R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   GP Cells... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/157115-gp-cells.html)

Wild Cherry 04-05-2007 07:13 PM

AaaaaH ! C-Onnnnn !

Fanatic ?

He ! He!

Yes Eddie !

I`m that and more about my Orion Carbon`s...... :D

speedxl 04-06-2007 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Fanatic ?

He ! He!

Yes Eddie !

I`m that and more about my Orion Carbon`s...... :D

Shut up already with the lipo crap! Some of us here are actually interested in finding out about the GP batteries, not everyone is caring about lipo.

Go find a lipo thread and rant there.

Freakin A, this use to be a great site for info. Now all you got is a bunch of idiots that talk crap, and make everything to be crap.

:flaming:

nagatahawk 04-06-2007 08:40 AM

I saw some GP4600s at the RCX show in Pomona. the guy their was an importer from china, He only sold them unmatched, individually or in bulk. If your interested I can give you his name and address.

from what i have gathered from some of the battery matchers, posting up in this form, is that the lower the batterey's ir the more fragile the battery, if the GPs have low ir then they may be fragile as well \.

As for the GP 3300's they are some of the best batteries I have ever owned and still use them. their ir is also higher than the IBs. however they really don't match the IB in performance.

I have had very good results using the Spintech digital discharger to keep my IB's revitalized.

I try to keep my battery purchases down to once a year for 4 cell and 6 cell. of course that means I will not be competitive after a couple of months. LOL.

Come On Lipos!!! (just kidding)

wn

Wild Cherry 04-06-2007 09:16 AM

Just to be on topic ...
The Gp was a great cell , I love um untill the 3800 Ib became available ....

But the best cell ever ?

was the Sanyo 2000 & 2400 ....
I still see racer`s racing with um....

Nothing more durable available even today....

Nexus 04-06-2007 09:18 AM

Even newly matched GP3700s would be a nice find.

wallstreet 04-06-2007 10:48 AM

i got 3 packs of 3700 never been run or even soldered up

hit me up

Marcos.J 04-06-2007 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by wallstreet

hit me up

pm me the numbers!! interested ;)

ghuber 04-06-2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Nexus
Anyone still matching and/or selling sub-c GP cells? What are the newest ones...the GP4300?

If anyone has info or links to companies/websites selling them can you post please?

Thank you.

The new GP4300s are coming out in the next couple of weeks. There are a couple big name matchers that will be carrying these new cells.

Marcos.J 04-07-2007 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by wallstreet

hit me up

ygpm!!

cvt01 04-07-2007 09:06 AM

I hope someone will explain this to me: they say lower IR in a NiMH cell makes the self discharging an issue yet the LiPo guys advertise their product as it has the fraction of the IR of a NiMH cell and the discharging is negligible... Is that also mean that once they start to improve the current IR of the LiPo cells the self discharge will become an issue??? :confused: