Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TA05 IFS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hello guys I'm looking to buy a ta05 ifs and wanted to know if anyone is selling a roller?
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok so not sure if anyone out there still runs theirs or is even around but I have a issue I could use some info or help with. I have just acquired a TA05 IFS recently and have come across the tweeked carbon chassis issue. Is there a way I can untweek the chassis or should I just get a stock chassis and save me the hassle?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Old 01-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so not sure if anyone out there still runs theirs or is even around but I have a issue I could use some info or help with. I have just acquired a TA05 IFS recently and have come across the tweeked carbon chassis issue. Is there a way I can untweek the chassis or should I just get a stock chassis and save me the hassle?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Old 01-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You could do that, or just purchase a 3racing conversion chassis. I still have my old TA05 IFS R chassis and it seemed fine to me..
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

I should have been more descript when I posted, sorry. The chassis I meant to say is the light weight carbon reinforced tub chassis. Mine is tweaked and was told by a friend that this was a known issue with this chassis right out of the package. He also told me here wouldn't recommend the 3racing carbon plate chassis as he has one on his and did not like it.

So I was looking for more of a second opinion when I posted. Looking for a IFS-R would be the preferred route if replacing the tweaked chassis I would guess?

Jason
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Dupe post.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If the chassis is tweeked out of the package, Tamiya will take care of it.

I say just buy one.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I would just buy a new one. Tq has them. But did you take out the screws first to see if that helps?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Carlton, This particular chassis is one that came with the car. So its not new just new to me. But will just pick up a new one if need be.

Hanzo, I have loosened up all the top screws for the braces in hopes it would level out. Should I just loosen all the screws for everything and try that? I am new to this car so not trying to ask dumb questions.

Jason
Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fresnojay
Carlton, This particular chassis is one that came with the car. So its not new just new to me. But will just pick up a new one if need be.

Hanzo, I have loosened up all the top screws for the braces in hopes it would level out. Should I just loosen all the screws for everything and try that? I am new to this car so not trying to ask dumb questions.

Jason
Yes. Loosen all the screws and try to twist the tweek out. Retighten.

The really fast guys do it every. Single. Round.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I would rebuild the car completely. I found out that my pan car diff was built incorrectly. Are you getting ready for gt3 for tcs at tq?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Carlton, I did just that a little bit ago. Dunno why that didn't cross my mind. I used to have to do it to my TC6.1 almost every week.

Hanzo, I have been doing just that. By the end of next week I will have almost entirely done that. I have been building it for GT3 class locally but have been keeping it TCS legal the entire way so it could possibly go that route if I get the itch. My current plans are to go to TCS this year but with my Mini not a TC. But who knows that could change.

Thanks for the help guys as now the chassis seems to have leveled out after doing what was suggested. Now just have to wait for the last couple new bits to show up and she will be ready for the series next weekend.

Jason
Old 01-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, quick Q re bodies, I trashed my EBBRO 350R body today in an altercation with a concrete curb.....

Does anyone know where I can find the same body for sale?

As an alternative, to buy something different do I need to search for anything more than a "TA-05 IFS Body"?

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fresnojay

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Just setup the chassis tweaked. I a little more droop on one side as well as preload on shocks, etc. I've won a few TCS races like this. Hard to find a molded tub chassis without tweak. My plastic and carbon tubs are tweaked. You can try to flatten it out, but it may "tweak" itself back during a race. Just set it up with it's natural tweak and you'll be fine.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fritzzz
Hi, quick Q re bodies, I trashed my EBBRO 350R body today in an altercation with a concrete curb.....

Does anyone know where I can find the same body for sale?

As an alternative, to buy something different do I need to search for anything more than a "TA-05 IFS Body"?

Thanks for your help.
any 190mm body will fit. If you want a tamiya body. Check Speedtech RC or TQ hobbies. And last you can call Tmiya USA directly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.