Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off >

how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how do people feel about racing brushed and brushless together in Mod on-road and off

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
not boy`s ...

call um

Turtles....
Your right some one might take to heart?
Turtles.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

mod, i think it should be run what you got, get those 5.5 brushless out and those 10 turn mods and load up in 4wd offroad lol

notice that mayfield won the classic with a 6.5 in his bj4, which is suppose to be a like a 12 turn brushed right? lol just shows much more much torque brushless has over brushed....top end they are pretty close though...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

It doesnt matter. At my local track there is a good mix of BR and BL. All go fast, all are good fun.
For me personally, I love BL. I am not much of a motor guru and I dont really have the time to maintain them. BL is the way to go. IMO
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My local club has about 4-5 guys on the same pace consistantly, one is a sworn brushed guy and he is using an 8t, there are a couple of 7's and 9's and one BL system, thats a 4.5, the thing i love about the system is the no maintenance (very little)

The systems are all very evenly matched and whoever wins on the night comes down to who made the least number of mistakes in the race
Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

At my local on-road club here in the UK we race 19t 6-cell with 4-cell any motor brushed or brushless. Last weekend after qualifiying the top six were split even with three 19t cars and three 4-cell cars running 3.5 or 4.5 motors and one of the 19t car ended up winning both finals after a close battle.

In the mod 5-cell class running in the BRCA nationals from what little i have seen the switch to brushless is getting bigger all the time, not sure how many of the top guys are running brushed motors any more.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

hopefully this will evolve a brushless stock set of rules, can't wait to trade in my gt7s and co27s for gtbs and stock bl
Old 05-08-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

I think it has something to do with the human species fear of evolving. Brushed motors has been around since "ever", and now that "new" technology is infringing on "old" turf, people are "fighting the power". It could be that some naysayers remember the first crop of BL motors which did have their share of problems. With Novak leading the charge (thats right I said it) for sensored and who knows how many players in sensorless, it would be one allowing their feet to get stuck in the cement to not progress and move forward. Unless they come up with brushes that need changing like once a year and self cleaning comms, I BEG someone to come on here and say why brushed is better! And dont give me the "thats what factory dudes run". We know they run what they are told to run.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Brushes are for hair. You know, I dont get it. There is enough maintennance involved with set-ups, spring rates, droop, camber, roll outs, weight on cars, ride height...now lets toss in cutting coms, soldering brushes, brush break in, carbon build up, hung brushes, comm lathes, diamond bits and every so often, changing the motor and battery for the lathe itself...the list goes on. Li-Po/brushless, people sqawk you need space to let them stretch their legs....then let them rock. I think brushed dudes are scared that they wont be able to line em up with nitros in the future, because that is the only thing that will give brushless any comp! Thats right I said it. Lets just have it like the 1/8 scale buggies guys have it....tracks that let brushless compete with the nitros. Brushed motors are for radioshack and toys r us cars.
Don't go there Please... You know what I'm talking about.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by trjracing
Don't go there Please... You know what I'm talking about.
Went there. You need a million cells to beat brushless. Thats right I said it. For drag racing, brushed is probably better because you are running what, all of two seconds. For those of us who want to get some REAL BURN, brushed motors are good for like what, the first minute of a pack. What happens after that? It's no longer a race against other machines, but a race against time. Brushless, much more efficient, more torque, runs cooler, better run times and the kicker....LESS MAINTENNANCE. Brushes are for hair. Period. End of story.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Oh oh, 7 people in here and no new comments...that means somebody is writing a book.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Went there. You need a million cells to beat brushless. Thats right I said it. For drag racing, brushed is probably better because you are running what, all of two seconds. For those of us who want to get some REAL BURN, brushed motors are good for like what, the first minute of a pack. What happens after that? It's no longer a race against other machines, but a race against time. Brushless, much more efficient, more torque, runs cooler, better run times and the kicker....LESS MAINTENNANCE. Brushes are for hair. Period. End of story.
Ok you made a good point but when you do get to beat a brushed motor car then you could smack talk all you want. This is coming from a person who ran nitros and lost to brushed and ran brushless to brushed and lost and after 5 years of beatings, you still don't know how to act. But it's ok I only speak for myself when I will run against any nitros and any brushless any time. You know I love the whole brushless set up and you are right about run time and speed but don't attack brushed motors until you beat them on a regular basis. You ain't doing that so you talking what you can't back up on the track. When we line up I want to hear your tune then. My brushed TC3 to your 3.5 novak brushless cyclone, let's see who has a faster car best believe you won't win on the 132ft. or the mile. I said it now what... I didn't want to put you on blast but you forced my hand.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Put me on blast? Please. Yes, you set your cars up to be fast...for all of three seconds. I have said this for how many years now...where is the fun in that? I want to be able to not only go fast, but go fast for a LONG TIME. Find me a brushed motor that gets at least 25 minutes consistant, with no maintennance and I'll run it. Yes, brushed motors are fast, but not sustaining those run times is blah blah blah. 2 seconds? Big deal. While you would be on the side charging batteries, I am running...and running...and running. Maybe a 2 or 3 second race is fun for you, but me, I want to get some burn! Keep talking crappola about stuff that happened years ago....reaching. Dont make it seem like we race every single weekend and you win consistantly. Anyone can stack a million batteries and make a car go fast for 2 seconds.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Dont hurt yourself typing those novels.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Tech Addict

Put me on blast? Please. Yes, you set your cars up to be fast...for all of three seconds. I have said this for how many years now...where is the fun in that? I want to be able to not only go fast, but go fast for a LONG TIME. Find me a brushed motor that gets at least 25 minutes consistant, with no maintennance and I'll run it. Yes, brushed motors are fast, but not sustaining those run times is blah blah blah. 2 seconds? Big deal. While you would be on the side charging batteries, I am running...and running...and running. Maybe a 2 or 3 second race is fun for you, but me, I want to get some burn! Keep talking crappola about stuff that happened years ago....reaching. Dont make it seem like we race every single weekend and you win consistantly. Anyone can stack a million batteries and make a car go fast for 2 seconds.
What million batts? I never came at you with 12-14 or even 10 cells. You talk down to brush like it doesn't hold up to a challenge. With batts. technology you can go fast and have great run time yes you won't get 25-30mins on modified brushed but it still doesn't change the fact that brush is fast. Brushless is a dream and is great to have but don't attack brushed motors. Brushed motors maybe dinosaurs soon but still pound for pound make a hell of alot of power. And the races we had I meant all of them even the last one that we had last month too that your car cogged jumped 3-5 feet out and stopped. You never learn you jump out the window with out a parachute all the time Bro. You still my dude but don't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk. If you beat me the next race I will retire and I say it here on the threads so get your A-GAME up and get ready for our next run if you win I will retire and tell everyone here you beat me if you lose I want you to chill the smack talking about brushed and humble yourself. Sat.26 we run. all is on the line and the wheel thing too. Let's see who's got a faster car pound for pound. This would be something to talk about for months ahead for everyone. I'm callin you out for a race. YEA, I SAID IT, ARE you up for the challenge? Or you gonna back down? Come on show these dudes you can back up what you say about brushed motors. Brushless is fast and have crazy run time so I don't see what the problem is, this should be an easy race for you the way you smack talk brushed.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Dont hurt yourself typing those novels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.