Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Personal lap timing systems? spektrum?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

Default Personal lap timing systems? spektrum?

Hi,

i wonder, probably someone uses here personal lap timing systems and may share their opinions about them? I'm looking to buy something for myself, trying to find out more info...

i'm looking at orion pro lcs or spektrum, any comments? as i understand for spektrum , i wil have to buy not only lap timer trigger, but also electric telemetry system?

which one should i choose? thanks a bunch..
Old 06-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Exe
Hi,

i wonder, probably someone uses here personal lap timing systems and may share their opinions about them? I'm looking to buy something for myself, trying to find out more info...

i'm looking at orion pro lcs or spektrum, any comments? as i understand for spektrum , i wil have to buy not only lap timer trigger, but also electric telemetry system?

which one should i choose? thanks a bunch..

Hi:
I have the Orion LCS, that I bought second hand on the forum. It works fine, the only problem is that you need to leave the unit near the race course. Advantage, is that if you have the cable, you can pass the data to the PC and check it with your setup and that stuff.

the spektrum, you need first of all, the spektrum for your radio, the telemetry system (that includes the on board unit and the infrared sensor) and the additional lap time trigger (the unit you put on the race course). but you can have the handheld unit with you and monitor more stuff than only the laps. Disadvantage, you cannot dump the date into the PC.

it's up to you, if you already have the spektrum radio, perhaps is a good choice going with the telemetry. but beware: only normal and pro receiver works with telemetry, the micro receivers doesn't.

hope it helps,
al
Old 06-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't have the Pro version, (the black one) nor do I actually have the "ORION" version LCS...I have the original Kakarunjer by Alex Racing Systems (which is what the Original ORION was)

This unit was only programmed to do a min. lap time of 5.0 seconds, but it was a really cool tool to use on a day of practice...or at a track before personal transponders were being used... Not only that, but you could use it handheld as a stopwatch.

Never tried the Specktrum...
Old 06-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

i still don't have spektrum, i was using my 3pk hrs without any glitching problems whatsoever, but i'm going to get spektrum, time has come

i guess i will go with orion lcs, sounds better. thanks for you input.