R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/162319-how-do-people-feel-about-racing-brushed-brushless-together-mod-road-off.html)

trjracing 05-08-2007 07:57 AM

Man BX you got me pumped here... :nod: :nod: :nod:

bxpitbull 05-08-2007 07:59 AM

Blah blah blah. How about we make it interesting. Set-up the cones, some hose and run for some laps. Oh, my bad, your cars are good for straight lining. No course racing. You gonna change your set-up? Good luck...your brushed will give you eight to nine minutes MAX. I know I will get at LEAST a half an hour. That in itself makes brushless better. End of the day, take apart my motor, lube the bearing, clean dust out of the can, re-assemble. You, take apart your motor, clean (cut your comm), check your brushes, possibly change your brushes, turn on the soldering iron, remove and install new brushes, adjust your springs, set your timing, test. Just typing your maintennance alone is getting me tired.

secretsg 05-08-2007 08:00 AM

10-15 years from now people will ask what a brush is the same way people ask about MSCs today. Develop the brushless rules asap and let them run together. Don't be the guy who's always tinkering with that old jaguar in the garage and never gets to run it!

It would help to put a big sign up on the cost differences as well. How much does 5 Co27s/lathe/brushes + ESC cost again vs a brushless stock combo? :smile:

bxpitbull 05-08-2007 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by secretsg
10-15 years from now people will ask what a brush is the same way people ask about MSCs today. Develop the brushless rules asap and let them run together. Don't be the guy who's always tinkering with that old jaguar in the garage and never gets to run it!

It would help to put a big sign up on the cost differences as well. How much does 5 Co27s/lathe/brushes + ESC cost again vs a brushless stock combo? :smile:

Brushed motors=abacus....brushless=P.C. Thats right I said it.

trjracing 05-08-2007 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Blah blah blah. How about we make it interesting. Set-up the cones, some hose and run for some laps. Oh, my bad, your cars are good for straight lining. No course racing. You gonna change your set-up? Good luck...your brushed will give you eight to nine minutes MAX. I know I will get at LEAST a half an hour. That in itself makes brushless better. End of the day, take apart my motor, lube the bearing, clean dust out of the can, re-assemble. You, take apart your motor, clean (cut your comm), check your brushes, possibly change your brushes, turn on the soldering iron, remove and install new brushes, adjust your springs, set your timing, test. Just typing your maintennance alone is getting me tired.

Dude you know I'm building up a track car when thats said and done we can run the course no problem. But lets see how fast you can be, brushless on the mile, like I said it should be an easy race for you don't cop out now and yes once one of my cars are set up for track racing we will run the course too you know I don't back down from any races call me out and I'm there you know this BX. So back to running the mile? Whats up? it should be an easy race for you with your fast @ss cyclone. Whats good??? After all you making mad power. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

trjracing 05-08-2007 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by secretsg

I run both it doesn't matter to me I'm just trying to prove apoint to my best friend Bxpitbull. We have been going at it for years. But I agree with everything you say to a point. :nod:

bxpitbull 05-08-2007 08:07 AM

Man on man, you see why the Geico caveman is so upset? Here it is, we thought he was extinct and he is still running around making noise. Check this here, I will entertain you with a straight line run. Then we run my race. When you lose, it wont be measured in car lengths, but by minutes. Remember that. Quote it, buy it print it.

trjracing 05-08-2007 08:09 AM

Brushed motors=abacus....brushless=P.C. Thats right I said it.

:rolleyes: :D

bxpitbull 05-08-2007 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by trjracing
I run both it doesn't matter to me I'm just trying to prove apoint to my best friend Bxpitbull. We have been going at it for years. But I agree with everything you say to a point. :nod:

Dont go jumping on the bandwagon now. Stick with your brushed motors. You had brushless, a couple of times and went back to brushed. Stay on that side of the fence. We dont need your types 'round these here parts. :lol:

trjracing 05-08-2007 08:12 AM

Dont go jumping on the bandwagon now. Stick with your brushed motors. You had brushless, a couple of times and went back to brushed. Stay on that side of the fence. We dont need your types 'round these here parts. :lol:

Dude don't go there Ive ran brushless before you ever did Remember who ran 70+ on brushless with my Tc3 in 2003 at half track I know brushless and who also had a novak set up recently. Don't do that Bro.

trjracing 05-08-2007 08:14 AM

Dude don't go there Ive ran brushless before you ever did Remember who ran 70+ on brushless with my Tc3 in 2003 at half track I know brushless and who also had a novak set up recently. Don't do that Bro.

Bx that wasn't cool Bro...

bxpitbull 05-08-2007 08:16 AM

Dude don't go there Ive ran brushless before you ever did Remember who ran 70+ on brushless eith my Tc3 in 2003 at half track I know brushless and who also had a novak set up recently. Don't do that Bro.

Again, straight line. Blah blah. How many batteries? Lets do something that is a PRATICAL application. I can easily buy a quark 125 ESC, get a neu or plettenberg motor, MaxAmps 14.8 and clean your clock. Aside of what you have accomplished, I am understanding this technology and see where its headed. THose who opt to run brushed, so be it. But, if you cant see where electric technology is headed, then I suggest another hobby.....say needlepoint.

bxpitbull 05-08-2007 08:18 AM

You said your own post wasnt cool...you lost me on that one.

acyrier 05-08-2007 08:23 AM

topic

I think in MOD, brushed and brushless should be allowed to run together, I have no problem with it.

What I'm waiting for, is the "powers that be" come up w/some rules for "BL STOCK" or whatever it's going to be called. Our track is only 36x60 and very tight. As far as 10th TC, mod guys are not turning more laps then the faster stock guys at this point, so our transition really is waiting on some guidelines for stock BL. At which point we'll probably allow the "13.5 stock" to run w/BR stock as they are somewhat "close" as far as a 5 minute race goes.

Note:
I did not slam anybody, or any product in my reply to what this topic is actually about. :)

trjracing 05-08-2007 08:24 AM

You said your own post wasnt cool...you lost me on that one.

Which one???