Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Core RC 5000mah Lipos...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Kevin,

A simple "butt joint" using high quality 12Ga wire can lengthen the original leads to whatever length you'd like, just be careful to cut/splice the wires one at a time, as shorting is extremely damaging to lipo. But any soldering attempt on the cell tabs/opening the case will void your warranty.

The high power connector is factory installed.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
hey kevin, the lead on the core comes with a deans, its more the long enough for any car, JB shorten his, i left mine alone. can't imagine the leads wearing out and needing changing, i guess if you cut them short for one car they could be to short for another, but then you would just use longer wires on the speedo. anyway, come by my pit, i have one you can check out,

i got your pm, not sure about tomorrow, may be going to TRCR to get dirty.
Sterling is trying to talk me into getting my XXXT out there but one iron in the fire is enough for right now.

I saw the pic on the 5000 and looked like it came with a Traxxas type connector, so wasnt sure how short cutting it off would be...thanks for the update. Where are people getting these right now...from SIR or thru Nexus Racing or what? I had a look at yours Friday during my spy mission, and from watching yours and JB's rides I know the punch is there. I think you'll like my Lipo idea, I need to find out material costs, I know how much CNC machine costs will be, hopefully I can produce cheap enough to market them...if not just "my buddies" will get one.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The US Core packs have the Deans plug and the Euro packs have another weird combo bullet plug thing.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
The US Core packs have the Deans plug and the Euro packs have another weird combo bullet plug thing.
YEAH!...what he said
Old 12-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Sterling is trying to talk me into getting my XXXT out there but one iron in the fire is enough for right now.

I saw the pic on the 5000 and looked like it came with a Traxxas type connector, so wasnt sure how short cutting it off would be...thanks for the update. Where are people getting these right now...from SIR or thru Nexus Racing or what? I had a look at yours Friday during my spy mission, and from watching yours and JB's rides I know the punch is there. I think you'll like my Lipo idea, I need to find out material costs, I know how much CNC machine costs will be, hopefully I can produce cheap enough to market them...if not just "my buddies" will get one.
SIR should be able to get you one no problem, i will be at SIR tomorrow, if you want we can strap one of mine in your car and you can give it a spin.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
They're basically longer Corally connectors.
I prefer them to Deans anyway, the shrouds are keyed so they can only plug together one way as well as preventing any 'short'.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Anybody knows where i can find these combo bullet connectors ?
Old 12-23-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
They're basically longer Corally connectors.
I prefer them to Deans anyway, the shrouds are keyed so they can only plug together one way as well as preventing any 'short'.
I've had problems with the smaller bullet connectors causing cogging on Mamba 7700 motors. The slightest resistance will do that in non sensored motors. Deans has never given me that problem, and motor to ESC I use the 6mm bullets. Far more contact, less resistance then equal length 12G wire, and will never pull apart (by accident).

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-27...nectors/Detail
Old 12-23-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Anybody knows where i can find these combo bullet connectors ?
They are 'Core', I presume that Schumacher USA can distribute them as Core make other parts for the Mi3's

Skiddins
Old 12-23-2007, 02:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

We don't carry or sell those bullet style plugs, the Core LiPo's in the US don't come with that connector.

It has a zero loss compatible with a Dean's style connector.

They are 'Core', I presume that Schumacher USA can distribute them as Core make other parts for the Mi3's

Skiddins
Old 12-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I read the whole entired post and I found I needed to know ...Thanks

Last edited by Goingfast; 12-24-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'd double check who your getting your information from, obviously not a reliable source

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Question:
My understanding that all the 5000 lipo two cell are made by under the same company? PS not speaking 4 cell lipos.

Reason for question was .I've being told the all 2 cells 5000 lipo batteries are the same...
Old 12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
We don't carry or sell those bullet style plugs, the Core LiPo's in the US don't come with that connector.

It has a zero loss compatible with a Dean's style connector.

Why the difference between the UK and US supplied versions?

Skiddins
Old 12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Why the difference between the UK and US supplied versions?

Skiddins
Before I left Schu USA I pushed Robin to make the Core packs have zero loss plugs as they are far more common in the US than anything else. I thought he was going to use them in Europe too but he went with the bullet connector. I have no idea why. The zero loss connector is far superior.

The zero loss connectors are proven in R/C Planes and Helis to work perfectly flowing up to 200A and 2500W with no problem. The bullet connectors fry at half that power level.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Last edited by Goingfast; 12-24-2007 at 01:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.