R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/164906-serpent-1-10th-ep-touring-kit-s400.html)

CraigX 05-30-2007 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
thats right craig

Nice, hopefully testing is going well for both car and speedo.

Jeff Cuffs 05-30-2007 03:42 PM

its a tough process working by yourself with set up but in acouple more weeks you will see more around to help out

rangulo 05-30-2007 03:44 PM

Well I would have to disagree with you on the 415 thing. Tamiya is an excellent sedan but the only thing on this car that is like a 415 is that it has two belts and two diffs and 4 wheels and 4 shocks. Take a minute and study the differences. It is differnt length, different belts, different shocks, diff offset, diff link positions and proven to have worked on their other vehicles. Which is the difference between Serpent and others who are new. THey have a racing success background.

The top deck is really short which is common among the new sedan cars but the steering system is a little different from the rest. The diffs are made of a high quality aluminum. The final ration is a little over 2:1 and it has great acceleration. The car has impressive look to it. It really is a nice looking car with the bulk heads and the carbon. Serpent is using a really good carbon fiber and there shocks are of good quality and durablilty(From the 720). Serpent is into racing and has a racing heritage. Michael and Rene have been designing cars for over a decade and now have an electric car. I personally feel the car has tremendous potential. I have driven it, Worked on it and feel it is the next sedan to have.

Jeff Cuffs 05-30-2007 03:46 PM

it will be there

olhipster1 05-30-2007 03:47 PM

express

hope to see this car run at the Express race... :nod:

Cuffs has been working with the car quite diligently, think he will get the setup perfected shortly.
keep on racing.

captian 05-30-2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
thats right craig

looks good can't wait boy it going to be a good winter

tomcat01 05-30-2007 04:08 PM

if i get a chance when i see the car next time on carpet ill make a video...

RussB 05-30-2007 04:31 PM

you can really tell when people got into sedan racing by their comments on who copied who. today's popular TC arrangement first showed up in the yokomo mr4-tc, it had the batteries all on the right, motor and electronics on the left, super low cg motor mount and layshaft, etc... it worked great back in '97~'98 when it came out and that design still seems to work today.

i don't design rc cars, but as a mechanical designer, most products bear a striking resemblance to their competitors. dell laptops look like compaqs, fords look like chevys, hondas look like toyotas, boeings look like airbus, ge fridges look like maytag fridges, you could literally go on for days. the difference is in the details. the suspension geometry and kinematics, the bulkhead designs, the way the chassis reacts to flex. two cars may appear to be the exact same thing, but yet are completely different. take the xray '007 for example. to the non die hard racer, they look exactly the same, hell, i can't even tell the difference. but they have different purposes, different enough to warrant 2 different models.

Jeff Cuffs 05-30-2007 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
you can really tell when people got into sedan racing by their comments on who copied who. today's popular TC arrangement first showed up in the yokomo mr4-tc, it had the batteries all on the right, motor and electronics on the left, super low cg motor mount and layshaft, etc... it worked great back in '97~'98 when it came out and that design still seems to work today.

i don't design rc cars, but as a mechanical designer, most products bear a striking resemblance to their competitors. dell laptops look like compaqs, fords look like chevys, hondas look like toyotas, boeings look like airbus, ge fridges look like maytag fridges, you could literally go on for days. the difference is in the details. the suspension geometry and kinematics, the bulkhead designs, the way the chassis reacts to flex. two cars may appear to be the exact same thing, but yet are completely different. take the xray '007 for example. to the non die hard racer, they look exactly the same, hell, i can't even tell the difference. but they have different purposes, different enough to warrant 2 different models.

well said

Marcos.J 05-30-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Big B
Hey Marcos, you coming up here in July for the Nats? If so what will you be running? I will probably be working at the counter or just be a spectator, if I hadn't broke my chassis and ESC at once, I would be driving, next year maybe. Or at the MMR Grand Prix, whenever they decide to run it

Actually Im getting surgery done on july 3rd and i will be out for 6 weeks, Im getting my ankle repaired from a motorcycle racing crash from 1997.

Big B 05-30-2007 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Actually Im getting surgery done on july 3rd and i will be out for 6 weeks, Im getting my ankle repaired from a motorcycle racing crash from 1997.

Good Luck, I can tell you from experiance, 2 knee surguries and 4 back sruguries, and have been to enough physical therapy to know, don't push it at physical therapy, slow and easy. If it hurts your doing more harm than good. Hope everything goes good

Marcos.J 05-30-2007 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Big B
Good Luck, I can tell you from experiance, 2 knee surguries and 4 back sruguries, and have been to enough physical therapy to know, don't push it at physical therapy, slow and easy. If it hurts your doing more harm than good. Hope everything goes good

thanks this will be my 5th surgery in 10 years :nod:

MERCCER4LIFE 05-30-2007 10:16 PM

i am so ready for this car to be out...sorry for using caps earlier...

heretic 05-31-2007 01:00 AM

I hope the whole car is going to be anodized ORANGE, this is almost the only color that we don't see on touring cars nowadays. Plus, this is the signature color of Serpent, isn't ?

BTW orange looks great if you mix it with blue parts. :sneaky: (and also with purple alloy, but I am sooooo fed up with those purple aluminium parts and cars...)

If it's orange I'm buying one. I wouldn't even try to question the performance of the car, after all serpent has been designing cars for decades, they know how to do it.

MERCCER4LIFE 05-31-2007 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by heretic
I hope the whole car is going to be anodized ORANGE, this is almost the only color that we don't see on touring cars nowadays. Plus, this is the signature color of Serpent, isn't ?

BTW orange looks great if you mix it with blue parts. :sneaky: (and also with purple alloy, but I am sooooo fed up with those purple aluminium parts and cars...)

If it's orange I'm buying one. I wouldn't even try to question the performance of the car, after all serpent has been designing cars for decades, they know how to do it.

i hope it is orange