LRP Quantum Comp = Futaba MC800

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Quantum Comp = Futaba MC800

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Is there any advantage to running the Worlds kit in stock?
Old 04-04-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by kaizen
Is there any advantage to running the Worlds kit in stock?
not a whole lot.. running stock won't get the esc hot enough.

but then again...I did fry mine with it on
Old 04-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
sup..

get the GT7..you won't regret it.

I've had the MC800 was fried after 2 days of use.
Dito

the GT-7 is a great buy
-Dave
Old 04-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Actually I was more concerned with whether I might experience more Punch with the larger Capacitors.
Old 04-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Awesome
I would go for a GT-7.
Bought one two months ago and very satisfied.
I have a friend who has a GT7 and Burned it!. He was so pissed. But Novak was just close by and he got a replacement. The thing that was weired is that Novak told him to run 2 resistors on the ESC????
Old 04-05-2003, 06:41 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have been using the MC800 Futaba since it came out. I have 2 of them and never had any problems with it. I also had 2 LRP Quantums and also never had a problem.

I do see alot of problems with the GT7 though. Alot of guys are burning these things up and alot of glitching problems. When Tony Stewart (yes the real nascar guy) was racing at the big dirt oval race at Coopers at the end of last year he bought 3 of them. Everyone one either glitched or smoked. He switched to the new Keyence and never had a problem from their.

I think you either get a good one or you don't. Electronics can be funny from time to time.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

I think it doesn't matter what the brand is, speedos are smaller and lighter than ever before but are more complicated so it's inevitable that some will experience problems.

My Quantum comp worked great for a year and then the brake FET got smoked, don't know why. Anyone know how much LRP charge to fix them? I expect they'd have to send a new one.
In the mean time (about 6 months ago) I got a GT7, I'd pick it over the Quantum. It's smoother and easier to set-up, I hated the tiny quantum buttons. It's been used in mod TC, 6 cell stock 1/12th and 2wd mod buggy. I change it from car to car at least once a week and there's no damage to it. The Quantum case would have fallen off every time.

One thing I have never seen is a V7.1 blow up.
Old 04-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Or a V6 for that matter!!!
Old 04-06-2003, 01:53 AM
Tech Adept

I have a GT7 and its going great at the moment

Some of the other guys in my area have blown up to 2 GT7s but they still keep buying them because they are just so smooth.

the quantum looks good if you have a tight space although i've never seen one blow up, and i've never seen a TC2 blow up either
Old 04-06-2003, 06:12 PM
sup
Tech Addict

the cyclone or tc2 is my first choice but nobody (in our area) is selling a 2nd hand unit as of the moment.. ESCs up for sale right now are MC800s and Quantum Comps.. but now, i have included the v7.1 as an option to the c2/tc2. how about comments on the pro sport by lrp? am new to r/c and looking for r/c stuff that would last long.. thanks for the comments guys! keep 'em comming.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

I have and love an MRT VX Pro, a UK based company so it seems it's not as well known anywhere else in the world. They're very high spec and have lots of things to change, like punch, drag brake, brake strength, launch control start punch, most with 14 levels. The launch control works very well, it lets you just nail the throttle off the start line and if you're reactions are good when the buzzer goes you're likely to gain considerable distance on other cars. They're not the lightest of speedos but thats partly because of a fairly tough case and more from the fact that it's totaly waterproof, they coat the insides with something like silicon gel, like you would use around the edges of a bath. It uses small gold plugs instead of soldering straight onto the servo, so you can't damage the internals by heating it too much, plus it's easy to have a car wired up and just unplug the speedo to swap it into another car, the plugs are a good fit so don't come out in a crash. I have blown mine up but that was from connecting my cells the wrong way round and not noticing for a few minutes, until club mates saw smoke infact sent it back and got it repaired for less than £20, including a new FET and case, since the case had melted a bit in the heat, I couldn't even unplug the cells, they unsoldered themselfs in the end
Another nice point is it doesn't have one of those weedy dangling switches that people don't seem to secure properly so they get ripped off, it has just one button on the top and 6 LED's to tell you what you're doing.

There's a sport version with very similar specs, the Sport is around £95 and the Pro can be found for £125, possibly less. There are plenty of them at my club, most people turn to them after blowing up LRP's or similar
Old 04-06-2003, 07:22 PM
sup
Tech Addict

herminator, do they have a website? thanks!
Old 04-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.team-mrt.com/
Old 04-06-2003, 08:21 PM
sup
Tech Addict

thanks! hope they have one here in the philippines, or a distributor.. its kinda cheap for an ESC that has those specs.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

try this link, they ship internationaly

http://www.apexmodels.co.uk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.