you need a part right then and there to finish your raceday, but any other items you'll purchase online to save 10%. You're the kind of "customer", and I use the word loosely, that the store can easily live without. The seven or eight bucks you spend there a month doesn't really add up to much. If you think about it, it shouldn't matter that much to you anyway, I mean shouldn't you have ordered 25 or so Lazer shock towers from whatever mailorder joint you purchased the car from initially? Or wouldn't they give you an additional price-break for buying in bulk?

Cypress, I do agree that Joe seemed to have an attitude in that scenario. I do not agree with you on the attitude that a customer is taking advantage of a hobby shop when they only purchase what they need. They are paying customers and thats all that matters. There is also more than a 10% difference from Trackside Hobby shops compared to storefront hobby shops let alone Online hobby shops.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trailranger
What is killing the LHS and Race Tracks, From my point of view.

5. If you are really concerned about where you are going to race the next week, get together with others and buy the land and build a track. I live in Missouri and 2 acres of Highway frontage land will cost about $40,000. I can afford the $300 a month mortage on the land, but everyone else will need to chip in for the other things: PORTA POTTY, DRIVERS STAND, GRAVEL for parking, Utility hookup ($10000 for water, sewer, electricity, paved surface?.
Our problem here on Long Island (not even mentioning the NYC area) is that land is a premium.... My house is insured for replacement value, 200k... I could sell my house for 800k so that means my 80x100 (roughly) lot is worth 600K!!!!

Sure there are cheaper areas then where I live but you still have outrageous land values and property taxes...

We need to get a track built in a Public Park and there's a few of us that have a park in mind... I know it won't be an indoor track but at least we never have to worry that the track fees aren't paying the bills and worry about it going out of business.... The park in mind already has an Aerodrome and a Tether car track...
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Cypress, I do agree that Joe seemed to have an attitude in that scenario. I do not agree with you on the attitude that a customer is taking advantage of a hobby shop when they only purchase what they need. They are paying customers and thats all that matters. There is also more than a 10% difference from Trackside Hobby shops compared to storefront hobby shops let alone Online hobby shops.
I guess I should have worded that differently, I didn't mean "taking advantage" in a " of a drunk Co-ed" sort of way. It was more like "taking advantage of an opportunity", in meaning.

I was trying to illustarte the convenience of being able to purchase at the track, not convey any wrong-doing on his part by shopping there.

I conveyed the wrong doing in the whole 10% off internet buying thing.

I guess I'm really lucky, all of our LHS's and track shops match Tower's pricing, I know there are places that sell lower than Tower, but I'm one of those guys who will spend a little more to have a track within 3 hrs. of my front door.

I look at it this way, You go to a concert or a ball game, a beer is $6, a hot dog is $4, they want $5 for some $1.99 7/11 Nachos. Why? Because they're trying to make some money to pay the ridiculous overhead for that ballpark/arena you're sitting in, plus they're STILL making money on the concessions. If you're an individual who WON'T buy a beverage or snack at a game because you REFUSE to pay the exorbitant prices, then by all means continue shopping on-line to save your money. But if you're willing to pay $6.00 for some crappy beer at a ballpark, you oughta be willing to buck-up the extra $4 or $5 for set a set of tires to make sure you have a place to race.

I guess I'm just Old School that way....
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Also from the tone of your posts, it seems like you could have possibbly had a bit of an attitude when you asked for the part.
Well Miss Manners...LOL...actually...no, I didn't have an "attitude". I was more or less in disbelief. At first I was like, "...maybe he just doesn't know that model"...he was actually more of an idiot than I made him out to be. He was trying to convince me that the car didn't even exist, they never made a "Lazer" and that I just didn't know what car I had.

It's even worse, in that it's by far the most popular 4wd out there, just about the only 4wd on a typical week, several of the employees have and race them and we have Factory Kyosho guys out there racing every week.

Yes, I did tell someone, but since I was racing, I didn't track down the "owner" (whoever that is). The guy I told said, "Yeah, he's only into mini cars."

Oh yeah...Pegasus does 20% off when you have a wristband for the track, so I'm definitely not averse to spending money there.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

But if you're willing to pay $6.00 for some crappy beer at a ballpark, you oughta be willing to buck-up the extra $4 or $5 for set a set of tires to make sure you have a place to race.
That's not a very good analogy for a couple reasons. Food is fairly inelastic in the short run. If you need food, you have no alternative sources and you have the money, you're going to pay it.

You also don't have the option to bring your own food into the concert, so there are no other alternatives, price-wise.

Yeah a $6 hot dog is ridiculous, but so are $15/pr. Sorex tires when the average price is $12 and you see them as low as $7/pr. But hey...I'm old school that way.

If the track is sucking wind, raise the track prices, not the part prices.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been watching this post reserving judgement.
However I need to express something, no matter what type of store you go into you need to receive a certain level of customer service to be satisfied.
Many people speak about only going into a hobby shop to complete your race day. ( " then we expect good customer service " )
Let me ask something how often do you go into your favourite restaurant, maybe 3-4 times per year, when you go there what level of service do you expect???

I think I have made my point, the reason why one of our local tracks is closing is because there is a lack of service.
You order a part, come into the shop and ask for it, then it's on the board.
The reply you get when you question it is we'll I ordered 5 of them.
That's great but why is mine on the board???

I work in a professional office, and I pride myself on professional service and I expect my staff to conduct themselves in the same way, regardless if someone is paying me $25 per month or $5000 I have both!!!
But the guy who pays me $5000 a month started out paying me $100.

Some of you guy's need to step back and take a look at the big picture.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fastcats

Fastcats in Ontario, Canada will be reopening. Keep watching www.fastcats.ca or www.fastcats.ca/forum/index.php over the next day or two for more info.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone who tries to operate a track and a hobby store needs to understand that one should have nothing to do with the other.

The track/store owners make their case "Buy from me and pay more because I give you a track to race on" but the perception will always be:

The store/track owners usually have higher incomes than their customers, get everything they need at cost, and dont pay race fees which naturally leads to some resentment. Ultimately, the customers/racers conclude "why buy from him, so he can make another 5 bucks off me so he can buy the latest touring car from XRay that I cant afford right now so he can beat me with it?"

That's probably is not even close to the truth, but thats the perception - like it or not.

I know some LHS will do anything for a customer, but do most of them? If a customer spends $1000 at the LHS (instead of saving $100+ on line) can he expect to get service or help if/when he needs it?

I don't know the answer but its worth asking.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Ed237
Anyone who tries to operate a track and a hobby store needs to understand that one should have nothing to do with the other.

The track/store owners make their case "Buy from me and pay more because I give you a track to race on" but the perception will always be:

The store/track owners usually have higher incomes than their customers, get everything they need at cost, and dont pay race fees which naturally leads to some resentment. Ultimately, the customers/racers conclude "why buy from him, so he can make another 5 bucks off me so he can buy the latest touring car from XRay that I cant afford right now so he can beat me with it?"

That's probably is not even close to the truth, but thats the perception - like it or not.

I know some LHS will do anything for a customer, but do most of them? If a customer spends $1000 at the LHS (instead of saving $100+ on line) can he expect to get service or help if/when he needs it?

I don't know the answer but its worth asking.

Happen to know most if not all track owner`s make less than most ....

$4000 a month if business is good .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.