Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Suspended

I AM EXCITED!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess there's a Chinese sweatshop somewhere making all these cars for all the manufacturer. If you prefer orange julius, you buy this. If you like cool mint, you buy the other. If you like purple haze, etc., etc.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Uninspired. :-(
Old 05-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i cant wait to get this car. from the time jeff put this car on the track in march its goten faster. i was impressed before he ever started playing with set ups and as the weeks went on after that its goten even faster. the car also can take a beating jeffs drilled the car in to walls really hard and yet it keeps going. i know if i did that with a corally i would be done. i have not seen the car on asphalt but i have heard very good things from the guys who have seen it.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Uninspired. :-(
<---seconds that.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
<---seconds that.
take it easy guys...some people will like it and some hate it...i dont like the purple on the cyclone..
maybe i am just a die hard serpent fan!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Serpent fan, not blasting the car, but it isnt like its the second coming of our saviour. But you have to admit, serpent has been around for a hot second, heck they used to distribute Xray. Now that electric has come full circle, they come on board with a ho hum touring car. Those of us that have been in electric circles see this as blah blah blah.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

This looks like blah...blah...blah...

yada...yada...yada...

The fact is that most people already own a "looks like" that some other company makes, so why shouldn't Serpent fans have the right to join the party.

I don't care how many times I see one, a good looking car is a good looking car.

And this is a good looking car. Good job Serpent. I hope the car does well.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

BTW...I'm still waiting for that truely "different" touring car that will shut everyone up.

You know, the one with a cocoon chassis, 3 wheels, 2 shocks, and half belt/half shaft. It'll be called the Clusterf**k.

And I bet that when a thread gets started for it, 1 of the first 3 post will still begin with "thats just a copy of...".

So until the Clusterf**k is released (with a 2 week delay ) , people need to lighten up on these new cars and realize that there is only so much you can make different on a TC.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Darkseid
This looks like blah...blah...blah...

yada...yada...yada...

The fact is that most people already own a "looks like" that some other company makes, so why shouldn't Serpent fans have the right to join the party.

I don't care how many times I see one, a good looking car is a good looking car.

And this is a good looking car. Good job Serpent. I hope the car does well.
yes good job...i will be getting one...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Suspended

does anyone have a pic of the serpent car at the reedy race?i cant find any from the race....
Old 05-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Darkseid, stop walking around puddles just to smell the rain. Just because it's a serpent, doesnt mean everyone and their mother should run out and get one. It is blah blah blah at this point. They stood back while all of the other players in the game "perfected" their products and copied it. For a car company like serpent, I expected innovation, not reincarnation.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Darkseid, stop walking around puddles just to smell the rain. Just because it's a serpent, doesnt mean everyone and their mother should run out and get one. It is blah blah blah at this point. They stood back while all of the other players in the game "perfected" their products and copied it. For a car company like serpent, I expected innovation, not reincarnation.
almost like the X company wait a minute didnt they work together afew years back
Old 05-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Suspended

i am still waiting on a pic from the reedy race...
Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

My humble opinion is that the evolution of the 1/10 electro cars has become a sort of high tech top car development. Just like the F1 in real life. This leaves not much room to really change the basic design within the current rules. The differences can’t be find anymore in big changes, but have to be in small (but important) technical design choices. That’s why we see the top brands make little changes and grow more and more towards each other. This is (again my opinion) also the reason why the S400 looks al lot like the rest of the other cars.

The real test will be it’s performance on the track. Durability, stability, ease of maintenance, adjustability, availability of spares, service and much more will play an important role in the success of any car.

And as in ‘real life’ lots of people have their favorite brand (eg. I like Aston Martin more than Ferrari) and therefore some people (like myself) are very interested in photos and more details of a specific new ‘thing’. I’m Dutch and therefore I’m also very interested in the new S400. Because Serpent is Dutch J

Within a few weeks (I hope not Months) we will be able to test the S400.

BTW: Here is the official news about the S400 form the Serpent website

(Just my 2 cents)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.