Wiki Posts
Search

foam or rubber?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shaneriley2
So if I am going to be running indoor 19t electric on carpet I should choose foams for the better life or rubber?
Well are you allowed to run rubber on the carpet? Some places dont allow you. If thats the case then the choice is easy.

If you are in the US I would say most tracks run foam for the most part. If you are running 19T then I would say you are looking at probably buying tires pretty frequently.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Shanerily2
OOoo? tough Q.? I like the foams. Faster easier to drive. I would lean towards the foams as far as longevity. In stock you can start at 60mm's
If running stock the foams will out last in performance. But at the speed of the 19t I would say foam. Starting at 59mm you may get 3 weeks. But if letting it rip 2.5 weeks I start mine at 58mm's. I can get 3 weeks with Pramas not these new ones that are out but the old style. And I'm running 4300 brushless. I can run them to 53mm's. The problem I've had with rubber is from the time I throw them on the track they wear not in size but in performance.
the foams stay consistent and as a matter of fact as the night rolls on the traction comes up and the shorter tire is an advantage.
It will all boil down to preference and budget and the performance that is desired. I prefer foams. On the budget of performance and longevity foams will win out. Rubbers go flat. But if changing the inserts are an option then they may be better? Yet I think that would be more of a waste.
I am biased towards foam same as some are bias to rubber.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I love running foams outside. Just get the nitro foams. They should last much longer than running carpet foams outside (obviously). Nitro foams should last just as long if not longer on EP cars than nitro cars.

yeah, like others have said, rubber tires fade quick and you don't really realize it since the diameter doesn't change.

The nice thing about foams is that you know when you need to replace them. But until then, the traction should be fairly consistent from beginning to end.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Well I guess that the foams are the way to go. I am just going to have to keep an eye on my gearing. I am probably going to run stock so that I can get more play with the tires I get. Thanks a lot fellas.

Shane